FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 12, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #3,091 of 7,931

Odd. I've had three pairs of the regular old FLC8S plus the CIEM version in house at various points, and none have had any issues with the filters popping out. Seems like you just need to have your pair replaced.

I haven't had that issue at all either.  They require a little bit of a push to get seated, and then they seem very secure.  Possibly the OP didn't get them seated completely.

Apr 12, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #3,092 of 7,931
  Hello everyone. I recently purchased the FLC 8s from LMUE however I find that the stock tips do not fit well into my ears and they are being constantly pushed outside my ear canal thus, most of the time I could not have a complete seal.  Anyone can recommend which tips are best for the FLC 8s? I find that the largest stock tips sometimes do not fall off outside my ear.

So far I love the red-grey-gold and red-grey-green filters.

Thanks.

The Crystal foam tips that LMUE wells are very nice, comfortable and sound good (medium bore size).  If you want to stay with silicone, Spinfits are a good choice (100 model).

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #3,093 of 7,931
  Yeah, I think it does need replacing. I'm going to hold off for a little while, but will return to owning one of FLC Tech's earphones once the universal custom shell version comes out. The fit was never very good for me, with the angle of the nozzle seeming off so they constantly wanted to back out of my ears and needed re-seating. Sony Hybrid tips mostly fixed this, but it was never a great fit. Hopefully the upcoming hybrid univ. shell helps this. 

If the 
How about the ULF filter which has hole off center. Is it causing imbalance too??

In theory, if the small hole in the filters is blocked, that will cause imbalance, but we have seen this kind of imbalance yet.
We tested all filters and nozzles except the black bass filter and the green nozzle(they are empty) and the red ULF filter(it's solid)

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #3,094 of 7,931
If the 
In theory, if the small hole in the filters is blocked, that will cause imbalance, but we have seen this kind of imbalance yet.
We tested all filters and nozzles except the black bass filter and the green nozzle(they are empty) and the red ULF filter(it's solid)

So, if the dust blocking ULF filter can we just poke it with needle or something?
Also, what is the really difference between clear tips anf grey one?

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #3,095 of 7,931
  Hello everyone. I recently purchased the FLC 8s from LMUE however I find that the stock tips do not fit well into my ears and they are being constantly pushed outside my ear canal thus, most of the time I could not have a complete seal.  Anyone can recommend which tips are best for the FLC 8s? I find that the largest stock tips sometimes do not fall off outside my ear.

So far I love the red-grey-gold and red-grey-green filters.

Thanks.

comply 400 series

Apr 12, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #3,098 of 7,931
needle is too big, you need to find something stiff and very small(about 0.2mm diameter).
The only difference is color.

Thank you for the answer.
0.2 mm? That's so small.haha
Btw you're right about "imbalance", it just have to sit and seal properly to get balance sound.
I got perfect fit with ortofon tips (Medium size) + 1mm spacer on the nozzle.

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #3,099 of 7,931
  @Boknoy9999 you can take a look at here http://www.ortofon.com/silicone-eartips-set-p-577

Thanks but its quite a bit pricey for me though since I have to pay for additional shipping.

Quote:
  The Crystal foam tips that LMUE wells are very nice, comfortable and sound good (medium bore size).  If you want to stay with silicone, Spinfits are a good choice (100 model).

Thanks for this. I was about to ask about the model of the spinfits.  Any idea on its size? Only the largest stock tips provide the seal on my ears so I guess I should be getting the large ones.

comply 400 series

Yes I have purchased one at massdrop but I am quite concerned on its durability.  I guess I will find out when it will be delivered to me.

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #3,100 of 7,931
  Thanks for this. I was about to ask about the model of the spinfits.  Any idea on its size? Only the largest stock tips provide the seal on my ears so I guess I should be getting the large ones.

Yes I have purchased one at massdrop but I am quite concerned on its durability.  I guess I will find out when it will be delivered to me.

You would  want the large spinfits. They aren't quite as big as the included tips (close though)  but are designed to sit deeper in the canal, so you should get a good seal.

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #3,102 of 7,931
  Most of you with imbalance must have a seal issue. I had that before and learned how to fix it by inserting the tip deeper on that ear. Dual flange tips helped. Case solved.

Don't think mine is a seal issue as much as a hearing issue.  I have the same issue with full size cans.   Too many 120 db rock concerts in the front row with no hearing protection.

Apr 13, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #3,103 of 7,931
  Don't think mine is a seal issue as much as a hearing issue.  I have the same issue with full size cans.   Too many 120 db rock concerts in the front row with no hearing protection.

Ouch. That last sentence sounds painful just reading it 
frown.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #3,104 of 7,931
Yeah, wasn't the smartest thing in the world.  I just never could enjoy concerts with hearing protection.  And these were at small to medium clubs, where you can lean on the stage and I was only a couple feet from the speakers (probably at least 100 times).  I wouldn't trade those times though, even with the mild hearing damage.  I've been tested by an audiologist and its very mild in one ear and mild to low-moderate in the other, not far from normal for my age.  Its just that one side is worse than the other.  I always stood closer to the left speakers and that's the ear with more loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back