FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 11, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #3,076 of 7,931
I
Hello everyone. I recently purchased the FLC 8s from LMUE however I find that the stock tips do not fit well into my ears and they are being constantly pushed outside my ear canal thus, most of the time I could not have a complete seal.  Anyone can recommend which tips are best for the FLC 8s? I find that the largest stock tips sometimes do not fall off outside my ear.

So far I love the red-grey-gold and red-grey-green filters.

Thanks.

I suggets you to try ortofon tips.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #3,077 of 7,931
Hello everyone. I recently purchased the FLC 8s from LMUE however I find that the stock tips do not fit well into my ears and they are being constantly pushed outside my ear canal thus, most of the time I could not have a complete seal.  Anyone can recommend which tips are best for the FLC 8s? I find that the largest stock tips sometimes do not fall off outside my ear.

So far I love the red-grey-gold and red-grey-green filters.

Thanks.

Have you tried all the sizes? I have pretty small ears and small size seems to work well. Extra small is really small, so cannot get a complete seal.

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #3,078 of 7,931
I'm unfortunately having to return my pair. I've come to the conclusion that there's a slight channel imbalance, with the R side being a bit weaker than the L. No amount of tip rolling, or fiddling with fit/seating has helped, and it's distracting to listen to. It's really a bummer as I dig the sound so much. Another thing which has been problematic is that the small sub-bass plugs pop out on their own quite often! I'm totally shocked I haven't lost one yet, as thankfully it has only ever happened at my desk at work. But this causes me believe they need to figure out how to make these tuning pieces a little more dependable and solid, and user-friendly. The sub-bass plug is crazy tiny and hard to work with. 

I seriously hope they refine the design/engineering of the tiny components, because they're really onto something. And I'll be eagerly waiting for that 'universal-custom' style shell model that nmatheis had pics of a while back. I'll be in for that one for sure.

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #3,079 of 7,931
  I'm unfortunately having to return my pair. I've come to the conclusion that there's a slight channel imbalance, with the R side being a bit weaker than the L. No amount of tip rolling, or fiddling with fit/seating has helped, and it's distracting to listen to. It's really a bummer as I dig the sound so much. Another thing which has been problematic is that the small sub-bass plugs pop out on their own quite often! I'm totally shocked I haven't lost one yet, as thankfully it has only ever happened at my desk at work. But this causes me believe they need to figure out how to make these tuning pieces a little more dependable and solid, and user-friendly. The sub-bass plug is crazy tiny and hard to work with. 

I seriously hope they refine the design/engineering of the tiny components, because they're really onto something. And I'll be eagerly waiting for that 'universal-custom' style shell model that nmatheis had pics of a while back. I'll be in for that one for sure.

Odd. I've had three pairs of the regular old FLC8S plus the CIEM version in house at various points, and none have had any issues with the filters popping out. Seems like you just need to have your pair replaced.

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #3,080 of 7,931

at first I also experiencing some channel imbalance. after 1 month the sounds is getting more balance, but in some occasion I heard slightly imbalance.
is it defective unit? any idea what should I do with it?
also, I notice not all ULF filter have centered hole. something like, right side center and left side off center. do you guys think it will affect the sound?

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #3,081 of 7,931
I
I suggets you to try ortofon tips.

May I know the exact type that works for the FLC 8s? Found one at amazon but not sure if its the one compatible with FLC 8s.

Have you tried all the sizes? I have pretty small ears and small size seems to work well. Extra small is really small, so cannot get a complete seal.

Yes I have tried all the black and white ones.  The extra small do not fall off my ears but I could not get any seal.  I will try comply but I am quite concerned on its durability.

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #3,083 of 7,931
Yes, It's silicone. I don't remember the pricing for etymotics since I've had them for 3 years. Still didn't ask Piotr about pricing for FLC. You have to make ear impressions and send them to Custom Art, but they need FLC's too because they don't know them. I'll be doing mine this week, so once Piotr will have my FLC he won't be needing another set in the future. I suppose. Anyway just mail Piotr at info@thecustomart.com.

So Piotr emailed me that they have an FLC8 and cant make custom tips for it. Bummer. Any other ideas?

Apr 12, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #3,085 of 7,931
Yeah, he's talking about my FLC's, I was at the lab yesterday. Piotr showed something interesting, It's Proguard Earportz. Just ordered from ebay.

Yeah I read that the ridges on these get uncomfortable after a while and comfort is the main reason I was getting the custom tips.

Edit:

Can anyone confirm what is the bore size of the FLC8S in mm?

Thanks

Apr 12, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #3,086 of 7,931

The bass plug was pressed to position or the nozzle was not screwed to position can cause imbalance.
Sometimes size of ear channel will cause the imbalance, if one side of ear channel is big, and that side of earphone was inserted deepper, the deeper insert will cause imbalance.
We also have few of "imbalance" return in China, but Testing shows that most of them are good.
I posted a thread about the imbalance issue in a Chinese forum.
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4219545995
There are some curves to show how difference a same earphone were tested under different size of eartips(different deep insert)

Apr 12, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #3,087 of 7,931
The bass plug was pressed to position or the nozzle was not screwed to position can cause imbalance.
Sometimes size of ear channel will cause the imbalance, if one side of ear channel is big, and that side of earphone was inserted deepper, the deeper insert will cause imbalance.
We also have few of "imbalance" return in China, but Testing shows that most of them are good.
There are some curves to show how difference a same earphone were tested under different size of eartips(different deep insert)

How about the ULF filter which has hole off center. Is it causing imbalance too??

Apr 12, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #3,088 of 7,931

Odd. I've had three pairs of the regular old FLC8S plus the CIEM version in house at various points, and none have had any issues with the filters popping out. Seems like you just need to have your pair replaced.

Yeah, I think it does need replacing. I'm going to hold off for a little while, but will return to owning one of FLC Tech's earphones once the universal custom shell version comes out. The fit was never very good for me, with the angle of the nozzle seeming off so they constantly wanted to back out of my ears and needed re-seating. Sony Hybrid tips mostly fixed this, but it was never a great fit. Hopefully the upcoming hybrid univ. shell helps this. 

Apr 12, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #3,089 of 7,931

I have channel imbalance with every IEM I use.  I don't know if I have some hearing loss in one ear (very possible, too many rock concerts) or just differences in the way my ear canals are shaped (one is larger than the other).  That's why whatever source I use has to have a balance control, something I should ALWAYS be included anyway, because this is a pretty common problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back