FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Aug 7, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #2,942 of 4,896
Quote:
Im listening to my TG!334 off a DX100/BTG starlight combo. Im considering the AK120, as Id like to go for something more pocketable/portable . Also read that the battery life is better than the DX100 which will be a big plus for me. I like the DX100 quite a bit, albeit the size and battery life...but Im considering a lighter/smaller player. I was thinking of the Altmann Tera player, but cant sum up to its costs yet...Currently I end listening to my TG!334 straight off my iphone4 as I find it most accessable and comfortable to use for longer hours, and the TG!334 does decently through the iphone4. Has anyone got the chance to listen to the TG!334 on a DX100 and the AK120, to compare the two in terms of sound quality? 

Be sure to read up on the 334 pairing with the Tera player. I think there is bass roll off so not sure if that will be to your liking or not.

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #2,946 of 4,896
Agreed that for pocketability and usability ak120 is the best. A single charge gives me 12+ hrs (non continuous) with the tg334 at volume 33.

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #2,947 of 4,896
Quote:
Agreed that for pocketability and usability ak120 is the best. A single charge gives me 12+ hrs (non continuous) with the tg334 at volume 33.

Thanks kkcc !..Ive read elsewhere, that the bass of the AK120, being on the lesser side, helps taming the mid-bass of the tg334 ..how do you find it ?

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #2,949 of 4,896
Quote:
Thanks kkcc !..Ive read elsewhere, that the bass of the AK120, being on the lesser side, helps taming the mid-bass of the tg334 ..how do you find it ?

Still too much and a bit bloated for my taste on 001 cable.  Using Twag v3 does the trick for me.

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #2,950 of 4,896
I've never tried the TWag cable, but swapping the 001 to BTG Starlight managed to tame down a bit of the midbass

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #2,952 of 4,896
I did audition the normal Paterre and the "white" prototype Parterre at last weekend's Mook festival. My first impression is that they never wow me. Maybe I'm just too pampered with the sounds of 334. The Parterre just sound flat, the only thing that sounds right maybe their neutral mids which sound life-like, unlike the slightly coloured mids of 334. Considering that the retail price if 334 is only S$200 more than a Parterre, I also did not find it value for money, IMHO that is.

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #2,954 of 4,896
I did audition the normal Paterre and the "white" prototype Parterre at last weekend's Mook festival. My first impression is that they never wow me. Maybe I'm just too pampered with the sounds of 334. The Parterre just sound flat, the only thing that sounds right maybe their neutral mids which sound life-like, unlike the slightly coloured mids of 334. Considering that the retail price if 334 is only S$200 more than a Parterre, I also did not find it value for money, IMHO that is.

I actually preferred Parterre's tuning better. Tg334's midbass hump and treble spike are only "fixed" to my liking with silver cables, while Parterre just sounded right from the get go. But Parterre is definitely not fun or wow sounding. Personally I would have picked the Parterre had it been available when I got the 334 last year. I suspect taming the midbass and treble are the tuning objectives of suyama san for the Parterre.

Aug 10, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #2,955 of 4,896
you can't get everybody to agree on what To Go! they prefer, that was the point of making several models, they do sound different.
again if you like big round bass and more relaxed high mids, 334 will technically satisfy you very much about everything else as it is the most detailed/transparent one. (somewhat electrically flat + a lot of bass)
if you look for the most even sounding IEM or you really dislike bass boosts, you'll get the f111 as it's really only missing a little in the sub bass region, else everything is very even sounding. (somewhat compensated flat + just enough bass boost)
and to my ears, the parterre was the one with the most energy on impacts, with bass sounding faster/more controlled than 334 but more present than f111.(more unique signature, less smooth)

all have a real good imaging and cool soundstage, not the same but all are really fun to listen to in that respect.

if the bass on the 334 was a little bit tighter(and maybe 2db lower), I would say it is the best IEM I've ever heard.  "alas" I only believe it is the best universal I have ever heard ^_^.  but really those bass will have a love/hate effect on people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back