FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 18, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #3,212 of 7,931
  Some pics from my scrapped FLC8S review. Figured I might as well post them.

​

​

Scrapped? 
confused_face.gif

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #3,213 of 7,931
Has anyone compared these FLC8's to any of the following: ATH IM03, Dunu dn2000j, Fidue a83?

I posted in the help section and those are the recommendations people came up with in the 300-400 range.

Sources will be:
Ibasso DX90
Ibasso D6 (USB DAC/Amp)
Soundblaster Zx
or
Galaxy S7 Edge

Apr 18, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #3,214 of 7,931
  Has anyone compared these [FLC8s] to any of the following: ATH IM03, Dunu [DN-2000J], Fidue [A]83?

I posted in the help section and those are the recommendations people came up with in the 300-400 range.

Sources will be:
Ibasso DX90
Ibasso D6 (USB DAC/Amp)
Soundblaster Zx
or
Galaxy S7 Edge

I did in my review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/flc-technology-flc-8s/reviews/15623 (scroll down to near the end of the text, right before the conclusion).

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #3,216 of 7,931
  Scrapped? 
confused_face.gif

Yuppers. Wrote it and decided not to post. Ten days just wasn't anywhere near enough time with them, and I personally don't think I have the experience with iems at this level to properly review them. Still, it was a great experience and a product I was thrilled to have the chance to listen to.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #3,217 of 7,931
Yuppers. Wrote it and decided not to post. Ten days just wasn't anywhere near enough time with them, and I personally don't think I have the experience with iems at this level to properly review them. Still, it was a great experience and a product I was thrilled to have the chance to listen to.
Pity, I trust it might have been a home-pager review if you had more time.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #3,218 of 7,931
Honestly I still cant get over the fact that the mids of FLC8S is one of the best atm

Apr 20, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #3,219 of 7,931
Honestly I still cant get over the fact that the mids of FLC8S is one of the best atm

Wish i could compare them with my CKR-9s which also have delicious mids.

Apr 20, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #3,220 of 7,931
Wish i could compare them with my CKR-9s which also have delicious mids.
having heard the ckr9 b4, sadly to say, flc8s has the more superior mids.I rmb how one member compares the mids of UERM to FLC8S as FLC8S being the winner.
Cheers

Apr 20, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #3,222 of 7,931
  IIRC, the mids of FLC are more airy than CKR lineup (I'm referring 9 and 10)

In my honest opinion the FLC8s was built on the mid-centric platform, all other frequency ranges are filtered to enhance that mid in some fashion. I also feel music lives in the mid section which has always fascinated me about the old two way speaker where your mids were a combination of what was designed into the tweeter and woofer (and of course the X-Over) to give that image of a mid-range in the middle. To me that alone was some tricky engineering
biggrin.gif
So I have an opinion as well as everyone does there kinda like everyone has an ^$$#0!@, With such a subjective hobby everyone can be right and everyone can be wrong, I feel after 3 weeks of listening the FLC8s can hang with a lot of the big boys at easily 2 or 3 times their price. And that's how I feel about them
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 20, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #3,223 of 7,931
In my honest opinion the FLC8s was built on the mid-centric platform, all other frequency ranges are filtered to enhance that mid in some fashion. I also feel music lives in the mid section which has always fascinated me about the old two way speaker where your mids were a combi8nation of what was designed into the tweeter and woofer to give that image of a mid-range in the middle. To me that alone was some tricky engineering:D So I have an opinion as well as everyone does there kinda like everyone has an ^$$#0!@, With such a subjective hobby everyone can be right and everyone can be wrong, I feel after 3 weeks of listening the FLC8s can hang with a lot of the big boys at easily 2 or 3 times their price. And that's how I feel about them:wink_face:

:beerchug:
definitely! no disrespect to the se846 but the flc8s is in a different league :p

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #3,224 of 7,931
having heard the ckr9 b4, sadly to say, flc8s has the more superior mids.I rmb how one member compares the mids of UERM to FLC8S as FLC8S being the winner.
Cheers

Thats actually good news. I mean , whats the point of getting the FLC8s if its inferior to my CKR-9s right?
  IIRC, the mids of FLC are more airy than CKR lineup (I'm referring 9 and 10)

The airier and more detailed , the better.

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #3,225 of 7,931
Thats actually good news. I mean , whats the point of getting the FLC8s if its inferior to my CKR-9s right?
The airier and more detailed , the better.
so i assume flc8s is your to buy iem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back