FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
Sep 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #392 of 768
Hi all,

I have both 334 and Parterre as review's sample since 3 or 4 weeks and I disagree with many of you.

The Parterre is well tuned IEM for those who want a bassy IEM with a great soundstage (one of the similarities with 334), good depth and well extended in both of the extrem of the sonic spectrum. The rythmic is essentialy based on the bass line, that is organic and very punchy. The medium is not as detailed as the Fit Ear signature on the 334, but it offers emotion, it reach what we attend. I dislike particularly the treble section of the Parterre, but it's imo. They don't are aggressive, but not my taste. Far from form what I mean, they have significant qualities, as extension, sometimes realism, well placed in the presentation...
To my mind, it lacks some qualities for an IEM around 700€ like a sensitive instrument separation or a rythmic and the perception of harmonic on all the spectrum.

The 334 are one of the best IEM I ever heard, amazing soundstage, very spacious, extension and coherency, organic, detailed on all the instruments, realistic... but it's not my taste too, because of a lack of dynamic in the bass and sub bass. They are present, perhaps too much, but they don't go as speed as the music does. It's a choice, too smooth for me.

In comparaison, the 334 are more laid back than the Parterre which is more "in your face". Nevertheless the Parterre sounds out of the head, like the other high end IEM.

I can't understand how people could compare the Fit Ear IEMs to the Etymotic ER4p. None of the F111, Parterre or 334 share something else with the Etymotic reference. None is a monitor as the ER4p. None sounds in the head as the ER4p.

Sep 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #393 of 768

I can't understand how people could compare the Fit Ear IEMs to the Etymotic ER4p. None of the F111, Parterre or 334 share something else with the Etymotic reference. None is a monitor as the ER4p. None sounds in the head as the ER4p.

People have compared the F111 to the ER-4S not to the ER-4P. The F111's tuning was inspired, apparently, by the ER-4S. Several people who have heard both F111 & ER-4S have confirmed that both IEMs are indeed very, very close sonically.

Sep 5, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #394 of 768

It's quite hard to judge the sound based solely on the demo. 

Yeah... I think Fujiya-Avic's C435 was broken (as I told Eve) when I last visited because... it just couldn't sound that bad. Plus the customs that I tried at e-earphone not long before that sounded much better, albeit not fitting my ears at all. I did, on the other hand, try a bunch of demos on various visits and various stores for very long periods it was embarrassing
redface.gif

I too talked to another head-fi member awhile ago and he too is a big vocaloid lover. He said his Monet is even superior to the JH13 when it comes to anime songs and it even shares some characteristics which remind him of his SR009 (believe it or not) 
biggrin.gif
Anyway I'm not surprised if someone comments on them being thin, since there is a small dip of -10db within 1-1.5khz to emphasize the upper midrange region, which might come across as thin or recessed to people who are not used to anime songs

You should see my music library.
It's really more a matter of preference. I don't particularly like emphasized upper midrange especially with anisong... many people with already sharp voices start getting dangerously sharp. A better emphasis on the body sort of mellows it out. Since exploring my own stupid attempt at a DIY IEM I kind of warmed up to the brighter vocals (since my C701 plays louder than the BA200); it works for some voices but not all.The JH13FP worked extremely well with the various tracks I tried with it, though I did not get any back-to-back A/Bing against any of those FitEar at the same time. And I also tried those with DAC&AMPs that I don't own nor can afford.

What upper midrange the Monet has, was missing in the MH334. What midrange/lower midrange the MH334 has, the Monet did not have. Couldn't get the best of both words, sadly. Hoping for the amalgam one day... hopefully without needing to sell my soul and kidneys. That still only caters to my person tastes though.

On the other hand, the Parterre worked pretty well for that genre of music although after hearing the 334, the Parterre does feel like it has recessed mids---or at least not very emphasized ones. What did bother me on the Parterre was the amount of sub bass, surprisingly, in the excess. Made me nauseous. That said, I'm still really sensitive to sub bass so it could be entirely a receiver (me)-side problem. In fact I think it is? as nobody else seems to find the sub bass too strong. I find them extremely well suited for instrumental pieces though.

Sep 5, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #395 of 768

People have compared the F111 to the ER-4S not to the ER-4P. The F111's tuning was inspired, apparently, by the ER-4S. Several people who have heard both F111 & ER-4S have confirmed that both IEMs are indeed very, very close sonically.

I have ER4S adaptator on ER4PT and if you know ER4 serie you know it's the same sound with different impedance. Sonically difference between them is marginal, really.

ER4 is developped for accuracy, Fit Ear just wanted that frequency response of F111 be as accurate as possible. The goal is not to have the same sound than Etymotic with 23 years old product, but it was the same goal : accuracy. You know like me that ER4 is not the only IEM or OEM that accurate is, but it's not the same sound, not the same perception of frequency response.

The most obvious difference is the bass. F111 has very tight bass, ER4 doesn't have bass after that. And mids too, treble too, absolutely not the same sound signature...

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #398 of 768
  How does the Soundstage of Parterre/334 compare to the SD2/SD3?

Haven't heard the SD3, but the Parterre's soundstage is like that of a headphone—open and with very good depth; the SD2, by contrast, still sounds fairly closed-in / 'in your head'.

Sep 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #400 of 768
I'm curious about this as well (well, except for US residents). Did you get them from PriceJapan Mr. Sparrow?

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #405 of 768
This is my few thoughts about parterre after using it for more than a week (and compared with my TG334)

The TG334 wins the resolution/texture -/+ 5% (or easy to say i feel like TG334 has a bit more clarity and better detailing) - but both i consider "very good" already.
The Parterre has more laidback MIDS. This makes the parterre feels like it has a bit more bass, better sound-stage, more room and air to breath, and more relaxing sounding.
Both have a very good ability to render the sound so that layering of the music easy to be noticed. Music separation also very clear to me from both.
For songs related to vocal which draw our attention mainly to vocal, i will still prefer TG334, the vocal on TG334 is more dominant but with very good texture and body, so music is very enjoyable to listen, more than Parterre (to me of course).
For songs like acoustic guitar (example: Govi, Antonio Bonta) or any songs related to guitar instruments i prefer to use parterre, the sound is very very good, very relaxing, good body to the instruments, and i feel like it has more in-the-room feeling than tg334 for this kind of song. it is very pleasant to listen. and i think it has a better ambience than tg334.
The Parterre is a bit picky with amplification.With RSA Intruder is not that good, i feel the bass a bit bloated (but not very bad), I prefer to use Parterre for direct use to the source. And my favorite is plug it to my Tera Player. everything is becoming more "right". Using my Samsung S3, the sound also quite good. The other amps that i think also good are the fostex hpp1 and KOJO KM01 amps. But i prefer to use parterre with my tera alone.
Both TG334 and Parterre, is not that good with songs that required DEEP hitting bass. They are not really performing to a max. The bass on Parterre and TG334 is plenty enough for me, but it does not hit deep enough..seems like they do not have a good foundation bass for this kind of songs - anything else i think they can handle well enough.
If you are a treble lovers, i think you will find both of these will require more crisp or treble present, but to me, what good about fitears, eventhough they sound warm, thick, mellow, but never feel like it has a recessed treble. Maybe bcoz they do have a very good transparency to the sound.
Edit: Also, both i think is not that good for classic songs as well (Beethoven, Mozart, etc), the violin, piano and the ambience still don't bite me. The sound is too round and too warm for this kind of songs, and the bass also too much for this kind of genres, i wish they can perform at least near to HD800 or perhaps i can have that HD800's performance for just a bit, but apparently they are not even closed to HD800 for this kind of genres (maybe that's just me)

some pics taken:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back