FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 9, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #2,582 of 7,931
Does anyone else keep hearing popping sound of some sort when you press the flc8s in your ear to get a good fit? It seems like the dynamic driver is contracting and expanding due to sudden pressure difference or something. Only happens a lot with red ULF, less and less with gray, clear. Is this normal to happen or do I need to be careful?@Flcforrestwei

Another friend just asked the same question by PM, below is my response:

It's a very common phenomemon in the earphone with a diaphragm speaker, the sound is from the speaker diaphragm, when you insert the earphone to your ear, air pressure push the diaphragm to move and it make a sound, when you open your mouth, the ear channel changed, than air pressure in you ear channel changed, it drive the diaphragm to make a noise. 

The red filter makes it worse just because it doesn't have small hole to leak the pressure  (if you check the filter carefully, you'll notice the clear filter has a big hole, the gray filter has a small hole, the red filter hasn't hole).

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #2,583 of 7,931
  Another friend just asked the same question by PM, below is my response:

It's a very common phenomemon in the earphone with a diaphragm speaker, the sound is from the speaker diaphragm, when you insert the earphone to your ear, air pressure push the diaphragm to move and it make a sound, when you open your mouth, the ear channel changed, than air pressure in you ear channel changed, it drive the diaphragm to make a noise. 

The red filter makes it worse just because it doesn't have small hole to leak the pressure  (if you check the filter carefully, you'll notice the clear filter has a big hole, the gray filter has a small hole, the red filter hasn't hole).

Thanks for the response. I can rest in peace now. These are phenomenal IEMs that you've developed, learning to appreciate these more and more.

Mar 9, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #2,584 of 7,931
Im looking to pick up a pair of these soon. Does anyone know if Noble Audio cables will fit (standard 2pin).i really hope so because i just ordered a Noble BTS and have Sony zx100. I love bluetooth while in gym, but hard to get quality at same time.

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #2,585 of 7,931
I hear sibilance with the FLC8s. It's more apparent on some songs. I like the FLC8s a lot for it's high end detail but I realize I've been sort of unconsciously "saving" my FLC8s and using another go to earphone for its smoothness, even though I miss some of the treble sparkle up high. Over time you get used to a more laid back "unoffensive" sound signature. It's like i have to force myself to listen to the FLC8s, and when I put them on I'm immediately impressed and wonder why I'm not wearing them more, but normally, at the crucial time to pick an earphone I usually find a reason to go with the other earphone. I will force myself to wear the FLC8s for the next few days and see if they wear on me.

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #2,586 of 7,931
I hear sibilance with the FLC8s. It's more apparent on some songs. I like the FLC8s a lot for it's high end detail but I realize I've been sort of unconsciously "saving" my FLC8s and using another go to earphone for its smoothness, even though I miss some of the treble sparkle up high. Over time you get used to a more laid back "unoffensive" sound signature. It's like i have to force myself to listen to the FLC8s, and when I put them on I'm immediately impressed and wonder why I'm not wearing them more, but normally, at the crucial time to pick an earphone I usually find a reason to go with the other earphone. I will force myself to wear the FLC8s for the next few days and see if they wear on me.

Do you try with mojo?
Just realise how does the sq from mojo.

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #2,587 of 7,931
Changed tips to spinfits (not promoting it in any way, just my impressions)

Initial impressions with red-grey-gold:

Highs - sibilance is gone, much much more amenable to my ears (this is the biggest plus for me)

Mids - can't really tell a difference

Bass - more in your face and greater "thump", probably due to a deeper insertion

Comfort - can't assess atm, will need to listen for a couple hours first

With the stock tips, the sound felt more enclosed but yet I felt like I was sitting further away from the singer. With the spinfits, it feels much more "in your head" and as though I'm in the same room as the singer. Again, I think this may be due to a deeper and better insertion. 

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #2,588 of 7,931

Highs - sibilance is gone, much much more amenable to my ears (this is the biggest plus for me)

Bass - more in your face and greater "thump", probably due to a deeper insertion

With the stock tips, the sound felt more enclosed but yet I felt like I was sitting further away from the singer. With the spinfits, it feels much more "in your head" and as though I'm in the same room as the singer. Again, I think this may be due to a deeper and better insertion. 

Definitely sounds like a better fit, what you describe is what I get with the stock tips (in fact they're the best tips in general for me that I've tried so far, although I'll get spinfits, spiral dots, and sony foam hybrids too when I get around to it haha)

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #2,589 of 7,931

Definitely sounds like a better fit, what you describe is what I get with the stock tips (in fact they're the best tips in general for me that I've tried so far, although I'll get spinfits, spiral dots, and sony foam hybrids too when I get around to it haha)

Haha good for you mate. Any idea why sibilance might be gone with a better fit? 

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #2,590 of 7,931
   Haha good for you mate. Any idea why sibilance might be gone with a better fit? 

I think its partly related to resonance in your ear cavity. And perhaps also if the fit is poor enough to let bass escape the highs are more prominent. Bound to be a few others here who can give a more comprehensive answer, but when it comes down to it stuff like this is why theres so many kinds of tips. 

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #2,591 of 7,931

Which version of the spinfits fit the flc8s? considering buying some

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #2,593 of 7,931

I think its partly related to resonance in your ear cavity. And perhaps also if the fit is poor enough to let bass escape the highs are more prominent. Bound to be a few others here who can give a more comprehensive answer, but when it comes down to it stuff like this is why theres so many kinds of tips. 

Makes sense. Either way I'm glad. Definitely keeping the FLC8s now 
beyersmile.png

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #2,594 of 7,931
Large bore. I use the M size, which is similar to the stock tip's second smallest size, if that helps.

Those are the CP100 right? where did you buy yours from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back