FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Nov 29, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #451 of 7,931
Well, whoever ordered this is up to a nice treat..

thanks to lendmeyourears they were afraid the iem would get lost in the way to egypt so they upgraded me to dhl express and it took 3 days.

so i just received them today, didnt give them a detailed listen, didnt swap the confguration parts still,

But at first listen out of the box, it is nothing short of impressive at this price range ! , specially at bf deal price too.

i will do some swapping and come back later, if i remembered ;P

Welcome! Don't miss out the magical red filter! A must try from me. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #452 of 7,931
Haha! Magical red filter. I like that!

I actually just ran the gamut tonight and determined once and for all that the clear filters aren't for me. Neither are green or blue. I'm a black, gold, grey, gunmetal, and red kinda guy. Any of those work for me depending on my mood and music.

Flcforrestwei: Don't tell anyone, but FLC 8S are my top IEM pick for 2015. Shhh... Keep it between us :wink:

Nov 30, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #453 of 7,931
  Welcome! Don't miss out the magical red filter! A must try from me. 
biggrin.gif

I like the red filter, i almost lost it twice though, it jumps like crazy !!
Haha! Magical red filter. I like that!

I actually just ran the gamut tonight and determined once and for all that the clear filters aren't for me. Neither are green or blue. I'm a black, gold, grey, gunmetal, and red kinda guy. Any of those work for me depending on my mood and music.

@Flcforrestwei: Don't tell anyone, but FLC 8S are my top IEM pick for 2015. Shhh... Keep it between us
wink.gif

i think iam that guy too !

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #455 of 7,931
I gave up on the tweezers and just use my fingers now. Seems easier.

Speaking of jumping like crazy, I was holding my Shanling M3 in my lap tonight. I ejected the card, and it shot all the way over my head and went down my collar behind my neck. Talk about spring loaded!?!

Me either. The tweezer seems pretty useless in my opinion. 

Guess we should ban on spring? And went back to musket's generation? 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 2, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #456 of 7,931
  For the canucks that ordered, how long did shipping take? Was there any import charges? TIA

I ordered on Sunday, and DHL says I will have them by Thursday as long as customs doesn't hold them up. I will post import charges when I know.

A big thanks to @hakushondaimao for bringing these to the Calgary meet.

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #457 of 7,931
  I ordered on Sunday, and DHL says I will have them by Thursday as long as customs doesn't hold them up. I will post import charges when I know.

A big thanks to @hakushondaimao for bringing these to the Calgary meet.

More people should hear about these things. I've been messing around with these throughout the whole Thanksgiving break and I must admit, they wow me every time. I'm not a huge fan of the green nozzle but they do give the treble more clarity. 

Any chance @jimjims could update the first post to include reviews by other people so these can get more attention? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #458 of 7,931
I've been keeping an eye on this thread; they're not going unnoticed, but there haven't been a lot of reviews. 

I'm very intrigued, but am a little concerned about the length of the replaceable nozzles (seems to be an issue with the Fitdue A83 too). 

I imagine these might be tricky to measure.  Has anyone posted frequency response measurements for these yet? 

Another thing that sparked my interest in the flc8 is that the A83 looks to have a big suckout in the upper frequency perhaps due to a poorly designed crossover.  Maybe someone can correct me on that if I'm mistaken. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #459 of 7,931
Hey roy_jones:

What measurements do you want for the nozzles? I don't have calipers but can take rough measurements.

I can PM you quick n dirty measurements taken with my Dayton IMM-6 calibrated mic if you'd like. I'm not likely to publish these since they're not "pro measurements".

Haven't heard A83, so I can't comment on it.

I'll add to the growing list of reviews soon. After that, I'll be sharing them with some of my fellow headfi'ers. If you're in the US and would like to give 'em a listen, let me know and I'll try to make it happen.
:beerchug:

Dec 2, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #460 of 7,931
nmatheis, thanks for your help.  I see some fellow Canadian head-fiers have had a chance to audition them via a meet.  That is great for me because I can go and check the meet thread for impressions. 

I may look at close up pictures compared to the A83 and the DN2000J to try to get a visual perspective on the nozzle length.  It wouldn't be a criticism if I discovered they're shorter like the Fitdue because the design of the housings are different and insertion angle is also a factor.  I may ask you to break out the ol' ruler if the visual route isn't helpful.

Keep the measurement project in mind because that's eventually going to draw people in. 

I absolutely love the design concept.  The additional filters and nozzles function as handy replacement parts, god forbid. 

The ability to change the sound in so many ways is perfect for the high end user. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #461 of 7,931
roy_jones: My man hakushondaimao is going to be touring FLC 8S in Canada. If you're interested, shoot him a PM?
:beerchug:

Size reference:

I'll be getting one of those Vibro Veritas IEM measuring setups real soon. Once I feel comfortable with what I'm getting out of it, maybe I'll throw some measurements online. The IMM-6 measurements are good for comparative purposes, but I don't want to represent the overall FR for FLC 8S by posting them. Veritas should get me closer with some practice!

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #462 of 7,931
Thanks nmatheis!  Another thing I was wondering is an A/B vs. the AKG K3003 with the tuning of the FLC8s as close to the K3003 as possible.  I am still trying to get a handle on how much the sound can be effectively changed.  

Those pictures help a lot. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #464 of 7,931
  nmatheis, thanks for your help.  I see some fellow Canadian head-fiers have had a chance to audition them via a meet.  That is great for me because I can go and check the meet thread for impressions. 

I may look at close up pictures compared to the A83 and the DN2000J to try to get a visual perspective on the nozzle length.  It wouldn't be a criticism if I discovered they're shorter like the Fitdue because the design of the housings are different and insertion angle is also a factor.  I may ask you to break out the ol' ruler if the visual route isn't helpful.

Keep the measurement project in mind because that's eventually going to draw people in. 

I absolutely love the design concept.  The additional filters and nozzles function as handy replacement parts, god forbid. 

The ability to change the sound in so many ways is perfect for the high end user. 

Don't think you should worry about the nozzle. Despite being straight instead of angled nozzle like the ATH. I find FLC's provide much more comfort for me. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #465 of 7,931
  Don't think you should worry about the nozzle. Despite being straight instead of angled nozzle like the ATH. I find FLC's provide much more comfort for me. 

Yea, the housing is really light and ergonomic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back