:flag_gb: CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015!
May 21, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #226 of 838
Just a thought about the issues with proper gear auditioning and general noise levels at these events, as this is a 'canjam' and not a small meet, might it be possible to have a few Portable Isolation Booths for some stands?

They don't need to be the large studio versions, as you can get some smaller deconstructable versions that are for personal recording use.

Am thinking of getting one for my house actually, to get rid of London's background noise, so all I get is music.

May 21, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #227 of 838
I was amazed to see HeadAmp will be there. 
Now still Eddie Current and Lawton Audio for a perfect show!  
gs1000.gif

May 21, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #229 of 838

Why's that? You already ordered the GS-X Mk2 :p

BHSE?  
biggrin.gif

Any news on yours yet?
We sure need to remind him to use FedEx or we can still wait for months for our amps.

I just received my Zana Deuz Super by the way, with FedEx as well, only took a week.
Phenomenal amp, just like I remembered it.

May 21, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #230 of 838

BHSE?  
biggrin.gif

Oh dear. Good luck with that!

Any news on yours yet?
We sure need to remind him to use FedEx or we can still wait for months for our amps.

No news yet. But I'm a patient guy. I'll simply wait while listening to my Lau :) I believe Justin said end March / early April he would ship in "2 weeks", but I knew that was too good to be true. I don't expect it before July. I'm out of the country till July anyways, so I couldn't care less.

I just received my Zana Deuz Super by the way, with FedEx as well, only took a week.
Phenomenal amp, just like I remembered it.

Yes. FedEx is the way to go. My Totaldac arrived from France within 2 days.

May 21, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #232 of 838

Oh dear. Good luck with that!

No news yet. But I'm a patient guy. I'll simply wait while listening to my Lau :) I believe Justin said end March / early April he would ship in "2 weeks", but I knew that was too good to be true. I don't expect it before July. I'm out of the country till July anyways, so I couldn't care less.

Yes. FedEx is the way to go. My Totaldac arrived from France within 2 days.

Will you go to CJ by the way?

May 21, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #236 of 838

If I can find affordable accomodations with easy access to public transportation to CanJam, I might end up going after all.

I simply booked in the CJ hotel. Was more expensive but I don't travel that much and heaving a chance to hear all these goodies was worth it to me.
If you decide to go gimme a yell!  :)

May 21, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #237 of 838

I simply booked in the CJ hotel. Was more expensive but I don't travel that much and heaving a chance to hear all these goodies was worth it to me.
If you decide to go gimme a yell!  :)

I'm pretty much the opposite. I travel too much :) But if the company I work for, ain't paying, I am a bit more budget-aware now that I am in the process of building a new house. I have settled with the gear I have now (or waiting for), so the need to hear stuff at meets is pretty much gone. Except for the head-fi meet in Denver, cause you know...the company is paying. Well actually for other stuff, but while I am there, I might as well enjoy it :)

May 22, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #238 of 838
Hi,

It is a holiday weekend for the UK this is why travel on the underground could be a problem (they normally shut some of it down for maintenance) as well as hotels being expensive. We in the UK use these website that might help.

http://www.lastminute.com
http://www.booking.com

If i can help please drop me a message and i will see what i can do.

Mark

May 23, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #239 of 838
Hi guys, I just wanted to point out that - for both CanJam@RMAF and CanJam SoCal - I've seen people make arrangements to share accommodations (with separate beds of course) in order to save on travel expenses.  In fact, I've seen perfect strangers become temporary roommates... only to become very good friends long after the event(s).  Just thought I'd throw the idea out there if it hasn't already been considered.  
smile.gif

May 23, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #240 of 838
Was at the meetup two years ago and if this is as good or even better the trip will definitely be worth it.

I'll try to make it, flying in from Norway. There are also people talking about traveling to the UK in a Norwegian forum, so maybe we will be more this time.

EDIT:

Just booked return flight from Norway = £60
3 nights in hotel, single room incl. breakfast = £140

so, £200 for a 3 day stay in London. Not bad. The train from/to Gatwick is almost as expensive as the flight...

EDIT2:)

Will it be possible to buy stuff at this years show?
I really hope so, as much of the stuff is not available in my home country (Norway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back