Fixed my cans! WRONG!
Aug 8, 2011 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

LmnLm3

New Head-Fier
Just soldered for the first time in my life! And inhaled a new substance! (that may have mostly been the plastic insulation on the wires...)

My AKG K240s (austrian made, at least....) had the female mini-xlr jack come out of the phones themselves, and after MONTHS and months and months, I decided, screw it, I'm fixing these craps.

So I did.

Now the stereo is reversed.

Can I correct this in Windows 7/OSX? I use them with computer only... I'd rather not have to unglue the jack and re-do it, and I don't want to have to splice into the cable if I don't have to (but I'm willing to...)

Any ideas? (But hey, at least they work! Success!!! I feel so proud =D hehe)

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #4 of 6
oh and in older version of winamp, i remember being able to reverse the stereo in the MPEG Decoder plugin settings

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #5 of 6
You could wear them backwards (best idea 
biggrin.gif
) or you could make a reverse channel adapter.

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #6 of 6
I've worn them for years with the cable on the left - it's freaking me out too much coming from the other side!

Don't want to splice the wire, because if I ever replace it I'll have to splice the new one... then again, that would be easier than opening up the jack again...

I swear, there was one red lead, and one non-red.... and a long one. I assumed the long was for ground, so I put the yellow wire on the long one, red on red, and white on the remaining lead. This sounds like what you would have done, right?..... =D

Off to radio shack for some shrink tubing for the splice, I think I melted some of the insulation on the wires while soldering, might be permanent now (which really was my goal, right?)

This project has made me lol a few times. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back