FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Dec 17, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #707 of 7,931

1. Too much loss while selling them out
2. Too much dependent on your anatomy (eg. weight changes)
3. Not interested since got FLC's
4. Like to playing with tips:)

Not big experience in ciems, but coming from Lime Ears LE3SW (acrylic).

BTW, New cable (blue) is worse than first one in terms of ergonomics. Much worse.

Thats the reason why I can't use them. Too many weight changes in relatively short periods of time. Fat, thin, fat, thin... Well, 46 and counting... :S

Like to play with tips too ; )

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #708 of 7,931
hey guys...has anyone compared these to the shure 846?

am also considering either the flc s8 or the shure 846.
yet the 846 is a huge jump in price....so am hoping someone can fill me in on the major diffs
(am sure the build quality of the 846 is better too, of course)

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #709 of 7,931

yet the 846 is a huge jump in price....so am hoping someone can fill me in on the major diffs

I dont think iam qualified to comment after joker hahaha, i mean the guy has a vast experience, i bought lots of stuff of his recommendations but since he didnt review se846 due to comfort issues, i might share some details with you..

But before this, along all my purchases i reached that performance to price ratio decreases as price go up.. meaning yes the 1000$ iem is the best i have heard but it is not 4 times better than a really good 250$ iem that outperforms its price..

Next thing thats what special about flc8s at this price range it is a great performer with the capability to tweak sound (while tweaking for me is not night and day difference but there is differences and i prefered a setting over others, also tweaking gets some time that you might get lost in the placebo effect )

Now se846 build feels better hands down, if your a bass person it will never get better than se846 bass beast it punches rumbles and shake too, but still flc8s offers tight and punchy bass of nice quality, the mids on the se846 is magical and sweet, flc8s mids doesnt have the same magic (i have no other word to describe it but magic lol) but the mids on flc8s is clear and intimate while sounding very nice, as for the treble i think flc8s would take this one as the se846 lacks in the treble department, also flc8s has this bit of air in the treble giving a sense of a bit larger soundstage ..

Thats my opinion from memory as it has been a while since i listened to se846.

And my opinion is in no way a professinal one, so i would seek other opinions as well..

But i second joker thats this would go between gr07 and se846.

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #710 of 7,931
many thanks, kingdixon.

yes jokerl recommended this as the best bang for buck between what i have (vsonics gr07 classic) and what i'd love to get
(shure 846) so thanks for your help...i guess i could at least experiment with the flc s8...if i don't like 'em
just then jump to 535 or 846.

i do think the headphone bar in vancouver (where i bought my vsonics from...GREAT SHOP) carries the shure...so i should pop
in and try 'em.

Quote:
I dont think iam qualified to comment after joker hahaha, i mean the guy has a vast experience, i bought lots of stuff of his recommendations but since he didnt review se846 due to comfort issues, i might share some details with you..

But before this, along all my purchases i reached that performance to price ratio decreases as price go up.. meaning yes the 1000$ iem is the best i have heard but it is not 4 times better than a really good 250$ iem that outperforms its price..

Next thing thats what special about flc8s at this price range it is a great performer with the capability to tweak sound (while tweaking for me is not night and day difference but there is differences and i prefered a setting over others, also tweaking gets some time that you might get lost in the placebo effect )

Now se846 build feels better hands down, if your a bass person it will never get better than se846 bass beast it punches rumbles and shake too, but still flc8s offers tight and punchy bass of nice quality, the mids on the se846 is magical and sweet, flc8s mids doesnt have the same magic (i have no other word to describe it but magic lol) but the mids on flc8s is clear and intimate while sounding very nice, as for the treble i think flc8s would take this one as the se846 lacks in the treble department, also flc8s has this bit of air in the treble giving a sense of a bit larger soundstage ..

Thats my opinion from memory as it has been a while since i listened to se846.

And my opinion is in no way a professinal one, so i would seek other opinions as well..

But i second joker thats this would go between gr07 and se846.

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #711 of 7,931

The mids of 846 is much more intimate, sweet, lush than the FLC's. While the FLC's isn't that forward. But is crystal clear. Bass on the 846 is like a cannon. Really, really deep.
Flc's isn't that far behind. Maybe 30% lesser? Treble like @kingdixon said. FLC is much better. Added life to classical tracks.

Dec 17, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #712 of 7,931

I bought FLC8 based on joker's review, and he agrees that the FLC8 is a direct upgrade to the GR07 in terms of sound sig and balance. Think GR07 but more refined across the entire spectrum, and a much deeper soundstage. That's the FLC8, and I've been so happy with it I sold off the GR07.

As for the 846 it's a different flavour. If I want sweet vocals or that bass cannon I'd go for it, but FLC8 is more balanced. I actually believe they perform at the same level!

Dec 17, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #713 of 7,931
Thanks guys...keep those comparisons coming.

And here is a further question to those familiar with both shure 846 and flc: if you could only have one then which one and why.

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #714 of 7,931

And here is a further question to those familiar with both shure 846 and flc: if you could only have one then which one and why.

If I had to have just ONE earphone in my collection for whatever reason, between the two it's the FLC8. Simply because it's the better all-rounder, with tuning capabilities for your preferred sig. Classical? Green nozzle. Vocals? Gold nozzle. Balanced? Grey everything. I do not feel that any part of the sound spectrum is lacking.

Make no mistake I love my 846 as well, with its endgame bass and sweet sweet mids, but in stock you'll probably never get that balanced sound. It's after all a warm IEM first of all. With blue filters you get the bass and mids but lack treble extension and air. With white filters you get an idea of what the treble is capable of, but lose some bass rumble and impact. Blue filter mod is the best compromise where you get most of the white filter treble, but still lacks a bit of treble extension for me. I even got silver cables for it which improves treble resolution, but yeah, adds to the cost of an already pricey IEM, just to eke out the last bit of treble.

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #715 of 7,931
Thx for your thoughts on CIEM!

Just got the black cable, and I agree. It's definitely less "boutique" and more functional.

My exact words were "it's a cable".

So how are the Empire Ears audition going? Picked a favorite yet?

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #716 of 7,931

If I had to have just ONE earphone in my collection for whatever reason, between the two it's the FLC8. Simply because it's the better all-rounder, with tuning capabilities for your preferred sig. Classical? Green nozzle. Vocals? Gold nozzle. Balanced? Grey everything.

Make no mistake I love my 846 as well, with its endgame bass and sweet sweet mids, but in stock you'll probably never get that balanced sound. It's after all a warm IEM first of all. With blue filters you get the bass and mids but lack treble extension and air. With white filters you get an idea of what the treble is capable of, but lose some bass rumble and impact. Blue filter mod is the best compromise where you get most of the white filter treble, but still lacks a bit of treble extension for me. I even got silver cables for it which improves treble resolution, but yeah, adds to the cost of an already pricey IEM, just to eke out the last bit of treble.

FLC8S for all the above reasons + if I had the budget for the 846, I'll use the price difference to get an iDSD. All rounder iem with all rounder DAC/Amp.

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #717 of 7,931
ezekiel77: No fave yet. Used my time last night for one last listen to the Perfect Seal lineup. This time with Mojo. I've also got Q-Jays and LZ-A2 and need to give them a little more time. I do hope to run through the EE lineup tonight after the boys are in bed, though!

RedTwilight: I haven't heard iDSD yet. Just portable DAC/Amps like Cayin C5 DAC, Shanling H3, Calyx PaT, Cozoy Aegis, and Chord Mojo. What makes you recommend iDSD?

Dec 17, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #718 of 7,931
@ezekiel77: No fave yet. Used my time last night for one last listen to the Perfect Seal lineup. This time with Mojo. I've also got Q-Jays and LZ-A2 and need to give them a little more time. I do hope to run through the EE lineup tonight after the boys are in bed, though!

@RedTwilight: I haven't heard iDSD yet. Just portable DAC/Amps like Cayin C5 DAC, Shanling H3, Calyx PaT, Cozoy Aegis, and Chord Mojo. What makes you recommend iDSD?

iDSD is a portable DAC/Amp as well, i really love the sheer functionality of it. It has very clean and neutral sound while not becoming boring, a wide compatibility of formats and all the bells and whistles you can think of. 5 gain values, Ifi's well implemented 3D Holographic DSP and Xbass, along with a host of connectivity. Plus it also functions as a powerbank for your phone in a pinch, with its 4800mAh battery.

Dec 17, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #720 of 7,931

iDSD is a portable DAC/Amp as well, i really love the sheer functionality of it. It has very clean and neutral sound while not becoming boring, a wide compatibility of formats and all the bells and whistles you can think of. 5 gain values, Ifi's well implemented 3D Holographic DSP and Xbass, along with a host of connectivity. Plus it also functions as a powerbank for your phone in a pinch, with its 4800mAh battery.

How can you not even mention the it's sexy as screw!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back