:flag_gb: CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015!
May 12, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #196 of 838
:devil_face: So damn hard to resist buying until CanJam!
Wisdom tells me to wait until August and buy only after auditioning myself and comparing from my own actual experience Other part says order now so I'll have a good base reference to compare during Canjam.:confused:
My shopping list: ciem (priority), dap (2nd), one dac for the Cavalli LC (optional/depending on money left + gotta be budget)

May 12, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #198 of 838
:devil_face: So damn hard to resist buying until CanJam!
Wisdom tells me to wait until August and buy only after auditioning myself and comparing from my own actual experience Other part says order now so I'll have a good base reference to compare during Canjam.:confused:
My shopping list: ciem (priority), dap (2nd), one dac for the Cavalli LC (optional/depending on money left + gotta be budget)

IMHO. I would find a dealer to audition CIEM's. A meet isn't going to be a good environment to deal with issues of fit etc.
A dealer will have universal versions to try.
I believe Noble are going to be there which would be a flying start.
I still think that a dealer is key.

May 12, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #199 of 838
IMHO. I would find a dealer to audition CIEM's. A meet isn't going to be a good environment to deal with issues of fit etc.
A dealer will have universal versions to try.
I believe Noble are going to be there which would be a flying start.
I still think that a dealer is key.
Agreed.
I ought to email Gisele Flower at Aid2Hearing to see if I can demo stuff aside from Noble.
Sadly my best hope was CustomCIEMCo, as they're dealing most of the ciem brands, but got a reply today saying they didn't yet have the demo versions of the Adel12/Layla/Angie/Encore.
I sincerely doubt myself being able to coherently compare each by separated auditions in order to make the right choice.

May 12, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #200 of 838
I find auditioning stuff really difficult. A brief listen high on expectation bias is usually how it goes!

May 12, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #201 of 838
I find auditioning stuff really difficult. A brief listen high on expectation bias is usually how it goes!

Agreed, there's no substitute for an extended home demo. Meets/events are at least good for helping draw up a shortlist...but mostly (imo) they're just for having a bit of fun with like-minded geeks (and seeing all the shiny new toys) 
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #203 of 838
Agreed.
I ought to email Gisele Flower at Aid2Hearing to see if I can demo stuff aside from Noble.
Sadly my best hope was CustomCIEMCo, as they're dealing most of the ciem brands, but got a reply today saying they didn't yet have the demo versions of the Adel12/Layla/Angie/Encore.
I sincerely doubt myself being able to coherently compare each by separated auditions in order to make the right choice.

We are not looking to get layla out for demo just yet but encore will be available soon along with angie.

Regards

May 15, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #204 of 838
Hi guys, my first post on the forum after several years of lurking and learning. I had hoped to go to the Bar Hill meet a couple of weeks back as I live nearby in Cambridge, really looking forward to it but staff sickness (I work weekends) forced me into a day shift thus missing out. I'm not missing this one, I've just booked annual leave for the weekend in question and bought my ticket!

May 15, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #205 of 838
really looking forward to a great Head-Fi weekend in London, 30 min train ride away for me, so cannot miss out on this CanJam :)

does anyone know how many different manufacturers are going to be demo'ing their wares ??

May 16, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #206 of 838

Agreed, there's no substitute for an extended home demo. Meets/events are at least good for helping draw up a shortlist...but mostly (imo) they're just for having a bit of fun with like-minded geeks (and seeing all the shiny new toys) 
biggrin.gif

The people at the Cambridge meet were so welcoming and awesome. The gear was great, the fellowship was even better! I got to listen to STAX SR900s, HD800s, Audeze EL8s, Audeze XC (my favourite headphone of the meet, out of an AK240), HE-6 (HE-6 was epic) and HE-560, the Audioquest Nighthawk, Oppo PM3 (top of my list to buy next year when in the USA), almost all of the Audeze range except the LCD3, ATH 1000 ear speakers (rare bird but not my pidgeon), Beyerdynamic T1, and some fantastic amplifiers. That is to say, the gear will be epic, but the people can be even more epic. Listening sessions in room 17 at the Travelodge were the highlight of the trip for me (thanks Pedalhead, takeanidea, and Progenitor). I'm really looking forward to similar great experiences.

I'm a little bummed I won't have a new toy for the next meet, as it sounds like I won't be getting my Geek Pulse Xfi till Christmas after the latest production updates. 
triportsad.gif
 I might have a balanced cable for my HD600s though, so balanced amps may be in for listening. That would be good fun. 
o2smile.gif

May 17, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #207 of 838
Just came back from a fantastic visit to London and the Munich High End Show. Needless to say, this is going to be an AMAZING year for personal audio!

Here is the first group of Exhibitors for CanJam London 2015, with MANY more to come in the next few weeks:

Astell&Kern
Audeze
Beyerdynamic
Chord Electronics
Custom Cable
HeadAmp Audio Electronics
Hifiman
Highend Workshop
Noble Audio
Oppo Digital
Pendulumic
Questyle Audio
RHA
V-Moda
Westone

May 17, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #208 of 838

biggrin.gif

The people at the Cambridge meet were so welcoming and awesome. The gear was great, the fellowship was even better! I got to listen to STAX SR900s, HD800s, Audeze EL8s, Audeze XC (my favourite headphone of the meet, out of an AK240), HE-6 (HE-6 was epic) and HE-560, the Audioquest Nighthawk, Oppo PM3 (top of my list to buy next year when in the USA), almost all of the Audeze range except the LCD3, ATH 1000 ear speakers (rare bird but not my pidgeon), Beyerdynamic T1, and some fantastic amplifiers. That is to say, the gear will be epic, but the people can be even more epic. Listening sessions in room 17 at the Travelodge were the highlight of the trip for me (thanks Pedalhead, takeanidea, and Progenitor). I'm really looking forward to similar great experiences.

I'm a little bummed I won't have a new toy for the next meet, as it sounds like I won't be getting my Geek Pulse Xfi till Christmas after the latest production updates. 
triportsad.gif
 I might have a balanced cable for my HD600s though, so balanced amps may be in for listening. That would be good fun. 
o2smile.gif

Well said, buddy. Looking forward to catching up with you in August 
beerchug.gif

Just came back from a fantastic visit to London and the Munich High End Show. Needless to say, this is going to be an AMAZING year for personal audio!

Here is the first group of Exhibitors for CanJam London 2015, with MANY more to come in the next few weeks:

Astell&Kern
Audeze
Beyerdynamic
Chord Electronics
Custom Cable
HeadAmp Audio Electronics
Hifiman
Highend Workshop
Noble Audio
Oppo Digital
Pendulumic
Questyle Audio
RHA
V-Moda
Westone

Thanks for the update.  Already ticking some of my most wanted boxes...Headamp, Electromod, HiFiMAN. Really really hoping @runeight can make the trip (preferably with a LAu).   Would also be great to have that new TOTL Pioneer headphone that's receiving some good early press. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back