FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
Sep 25, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #436 of 768
That's not what my local jaben boss told me. He said it is a different coloured one and the tweaked version is just a rumor or joke. Of course if anyone heard it first hand from Suyama san at Mook would be more credible but I don't seem to recall any member claiming to have directly get the quote from suyama san.

I talked to Suyama-san in person and he said it was a modified version of the Parterre, with different acoustical treatment applied and that it was only an experimental unit. No info given on whether there would be another version of the Parterre released in the future, a universalised Monet is confirmed though.

Actually there was some misunderstanding going on even  among Mook's staff on that day. The guy standing at FitEar's booth actually told me it was a beta version of the Parterre made before the final version (what we have today) but I brought up the question to Suyama-san later when he came to the show and received a totally different answer.

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #437 of 768
I talked to Suyama-san in person and he said it was a modified version of the Parterre, with different acoustical treatment applied and that it was only an experimental unit. No info given on whether there would be another version of the Parterre released in the future, a universalised Monet is confirmed though.

Actually there was some misunderstanding going on even  among Mook's staff on that day. The guy standing at FitEar's booth actually told me it was a beta version of the Parterre made before the final version (what we have today) but I brought up the question to Suyama-san later when he came to the show and received a totally different answer.

Thanks for settling it once and for all!!

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #439 of 768
I thought the white parterre was the v2 which is tuned to more pop and modern music, which might be released in the future

Someone in this thread said it was tuned for monitoring purposes, though I can't recall if Suyama-san said that himself or not. Personally the current parterre is easier to listen to than the white one. 

No words on whether there'll be another release of the next parterre. He said he was busy working on the universal Monet though.

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #440 of 768
Someone in this thread said it was tuned for monitoring purposes, though I can't recall if Suyama-san said that himself or not. Personally the current parterre is easier to listen to than the white one. 

No words on whether there'll be another release of the next parterre. He said he was busy working on the universal Monet though.

Would you happen to know the type of music that the Monet is for? The website has a lot of Japanese cartoon...i am thinking if they are related...

Thanks.

Oct 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #441 of 768
Would you happen to know the type of music that the Monet is for? The website has a lot of Japanese cartoon...i am thinking if they are related...

Thanks.

Yea. That is apparently what they're tuned for. 

Although anisong really is a broad genre...so I'm not too sure how they pull that off.

Oct 3, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #442 of 768

Yea. That is apparently what they're tuned for. 

Although anisong really is a broad genre...so I'm not too sure how they pull that off.

Thanks for the info.
I guess I am content with the TG!334 and Parterre now.

Oct 3, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #443 of 768
I read some reviews of Monet that although it was tuned for ani-songs, the reviewers found that they are a bit lacking and they think the TG334 is a better choice for them. Maybe the universal Monet will be more fine tuned for ani-songs, although to me ani-songs is a mix of metal, pop, rock and sometimes jazz, not sure how an IEM will be fine-tuned to suit all of them
rolleyes.gif

Oct 3, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #444 of 768
  I read some reviews of Monet that although it was tuned for ani-songs, the reviewers found that they are a bit lacking and they think the TG334 is a better choice for them. Maybe the universal Monet will be more fine tuned for ani-songs, although to me ani-songs is a mix of metal, pop, rock and sometimes jazz, not sure how an IEM will be fine-tuned to suit all of them
rolleyes.gif

I am thinking if it is specifically turned for female vocal, which the Asian market has a huge demand for as observed in local and Mainland China forums.

Oct 3, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #445 of 768

Thanks.

Oh about that Suyuma-san did quite an extensive explanation on that day. He even drew a graph (which very much resembled the real one I saw later on the internet) to illustrate how he tried to make a small dip at 1-1.5khz and a slight bump at 2khz, which according to his belief will make the listener focus more on the upper mid region, where most anime songs emphasize on. 

As far as I know the Monet has similar sub bass to the 335, while the treble is hotter with 2 drivers serving as tweeters. 

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #446 of 768
Oh about that Suyuma-san did quite an extensive explanation on that day. He even drew a graph (which very much resembled the real one I saw later on the internet) to illustrate how he tried to make a small dip at 1-1.5khz and a slight bump at 2khz, which according to his belief will make the listener focus more on the upper mid region, where most anime songs emphasize on. 

As far as I know the Monet has similar sub bass to the 335, while the treble is hotter with 2 drivers serving as tweeters. 

Yes I recall reading sth similar in one of those interviews he gave around the time Monet was released. However anime songs are not really a musical genre as it is so encompassing. To me it is more of a marketing vehicle to connect with the a specific Japanese target market, or to just fulfill suyama san's tuning preference for his favorite anime songs. I wish I have his resources to just make some IEM just to my liking.

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #447 of 768
Yes I recall reading sth similar in one of those interviews he gave around the time Monet was released. However anime songs are not really a musical genre as it is so encompassing. To me it is more of a marketing vehicle to connect with the a specific Japanese target market, or to just fulfill suyama san's tuning preference for his favorite anime songs. I wish I have his resources to just make some IEM just to my liking.

I think it's more of the latter, since based on the chat I figure he was trying to create something that renders seiyuu's voice nicely, without aiming at any particular genre. That kind of approach is of course way easier to engineer while it can cover the a wider range of the market.

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #448 of 768

I think it's more of the latter, since based on the chat I figure he was trying to create something that renders seiyuu's voice nicely, without aiming at any particular genre. That kind of approach is of course way easier to engineer while it can cover the a wider range of the market.

Would you happen to know if it is in the same price range of TG!334?

Oct 4, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #449 of 768

Would you happen to know if it is in the same price range of TG!334?

It'll probably be more. The MH334 is marketed at 139,800 円 and the Monet is marketed at 149,800 円

It'll most likely be $100 more than the TG334,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back