FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 9, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #3,556 of 7,931
  Agree, but I do have to say DITA, FAD, definitely not examples of "price-performance" winners.  The former is already expensive, and the latter more so. 

multiple drivers ciem brands
tongue.gif

May 9, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #3,557 of 7,931

multiple drivers ciem brands
tongue.gif

Might I suggest the Lab 1...or the Lab 2 for your listening pleasure. 
tongue.gif

Not to derail this much further, but having higher driver count isn't a bad thing either.  The UERR in my brief auditioning experience really can take things to a so-called "next level", mostly beating out something like the Lab 1.

I guess at the end of the day, we need to evaluate this price performance ratio individually.  And that too is subject to individual opinion.  Having said that, FLC8S is what I would consider a success.

May 9, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #3,558 of 7,931
  Might I suggest the Lab 1...or the Lab 2 for your listening pleasure. 
tongue.gif

Not to derail this much further, but having higher driver count isn't a bad thing either.  The UERR in my brief auditioning experience really can take things to a so-called "next level", mostly beating out something like the Lab 1.

I guess at the end of the day, we need to evaluate this price performance ratio individually.  And that too is subject to individual opinion.  Having said that, FLC8S is what I would consider a success.

i have tried the lab1 and lab2 already.
lab2 is phenomenal. i can understand why they cost 400,000 yen
beerchug.gif

well flc8s bang for bucks!

May 9, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #3,559 of 7,931
I can say that the upgraded crystal cable is about as microphonic as the original cable maybe a bit less, not sure about other cables but you wont be happy with crystal cable if you want to minimize microphonics.

Interesting. I find the Crystal Silver cable from LMUE MUCH less microphonic than the original stock blue cable. I have Null Audio's Arête on the way to compare as well.

May 9, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #3,561 of 7,931
  Oh man, I can't stop listening to the red gray gold with mojo...female vocals sound amazing...so natural with a touch of sub,mid-bass...I wish I had the time to listen all day.

yes digging it all day everyday
beerchug.gif

May 9, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #3,563 of 7,931
Oh man, I can't stop listening to the red gray gold with mojo...female vocals sound amazing...so natural with a touch of sub,mid-bass...I wish I had the time to listen all day.

It always comes back to red-gray-gold :p

A bit of a diversion...

Regarding biking with these, I'd vote against it due to the LF filter's position right on the outward face of FLC8S in particular and non-sealed shell in general. Old FLC8 cable will mitigate microphones quite nicely vs. stock or silver FLC8S cables.

HEM2 was mentioned above as an alternative. Since you're ok dropping some cash on the new IEM, I'm going to throw in for that one. The shells are super lightweight and are very comfortable. Cables aren't microphonic and are detachable. You get a mic cable and regular cable. Personally, I was immediately drawn to the sound which is similar to FLC8S with red-gray-gold. Good stuff!

So definitely buy FLC8S for everyday use but HEM2 would be a better choice for active time IMHO. The others mentioned with metal shell might get a bit heavy, Nova in particular. Not sure if the angular design would be active friendly, either. It's fine for me with Orion when chilling out. If it was locked in well and shifted around I could see getting hot spots, though.
:beerchug:

May 9, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #3,564 of 7,931
My pair is at New York customs. Hope it's here soon! Bored with my plain earbuds.
regular_smile .gif

May 9, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #3,565 of 7,931
^
Dude, if you are just using earbuds you had better be near a defibrillator when you first listen to the FLC's!

May 9, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #3,568 of 7,931
  My pair is at New York customs. Hope it's here soon! Bored with my plain earbuds.
regular_smile .gif

Expect your expectations are going to be shattered if your coming off a pair of plain buds to the FLC's
beerchug.gif

May 10, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #3,570 of 7,931
  Agree, but I do have to say DITA, FAD, definitely not examples of "price-performance" winners.  The former is already expensive, and the latter more so. 

Same here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back