FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Nov 15, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #4,127 of 4,896
Hi Guys,

I need to replace my silicon ear tips, can you recommend a good replacement?
just wondering if the ortofon really worth the price
blink.gif

Thanks.

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #4,129 of 4,896
Ortofon or Spinfit tips.

Careful ordering the Ortofon as they run very small. The Ortofon large would be equal to most other medium. The Spinfits tend to be about the size you expect but I find them difficult to seal with some iem's. The Spinfits will give you a more open and airy sound but some would call it on the bright side. Still, I find they work well with some iem's like the Shure 846. If you are interested in sound isolation the Spinfits are not the best in that department.

Nov 15, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #4,130 of 4,896
  Hi Guys,

I need to replace my silicon ear tips, can you recommend a good replacement?
just wondering if the ortofon really worth the price
blink.gif

Thanks.

I loved the JVC spiral dots with my Parterre's.  Good seal, nice open sound.

Nov 15, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #4,132 of 4,896
  I loved the JVC spiral dots with my Parterre's.  Good seal, nice open sound.

I agree the spiral dots are excellent tips. The only thing I would point out is that the surface and density of the spiral dots is a bit harder than some tips which may cause discomfort for some people. The sound is very good and they will bring out the bass to the extent that your iem's can reproduce low bass. If the comfort factor works for you then spiral dots are a great all round choice.

Nov 15, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #4,133 of 4,896
i tried ortofon, spin fit and JVC spiral dots.... and the best sound quality one is from JVC spiral dot.. I need to mod all tips by stuffing foam to enhanced the noise isolation. 

Nov 16, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #4,134 of 4,896
My personal favourite is the Ortofon tips. It gives the TG334 slightly better resolution with an airier sig compared to JVC Spiral Dots tips, which are darker in presentation with more bass. The Ortofon tips are also much more comfortable and softer. YMMV.

Dec 4, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #4,135 of 4,896
Hi Guy,

just want to give an update for the silicon tips on ear fitment.

i have got a set of JVC Spiral dots in size small and Med Small, and it happens my ear is in such an odd size that i fit between both ranges.

Small feel a bit too small, and if feels smaller than the stock one that came with the fitear.

Med Small feels just about right, so i feel if you are in between the med and small tip on the fitear stock stock, the med small of JVC spiral dot is a good fit.

Dec 5, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #4,136 of 4,896
I just ordered the biflange tips from MEElectronics. From all the stock tips from fitear..i found the biflange delivers best SQ to my ears. A slightly brihter than black silicon one. Makes the tone a bit more accurate.

I ordered biflange tips in various color from MEElectronic. Clear white, black and the grey one. What interesting me is the grey one they labelled "balanced biflange tips" Not sure what will be the effect to the SQ. Will find out when i received it.

I ordered the ortofon L tips also. Will do comparison later.

Dec 5, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #4,137 of 4,896
I just ordered the biflange tips from MEElectronics. From all the stock tips from fitear..i found the biflange delivers best SQ to my ears. A slightly brihter than black silicon one. Makes the tone a bit more accurate.

I ordered biflange tips in various color from MEElectronic. Clear white, black and the grey one. What interesting me is the grey one they labelled "balanced biflange tips" Not sure what will be the effect to the SQ. Will find out when i received it.

The Ortofon L size runs the smallest I have ever seen for an eartip labeled large. More like a medium size in most other brands.

Dec 5, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #4,138 of 4,896

i have the clear and black meelectronics bi flanges too..they were my favorite after original bi flange however the best seal and most comfortable and most important the best sounding are the JVC spiral with foam mod... they are so easy to get seal..

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #4,139 of 4,896
  i have the clear and black meelectronics bi flanges too..they were my favorite after original bi flange however the best seal and most comfortable and most important the best sounding are the JVC spiral with foam mod... they are so easy to get seal..

The only thing that works for me is the Etymotics foam. I have really large ear canals. Their foam seals like a locked door and sounds great. The entire tip thing is very individual.

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #4,140 of 4,896
The Ortofon L size runs the smallest I have ever seen for an eartip labeled large. More like a medium size in most other brands.

Is the ortofon L size will be the same size as the fitear's medium silicon? Actually i never seen or tried one in person :D i just ordered it directly from ortofon Japan. Hopefully they fit to my ears okay thou. I use stock silicon from fitear with medium size. But i do not like the sound of it. Too much warmth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back