FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
Sep 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #406 of 768

The Parterre has more laidback MIDS. This makes the parterre feels like it has a bit more bass, better sound-stage, more room and air to breath, and more relaxing sounding.

I don't think Parterre has more laid back mid than the 334. Actually, i found the mid of Parterre is a little more forward than the 334. Regarding the bass, 334 has a lot more mid bass than the Parterre. I agree with you that both 334 and Parterre is not the best for Classical tracks but i think it's not bad either. the 1 plus 2 should be better for this kind of music from what i heard around here.

Sep 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #407 of 768
I don't think Parterre has more laid back mid than the 334. Actually, i found the mid of Parterre is a little more forward than the 334. Regarding the bass, 334 has a lot more mid bass than the Parterre. I agree with you that both 334 and Parterre is not the best for Classical tracks but i think it's not bad either. the 1 plus 2 should be better for this kind of music from what i heard around here.

We certainly hear things differently (or define things differently).

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #408 of 768
Wouldn't the strong impact that the parterre has make it a rather unique presentation for classical music?
This is my few thoughts about parterre after using it for more than a week (and compared with my TG334)

The TG334 wins the resolution/texture -/+ 5% (or easy to say i feel like TG334 has a bit more clarity and better detailing) - but both i consider "very good" already.
The Parterre has more laidback MIDS. This makes the parterre feels like it has a bit more bass, better sound-stage, more room and air to breath, and more relaxing sounding.
Both have a very good ability to render the sound so that layering of the music easy to be noticed. Music separation also very clear to me from both.
For songs related to vocal which draw our attention mainly to vocal, i will still prefer TG334, the vocal on TG334 is more dominant but with very good texture and body, so music is very enjoyable to listen, more than Parterre (to me of course).
For songs like acoustic guitar (example: Govi, Antonio Bonta) or any songs related to guitar instruments i prefer to use parterre, the sound is very very good, very relaxing, good body to the instruments, and i feel like it has more in-the-room feeling than tg334 for this kind of song. it is very pleasant to listen. and i think it has a better ambience than tg334.
The Parterre is a bit picky with amplification.With RSA Intruder is not that good, i feel the bass a bit bloated (but not very bad), I prefer to use Parterre for direct use to the source. And my favorite is plug it to my Tera Player. everything is becoming more "right". Using my Samsung S3, the sound also quite good. The other amps that i think also good are the fostex hpp1 and KOJO KM01 amps. But i prefer to use parterre with my tera alone.
Both TG334 and Parterre, is not that good with songs that required DEEP hitting bass. They are not really performing to a max. The bass on Parterre and TG334 is plenty enough for me, but it does not hit deep enough..seems like they do not have a good foundation bass for this kind of songs - anything else i think they can handle well enough.
If you are a treble lovers, i think you will find both of these will require more crisp or treble present, but to me, what good about fitears, eventhough they sound warm, thick, mellow, but never feel like it has a recessed treble. Maybe bcoz they do have a very good transparency to the sound.
Edit: Also, both i think is not that good for classic songs as well (Beethoven, Mozart, etc), the violin, piano and the ambience still don't bite me. The sound is too round and too warm for this kind of songs, and the bass also too much for this kind of genres, i wish they can perform at least near to HD800 or perhaps i can have that HD800's performance for just a bit, but apparently they are not even closed to HD800 for this kind of genres (maybe that's just me)

some pics taken:

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #409 of 768

Hi Rakan. I was having a hard time my self when trying to find out which one has more bass quantity between the two. During my comparison, i ab-ed them many times, but still hard for me to say which of which has more bass in term of "quantity". I might agree with you that tg334 is more on the mid bass..however, after listening many songs, i feel like the Parterre has more bass at the very low. I am not to certain that the quantity is more, but i do feel the bass is more presence in the Parterre in many songs (and more laid back vocal), while the TG334 the bass is also there, but the mid is also share a big part of its sound (bigger portion and more forward than the parterre). Maybe they have almost just the same in term of bass qty but with different way of delivering, but i believe they still share a same house sound of the fitear, which is warm, thick, mellow, with excellent transparency no doubt.

Wouldn't the strong impact that the parterre has make it a rather unique presentation for classical music?

Talking about classical music, my reference would be HD800. I don't mean to compare between the Parterre and HD800, but to me, for the Parterre, they are alright with classical songs, but not perfect, still enjoyable though. When listening to classical music, i feel like the friction of the violin strings and the piano note from the Parterre is less authentic or less neutral to what i expected, and the bass sometimes when required, i feel like just a tad too much for classical songs. The HD800 (and my T1) is such a pleasant headphone to listen this kind of genres. The realistic feel and the ambience is more suitable for this kind of songs (and they do very good with jazz songs too). However, with the parterre, i do really enjoy the guitar thrumming note, the sound has a very good weight and depth, followed by a good texture and creates more realistic sounding in guitar tone. But overall, i have nothing really to complaint, both tg334 and Parterre are my favorite companion for listening music (for IEM category).

Sep 15, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #410 of 768
  A couple of days ago, I stated that of all the phones I've heard, the 3 I'd keep would be the K3003, Parterre and 1601SS.

The Parterre is not linear in an ER-4S/F111 boring/anaemic and 2D way (give me my Heaven S or FI-BA-SS any time over the F111s, two single-BAs that render music more realistically!), they sound more linear in what I've come to hear in the real world of music playing over the years.

there is out there a flock of birds that feed on punchy vivid sound and find the er4 signature to be boring
eek.gif

Perhaps I should clarify — boring or dull compared to phones like the Parterre, K3003, FI-BA-SS (& SB), FAD's 160Xs, KAEDE and a certain phone I find excellent, the HD800.

A couple of comments.

The ER4S comments I made a couple of weeks ago were made without having ever heard the ER4S myself, but only the F111, which apparently seems to be practically an ER4S clone.

I've now got myself a pair of ER4S and have spent the last 10 days with them. I am seriously impressed by the 4S' sonics, an IEM I consider top-tier / high-end, which is indeed, to these ears, up there with the very best ear/headphones I've heard.

I don't remember thinking so highly of the F111 when I owned it, so my previous comments re: the F111 still stand, but not those I made about the ER4S. There was music I played where the F111s just fell short—not the case with the ER4S (it may well have been a fit issue with the F111s when I owned them, but not too sure that really was the case). I find the ER4S to be a better all-rounder, surprisingly so—an excellent all-rounder, in fact; it's a phone that will show you different recording/mastering types quite easily, but won't destroy (make unlistenable) poor or bright recordings/masterings. The ER4S is simply a stellar phone. There.

Anyway, the 3 IEMs I'd keep today if I was forced to choose would be: the K3003, 1601SS (or 1602SS) and ER4S. I should note that in that imaginary scenario I would still need do some serious A/B'ing between the ER4S & FI-BA-SS to determine which I'd keep  SQ-wise, but if I had choose right now, I'd take the ER4S over the FI-BA-SS (though I prefer the latter's non-microphonic cable, fit / ergonomics & design / aesthetics).

Why not keep the Parterre in that imaginary scenario? Because it is somewhat similar to the K3003s, but I still prefer the AKGs. (the 1601/1602 & ER4S are very different to the Parterre & K3003, so having 3 distinct flavours seems only natural when having to choose only 3 IEMs)

Sep 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #412 of 768
Has anyone with a parterre heard the th900 by fostex?

I do not have the TH900, but i have some other fullsize cans which may considered in the same line with Fostex TH900 (or maybe TH900 is even on higher level). The Parterre is still an IEM. Actually, IMHO, it is not meant to be compared with a fullsize headphone. Generally speaking, The Parterre has more in the head performance (same with TG334 or Shure 846) when compared to a fullsize cans performance.  The fullsize headphones (the good one) they do have more out-the-head performance. It feels like it has so much plenty of room and more air to breath compared to IEM (incl. Parterre). Technically, the parterre might wins slightly in term of texture/layering compared to my HD650 (medium-end cans), but still, overall performance, i do prefer my HD650 - Its more enjoyable for my listening.
If you wanted to know, how does my parterre compared to my headphones like HD800 or T1 or 3000anv? - (all driven by portable setup), my answer would be all these three headphones surpass the Parterre, in term of technical and performance. But of course, all those three also can't beat Parterre in terms of portability. The difference would be so obvious once i do ab-ing them. After i use one of those three cans, then i swap with Parterre, the sound from parterre is becoming not-that-good to me, and i need sometimes to adjust my brain to accept to parterre sound to be able to re-enjoy.

I guess TH900 would tread the same (or even worse to Parterre). This is based on my personal taste and opinion only, of course.

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #413 of 768
oh that was not the intention of my post, i think the sound signature of the parterres are not TOO FAR OFF from the general sound of the TH900s though. Was trying to confirm my suspicions, in terms of scalability and stuff, i know that the drivers in the fitear, and basically all the IEMs, cannot compare with full sized cans. There is no replacement for displacement. Same with Speakers and headphones, speakers are definitely better.

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #414 of 768
oh that was not the intention of my post, i think the sound signature of the parterres are not TOO FAR OFF from the general sound of the TH900s though. Was trying to confirm my suspicions, in terms of scalability and stuff, i know that the drivers in the fitear, and basically all the IEMs, cannot compare with full sized cans. There is no replacement for displacement. Same with Speakers and headphones, speakers are definitely better.

i don't have the TH900 but I do heard it before, all I can say is TH900 quite different from parterre. The overall sound of parterre is more smooth and musical than th900 while the th900 have better treble extention

Sep 23, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #416 of 768
Quote from Fitear facebook:
""Parterre" requires 100-150hrs burn-in for the capacitor driving, not for the cable. At least to run 100-150 hours, the sound will be better, the longer you burn-in, the better sound you get. Please let your Parterre to grow!"

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #417 of 768
Quote from Fitear facebook:
""Parterre" requires 100-150hrs burn-in for the capacitor driving, not for the cable. At least to run 100-150 hours, the sound will be better, the longer you burn-in, the better sound you get. Please let your Parterre to grow!"

i always think that is more like brain-burned to me rather than burn-in :D (maybe it's just me)
Btw, indeed i do feel the Parterre the SQ is growing on me, the feeling-effect of being better is greater than my tg334 honestly. I like the tg334 too, but from the 1st time i listen up to now is not that much different of what i like about it. But with Parterre, day by day i feel like...wow this is good !

Sep 24, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #418 of 768
i always think that is more like brain-burned to me rather than burn-in :D (maybe it's just me)
Btw, indeed i do feel the Parterre the SQ is growing on me, the feeling-effect of being better is greater than my tg334 honestly. I like the tg334 too, but from the 1st time i listen up to now is not that much different of what i like about it. But with Parterre, day by day i feel like...wow this is good !

I love Parterre more than my 334... They sound fantastic with stock 001 and not picky with source... Always get some good listening time with them... My favorite iem so far...

Sep 24, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #419 of 768
I love Parterre more than my 334... They sound fantastic with stock 001 and not picky with source... Always get some good listening time with them... My favorite iem so far...

I felt the same re 334 vs parterre. However the 334 does have a higher ceiling with cable upgrades...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back