FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 7, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #3,016 of 7,931
  Wow that was fast, thanks for all your answers. Seems like I'll order a pair of FLC8s soon 
beyersmile.png

But while we're at it, which size of Comply tips would I need for them ? I'd guess the 500 series ?

400 is the correct Comply size.  I recommend the Crystal foam tips that Lend Me UR Ears also sells over the Comply.  The medium bore version is the correct size.  More comfortable and better sound than Comply.

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #3,018 of 7,931
  Well, I think it'd already help me quite a bit if you could tell me how wide the nozzle on the FLC8s is compared to the Deltas.

Well CC based on what you describe on the Delta the FLC 8's are not for you as they are actually larger than the Delta nozzles, I don't have a caliper or anything to take a measurement for you but I did take this photo this morning for you. Sorry
redface.gif

As Den said in Heavy Metal when looking down into his pants "Um Big"
blink.gif

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #3,020 of 7,931
FLC8S with Cowon Plenue 1 shows how well this IEM scales with a (much) better source. Dynamics, micro-detail, refinement. As my initial impressions even with the FiiO X3, this is real high-fidelity stuff. The silver cable also helps improving dynamic range and fidelity.

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #3,021 of 7,931
  FLC8S with Cowon Plenue 1 shows how well this IEM scales with a (much) better source. Dynamics, micro-detail, refinement. As my initial impressions even with the FiiO X3, this is real high-fidelity stuff. The silver cable also helps improving dynamic range and fidelity.

That's exactly my toughts of pairing FLC's with Opus#1 through my silver wire
beerchug.gif

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #3,022 of 7,931
That's exactly my toughts of pairing FLC's with Opus#1 through my silver wire:beerchug: .

I concur and that is the way mine are with X3ii, Cayin N5 and PAW5000:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #3,024 of 7,931
Does anyone know whether spinfit tips will fit these and/or how they compare to the Audio Technica ATH-CKR10?

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #3,028 of 7,931
I've got a new favourite setup now with Red->Clear->Green filter. I'm also using the Crystal silver cable. Might also mention that I have found my favourite tips now. It's the Comply foam-tips Comfort 400.

It's good bass-extension and very clear mids, and extended clear highs. Absolutely no extra sibilance that I can notice. Also with these tips they're very comfortable for long periods. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #3,029 of 7,931
  I've got a new favourite setup now with Red->Clear->Green filter. I'm also using the Crystal silver cable. Might also mention that I have found my favourite tips now. It's the Comply foam-tips Comfort 400.

It's good bass-extension and very clear mids, and extended clear higs. Absolutely no extra sibilance that I ca notice. also with these tips they're very comfortable for long periods. 

My favourite tips now are JVC Spiral Dots. More comfort and not degrading soung. Thinking about custom tips to get best isolation possible.

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #3,030 of 7,931
FLC8S is a fairly wide nozzle, mostly typical of today's IEM's. Foam tips,like Crystal, make it much more comfortable and enjoyable for almost any listening session. If you still have problems or concetns, RHA T20 has a smaller nozzle, but again foam tips will help with them. Either way I think you need soft foam tips such as the Crystal, and the FLC is ultimately more capable the the T20 although both are exceptional in sound quality and value.

Heyyy, you do own both the RHA T20s and the FLC8s right?

I recently compared the T20s (treble filter) to my CKR-9s and find them about the same in treble but the treble of the CKR-9s are slightly clearer and airier . The T20s are more sibilant though. The CKR-9s is more intimate and has a smaller soundstage but not by much. The bass of the CKR-9s is tighter , deeper and has more rumble.
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

A comparison of the T20 and the FLC8s would be very appreciated !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back