FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 6, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #4,351 of 7,931
there are no spare for the nozzle filters bc it is so big to lose it.

:)
my point was not that there wernt spares for the big filters, but that there were spares for the tiny ones which saves you buying extras from LUME for the one off accidents!

It is nice that Forrest does this and I dont remember anyone noting that the extras are included in the std package.

Jul 6, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #4,352 of 7,931
:)
my point was not that there wernt spares for the big filters, but that there were spares for the tiny ones which saves you buying extras from LUME for the one off accidents!

It is nice that Forrest does this and I dont remember anyone noting that the extras are included in the std package.
fair enough

Jul 6, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #4,354 of 7,931
  any more info on what upgraded flc is forest working on next?
heard it's to be some new flc also with tuneable filters but not the current model's approach.

About all that is known is that it is deigned to a TOTL IEM, and will be priced accordingly.  I wouldn't be surprised to see it come in at USD1000 or more, but that's just speculation on my part.

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #4,355 of 7,931
  any more info on what upgraded flc is forest working on next?
heard it's to be some new flc also with tuneable filters but not the current model's approach.

it will cost u a grand i reckon

Jul 6, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #4,358 of 7,931
top of the line

totl iems are like empire ears zeus, fitear mh335dw, custom art harmony 8.2 etc

Thanks.

So many pricey earphones coming out this year: translucent, rhapsodio, fidue sirius, jh of course, 1964, etc.

I wonder if the higher you go up to Sonic ladder and the more critical you become, that you can also potentially start to lose sight of "the forest for the trees", so to speak. I just don't want to go down that road.

Have to draw an comparison. I remember reading about one car reviewer who had had, at one time or another in his 20 yr plus pro career of reviewing cars, that is all the big cars, 'the serious cars, the real cars' in his garage: the Jags, acuras, infinitis, Mercedes Ferraris, Lambos, porsches, beemers, audis, Bentleys, etc. you name it...he had over 20 yrs in the business reviewing all types of cars. I mention this because the car he was reviewing at that time was a Honda Civic, and he said he had more fun driving that particular car around the city and on the highway than any other of those other $$$ serious cars.  And that is what many of us love about Honda: they're able to blend 'fun, affordable and also respectable'  together in many of their vehicles (I don't have a honda btw) and heck who doesn't think the new civic is not wayy too cool. 

anyway.... sometimes i just wonder if this is what happens with any passion or hobby, esp audiophilia. I just want to be happy with 80-85% of superb sound without breaking the bank, or going down the "there is always something better or new coming out "$$$ sinkhole. Ideally I'd only like to upgrade every few yrs, but being a regular on here can do crazy things to you, so good luck to that notion, lol. Anyone else feel similar?

in short, here's hoping the flc 8s can do me well enough as a 'fun, respectable and affordable' iem to keep me from having to consider the $1k club.

Jul 6, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #4,359 of 7,931

Thanks.

So many pricey earphones coming out this year: translucent, rhapsodio, fidue sirius, jh of course, 1964, etc.

I wonder if the higher you go up to Sonic ladder and the more critical you become, that you can also potentially start to lose sight of "the forest for the trees", so to speak. I just don't want to go down that road.

How to draw an comparison. I remember reading about one car reviewer who had had, at one time or another in his 20 yr plus pro career of reviewing cars, all the big cars, the 'serious cars, the real cars' in his garage: the Jags, acuras, infinitis, Mercedes Ferraris, Lambos, audis, Bentleys, etc. you name it...over 20 yrs in the business reviewing cars. He mentioned this because the car he was reviewing at that time was a Honda Civic, and he said he had more fun driving that car around the city and on the highway than any other of those other $$$ big serious cars, the 'real cars'.  And that is what many of us love about Honda: they're able to blend 'fun, affordable and also respectable'  together. in many of their vehicles (I don't have a honda btw) and heck who doesn't think the new civic is not wayy too cool. 

anyway.... sometimes i just wonder if this is what happens with any passion or hobby, esp audiophilia. I want to be happy with 80-85% of superb sound without breaking the bank, or going down the "there is always something better or new coming out "$$$ sinkhole. Ideally I'd only like to upgrade every few yrs, but being a regular on here can do crazy things to you, so good luck to that notion, lol. Anyone else feel similar?

in short, here's hoping the flc 8s can do me well enough as a 'fun, respectable and affordable' iem to keep me from having to consider the $1k club.

we are on the same boat which is why I traded my flc8s away to make space for incoming iems 
beerchug.gif

Jul 6, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #4,360 of 7,931

Thanks.

How to draw an comparison. I remember reading about one car reviewer who had had, at one time or another in his 20 yr plus pro career of reviewing cars, all the big cars, the 'serious cars, the real cars' in his garage: the Jags, acuras, infinitis, Mercedes Ferraris, Lambos, audis, Bentleys, etc. you name it...over 20 yrs in the business reviewing cars. He mentioned this because the car he was reviewing at that time was a Honda Civic, and he said he had more fun driving that car around the city and on the highway than any other of those other $$$ big serious cars, the 'real cars'.  And that is what many of us love about Honda: they're able to blend 'fun, affordable and also respectable'  together. in many of their vehicles (I don't have a honda btw) and heck who doesn't think the new civic is not wayy too cool. 

anyway.... sometimes i just wonder if this is what happens with any passion or hobby, esp audiophilia. I want to be happy with 80-85% of superb sound without breaking the bank, or going down the "there is always something better or new coming out "$$$ sinkhole. Ideally I'd only like to upgrade every few yrs, but being a regular on here can do crazy things to you, so good luck to that notion, lol. Anyone else feel similar?

This definitely happens.  It can happen in any hobby, but audio is notorious as is watch collecting.  And diminishing returns kicks in in a big way.  A 1% improvement costs you lots of money.  Often times it isn't even an improvement, just different.  By the way I think you're closer than 80-85% of the  way to "absolute sound" with the FLC8S. I would say 90-95%.  And you by definition will never reach 100%.  So how much are you willing to pay for each 1% increment?  For me, I can't see any further upgrades.  Once my echobox player comes, I'm standing pat.

Jul 6, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #4,362 of 7,931
Enjoy what you have until the next "big" thing comes. I don't think there is a must upgrade IEMs to FLC8s yet with similar price.
with similar price, its very hard to get an upgrade over flc8s.

Jul 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #4,365 of 7,931
Woot woot!

Just bought my set of FLC8S locally from a fellow head-fier. I really enjoy what I hear!!

Like the accessories and box etc. all very well thought through.

but:
- the metal carry - tin is too heavy
- that cable is microphonic like crazy - it's hands down the most annoying and "loud" cable I have ever experienced 

But other than that - I am in love with their sound - listening from my HM901 and loving it. Have a balanced Silver Dragon cable coming in from another fellow head-fier and then it shall be complete.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back