FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 3, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #4,336 of 7,931
Thanks...well i do love my Rush...all sorts of spectrum well presented with that fab band.

Question.
Say im using the df red in testing...but upon switching from one iem to another to test the same track i notice the volume is lower... or higher...is there some software you'd use/suggest to ensure the volume is the same?

Jul 3, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #4,337 of 7,931
Thanks...well i do love my Rush...all sorts of spectrum well presented with that fab band.

Question.
Say im using the df red in testing...but upon switching from one iem to another to test the same track i notice the volume is lower... or higher...is there some software you'd use/suggest to ensure the volume is the same?

You volume match before you listen.  I usually use a test tone (1kHz) and an SPL meter.

Jul 3, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #4,339 of 7,931
At a pinch you can use a dB meter app and a smartphone.  Won't be as reliable, but should be better than most people's "I measure by ear".

Jul 5, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #4,341 of 7,931
Still reading up on these iems.

interesting review of flc 8s...think its by lachlan...compares the flc 8s to noble 10 on page 2...he feels they're 85% there, best iem under $1k
http://passionforsound.lachlanfennen.com/flc-technology-flc8-iem

I am considering selling my FIIO X 3 gen 2 as partial payment on these. Quite a special unit.

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #4,344 of 7,931
thats great flc8s sound awesome with any sources!

A new FLC8s owner as of 1h ago and I can agree that they sound great out of the box against my X3ii.

Unfortunately there seems to be an electrical squealing when paired with my Mojo and I will have to take the Mojo back to teh dealer before I can really assess the overal quality.

So far, even with standard filter config, they are a great upgrade from UE900 especially in the low end which is lacking impact on the UE900.

Still early days but I am really happy with the purchase and especially with the service from LMUE which delivered in less than 48 hours (which with Australia post is the normal for 'next day' delivery)

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #4,345 of 7,931
  A new FLC8s owner as of 1h ago and I can agree that they sound great out of the box against my X3ii.

Unfortunately there seems to be an electrical squealing when paired with my Mojo and I will have to take the Mojo back to teh dealer before I can really assess the overal quality.

So far, even with standard filter config, they are a great upgrade from UE900 especially in the low end which is lacking impact on the UE900.

Still early days but I am really happy with the purchase and especially with the service from LMUE which delivered in less than 48 hours (which with Australia post is the normal for 'next day' delivery)

Make sure you give them a lot of time with various tunings. You might really like a particular tuning, but another tuning may even be more favorable, you just have to give them a try. Eventually, you will find the sweet spot. Red gray gold with mojo is just magical...

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #4,346 of 7,931

red grey gold is a good combo. Yes lmue service is excellent

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #4,347 of 7,931
I go back and forth between red-grey-gold and red-grey-gunmetal. By th way, I'm driving these straight from my iPod touch 4th gen. So my question is, how much am I missing out on sound quality considering the better DAPs out there. I mean would getting a better portable player really make a big difference?

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #4,348 of 7,931
I go back and forth between red-grey-gold and red-grey-gunmetal. By th way, I'm driving these straight from my iPod touch 4th gen. So my question is, how much am I missing out on sound quality considering the better DAPs out there. I mean would getting a better portable player really make a big difference?

yes it scales up

Jul 6, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #4,349 of 7,931
I have been looking through the accessories that came with the FLC8s today and there is a bag containing extra filters, this is in addition to the alu pill box that the normal filters come in.

I dont know if this is a new addition in response to people loosing the filters, but I now have 3 (individual not pair) red/clear/grey ultra low filters, 3 black/clear/grey low filters but there are no spares for the blue/black/gun/green high filters.

Jul 6, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #4,350 of 7,931
I have been looking through the accessories that came with the FLC8s today and there is a bag containing extra filters, this is in addition to the alu pill box that the normal filters come in.

I dont know if this is a new addition in response to people loosing the filters, but I now have 3 (individual not pair) red/clear/grey ultra low filters, 3 black/clear/grey low filters but there are no spares for the blue/black/gun/green high filters.
there are no spare for the nozzle filters bc it is so big to lose it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back