FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jun 27, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #4,321 of 7,931

Not sure why you wiped your post. 

Learning audio just takes time. It took me a few years to pick up on what I like and hate. Until then just try everything you can. Just remember that nobody can tell you something is good if you think its crap. Your opinion is all that matters in the end. 

The FLC8S' will teach you most of what you need to know about the type of sound sigs available. Basically it'll cover 90% of the IEM's on the market's sound sig for the most part. 

Oh and I'm far from considering myself a seasoned poster.. Unless you mean my age then maybe. I'm only 34 though so maybe? My knowledge of gear is not small but it's not large either. 

Feel free to PM me though or anything if you have any questions. 

Jun 28, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #4,322 of 7,931
Hi,
i have FLC8sand im using gray tips, are the only ones I liked
But my Headphones slip out of my ears, thare is a ointment that causes the tips to be more sticky to my ear

Sorry for my bad english

Jun 28, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #4,323 of 7,931
Hi,
i have FLC8sand im using gray tips, are the only ones I liked
But my Headphones slip out of my ears, thare is a ointment that causes the tips to be more sticky to my ear

Sorry for my bad english
ointment?

Jun 28, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #4,324 of 7,931
There are some lubricants that you can apply to the tips, they are ones that are made for hearing aids and they assist with sealing. I wouldn't recommend that approach though. It sounds like you may not be using the best size tip, try experimenting with some others. Foam tips are often easier to get a good seal,Crystal tips available from lendmeurears.com work very well.

Jun 28, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #4,326 of 7,931
^
There's plenty of tip recommendations in this thread. Personally I really like MEE Audio's double flanged tips and the JVC Spiral Dots. I find the LMUE Crystal tips don't want to stay in my ear canal, same with stock. Comply fit well but are a hassle to put in and remove if constantly interrupted at work or wherever attention is required.

Jun 28, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #4,327 of 7,931
I have the cristal tip from lendmeurears, but i do no like them.

I tryed all size

Try some wide-bore silicon tips (just generic ones from other IEMs you have might work) that are in between the stock tip sizes. I think that if you like the stock silicon tips and they slip out, it's because the size is off. 

Jun 30, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #4,329 of 7,931
Just asking, since I don't have enough time to backread, what is the exact size of FLC8s' 2 pins? Is it 0.74mm? I'm planning to use Eidolic pins. Thanks.

the manual says 0.75mm but i tried on mine last time, hard time to fit it in.
0.74mm is highly recommended.
cheers

Jul 2, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #4,332 of 7,931
Still reading up on these iems.

interesting review of flc 8s...think its by lachlan...compares the flc 8s to noble 10 on page 2...he feels they're 85% there, best iem under $1k
http://passionforsound.lachlanfennen.com/flc-technology-flc8-iem

Jul 3, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #4,334 of 7,931
hi again.

3 things:

1/just ordered a pair....also alongside the trinity delta v2 so colour me nuts.
...will be interesting to see how they compare against one another.
and also alongside my older but still very respectable sony 7550 studio monitors.

2/problem is i don't know how to critically assess something as well as many others on here.
so feel free to shoot me any links.

at least what i'm listening to them on is ok: 
dragonfly red
chord mojo (picking up this week)
ifi micro idsd

and, hey, if i don't like 'em i can always sell 'em.
but like the chord mojo, sometimes you just have to 'get it out of your system'
to see what the buzz is about, on some things.

3/ what other tips work with these for a great seal
..spinfit?  other?  just want alternatives.

i've ordered some JVC spiral dots for my sony 7550s ...wonder if they'll work.

i have a problem with a good seal...my right canal is a bit 'weird'

thanks for any feedback.

the new campfire andromeda and upcoming trinity master series also look interesting.
but that is down the road.

Jul 3, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #4,335 of 7,931
  hi again.

3 things:

1/just ordered a pair....also alongside the trinity delta v2 so colour me nuts.
...will be interesting to see how they compare against one another.
and also alongside my older but still very respectable sony 7550 studio monitors.

2/problem is i don't know how to critically assess something as well as many others on here.
so feel free to shoot me any links.

Basic thoughts here : http://www.head-fi.org/f/7898/brooko

The things you need to do:
  1. You must volume match when making comparisons - otherwise any output is skewed
  2. Use same source, same material
  3. Vary between fast A/B and longer sessions
  4. Use music you know very well - and try to use specific tracks with specific strengths - eg areas like sub-bass, mid-bass, mid-rnage transition, detail and extension, sound-stage and imaging etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back