FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Nov 10, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #6,736 of 7,931
I'm a big fan of both the single and (newer) dual-flange SpinFits. They're both very comfortable. The dual-flange gives better isolation and slightly tames the treble energy. I'd both both - this basically.gives you another tuning option for your FLC8S. They aren't the cheapest tips (dual flange are $10 per pair), but being silicone, they should last.

Which one of them fit better? I slightly prefer dual flange because it's newer, but also concerned about comfort because of it's non traditional design.

Nov 10, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #6,737 of 7,931
The dual flange are more likely to work for more people, on more IEMs, because they seal better and have a longer reach. They also come with little silicone adapters for IEMs with thinner nozzles. So there's no need to buy different model tips for different IEMs - these same tips should fit on almost every IEM out there!

Nov 13, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #6,740 of 7,931
Ok so i have decided against going for aftermarket tips. I am fully satisfied by sound of the stock tips and every tip alters sound in it's own way even if i change the size. Only concern was comfort because sometimes i have to fiddle a bit to get good seal but that's it.

Spinfit regular increase treble energy and double blade decrease it. Therefore it changes the stock sound in one way or another and i rather not change the stock sound.

I switched back to black medium sub bass because i like lean sound signature. Red plug bass sounds a bit artificial by boosting sub bass too much. Initially i liked that but not in the long run. I love the addicting fast bass now. Yes enjoyment factor decreases a bit but my ears can't adapt to slow bass for some reason. Haha.

Nov 14, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #6,742 of 7,931
Nov 14, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #6,743 of 7,931
For another experience shared:

I got my Null Audio Arete cable today (Half-Nylon / Half-Clear - Smoked Black).
Immediate and well worth improvement to the microphonics that the stock cable suffers from.
Easy to replace the cable. Spent 5+ minutes getting one of the connectors to let loose, just continuously tweaking at it without much force. Inserting the new cable was very smooth with much less force than what was required to get old one out.
Excellent premium looking cable with extremely easy handling due to the nylon sleeved part of it. Somewhat heavy 3.5mm right angled jack, if it's plugged into something, it's unnoticeable.

That's as much of a review I can give it.

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #6,744 of 7,931
For another experience shared:

I got my Null Audio Arete cable today (Half-Nylon / Half-Clear - Smoked Black).
Immediate and well worth improvement to the microphonics that the stock cable suffers from.
Easy to replace the cable. Spent 5+ minutes getting one of the connectors to let loose, just continuously tweaking at it without much force. Inserting the new cable was very smooth with much less force than what was required to get old one out.
Excellent premium looking cable with extremely easy handling due to the nylon sleeved part of it. Somewhat heavy 3.5mm right angled jack, if it's plugged into something, it's unnoticeable.

That's as much of a review I can give it.

How does look on flc8s? Can you shows us some pic. Does it improve sound in any way.

Nov 15, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #6,745 of 7,931
Here you go!

2017-11-15 06.49.21.jpg

For slightly better contrast albeit also slightly out of focus.

2017-11-15 06.45.15-2.jpg

Whether they improve the sound besides reduction in microphonics is beyond my ability to detect. I'm sure somebody else can chime in on this.

Nov 15, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #6,746 of 7,931
Here you go!

For slightly better contrast albeit also slightly out of focus.

Whether they improve the sound besides reduction in microphonics is beyond my ability to detect. I'm sure somebody else can chime in on this.
They look great! Thinking of buying the same cable. Does it improve the fit? I have a bit of an issue getting one side to fit properly and having to constantly readjust

Nov 15, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #6,747 of 7,931
They look great! Thinking of buying the same cable. Does it improve the fit? I have a bit of an issue getting one side to fit properly and having to constantly readjust

It has hard plastic around the ears, it's slightly hard to see in the picture but this prevents it from needing any form of re-adjustment. Assuming this is what you meant by fit.

Nov 16, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #6,749 of 7,931
I haven't tried to make any permanent changes to them but it seems to be like it should at least be possible due to it being a single molded piece of plastic. It doesn't seem like a necessity either way to me because they have very little force on the ear thus becoming unnoticeable when wearing and otherwise doesn't really stretch vertically which to my imagination is what the fit problem comes from.

Nov 16, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #6,750 of 7,931
I haven't tried to make any permanent changes to them but it seems to be like it should at least be possible due to it being a single molded piece of plastic. It doesn't seem like a necessity either way to me because they have very little force on the ear thus becoming unnoticeable when wearing and otherwise doesn't really stretch vertically which to my imagination is what the fit problem comes from.
great thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back