FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 6, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #3,001 of 7,931
Best I can do is post up some pictures of all 3 of them tomorrow. I'd do just a little more research. Now if you do get them and they hurt you IMHO have any trouble re-selling them:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 6, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #3,003 of 7,931
Well, I think it'd already help me quite a bit if you could tell me how wide the nozzle on the FLC8s is compared to the Deltas.

FLC8S is a fairly wide nozzle, mostly typical of today's IEM's. Foam tips,like Crystal, make it much more comfortable and enjoyable for almost any listening session. If you still have problems or concetns, RHA T20 has a smaller nozzle, but again foam tips will help with them. Either way I think you need soft foam tips such as the Crystal, and the FLC is ultimately more capable the the T20 although both are exceptional in sound quality and value.

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #3,004 of 7,931

H20, from other stuff you've said on other threads, I think you and I may have similar tastes/preferences... You might want to give a try to the the red/nothing/nothing combo on the FLC8. Before trying this, I did like the FLC8, but wasn't "enchanted". With it, I really like them a lot (and my previous preferred IEM was the A83). I'm currently coupling the FLC8 with the QP1R (which I don't think you have, though?). Really lovely combo (IMHO, YMMV, etc etc).

How would you compare the FLC8 to the A83? I've had fit problems with the A83 no matter which tips I used and am not using them very much. So naturally I'm interested in the FLC8. I searched this thread but I couldn't find too many good comparisons.

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #3,005 of 7,931
  hi, I'm so close to ordering these but I have one question to people who own/ed the FLC8s and the Trinity Delta. The Deltas simply are too big for my ears, I can fit them in but after about 20 minutes it starts to hurt real bad. So is the part that actually goes into your ear canal smaller here or would I have trouble fitting the FLC8s in ?

The Delta is a cylindrical type housing which is the same diameter all the way through. The FLC8S is over the ear type which is usually more comfortable to wear, but this really depends on your anatomy. I had the same issue with the Delta because my ear canals are really small, I don't normally have this issue with over the ear type IEMs unless they have sharp edges or are on the larger side. The FLC8S is one of the smaller over the ear designs.

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #3,006 of 7,931

How would you compare the FLC8 to the A83? I've had fit problems with the A83 no matter which tips I used and am not using them very much. So naturally I'm interested in the FLC8. I searched this thread but I couldn't find too many good comparisons.

Hope this helps.

I find the flat inner walled FLC8S design to be a little bit more comfortable and stable. However, with the correct tips the A83 to be pretty good.

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #3,007 of 7,931
  hi, I'm so close to ordering these but I have one question to people who own/ed the FLC8s and the Trinity Delta. The Deltas simply are too big for my ears, I can fit them in but after about 20 minutes it starts to hurt real bad. So is the part that actually goes into your ear canal smaller here or would I have trouble fitting the FLC8s in ?

Yea. I feel the same with delta as well. I don't get sore but it feels uncomfortable If i am using for prolonged time.. Yes the FLC fits well in my case.

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #3,008 of 7,931
  Yea. I feel the same with delta as well. I don't get sore but it feels uncomfortable If i am using for prolonged time.. Yes the FLC fits well in my case.

flc8s is ergonomic.
Cheers

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #3,009 of 7,931
Wow that was fast, thanks for all your answers. Seems like I'll order a pair of FLC8s soon 
beyersmile.png

But while we're at it, which size of Comply tips would I need for them ? I'd guess the 500 series ?

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #3,014 of 7,931

Comfort-wise, I have the same problem as you with the A83, can't really use them for prolonged sessions (say, more than 1 hour or so), while I don't have that problem with FLC8. Sound-wise, for a long time I preferred the A83, as they had a sound signature which was more "fun" for me. The beauty of the FLC8, however, is that you can finetune its signature quite a bit. Once I stumbled upon my current configuration (red-nothing-nothing, which was pointed out to me by somebody in this thread - I hadn't thought about experimenting with "nothing", lol), and especially paired with the Questyle QP1R, they've become my go-to combo, surpassing the A83 in my preferences.

Hope that helps, at least somewhat:wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back