FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
Aug 16, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #301 of 768
Quote:
Have spent the last 40 mins or so with the Parterres...

Great first impressions, thanks!
smile_phones.gif

For some reason these pique my interest quite a bit more than the SD2.

Quote:
EDIT: Impressive low-end extension.

Hence the name? 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
"The 334, while having a wow effect, would soon become too much—a bit like having a delicious but ultimately huge meal—stuffing yourself, so to speak, on yummy food".

Agreed, I too felt a bit fatigued by the 334's overall richness after prolonged listening. Except for treble, that is, which rather seemed to put me on a diet.
wink.gif

Quote:
... I don't really like the way the midrange is presented on the Parterre compared to the 334, it's a bit too prominent and upfront for my taste.

More upfront than the 334? I felt the 334's mids sounded pretty upfront, compared to their overly polite treble.

Aug 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #302 of 768
Quote:
music_4321 do you feel a certain sense of contentment when you use this? fitear has some crazy exotic ideas with the titanium tubes, worth mentioning many many times over

Not really. To me, first and foremost is, 'does it sound good / right?' All the exotic stuff is just an added bonus... well, kind of, because at the end of the day, unfortunately, this normally translates into a much more expensive product.

Ergonomics, build quality & microphonics are key, too, after SQ.

Quote:
These are so much more aesthetically pleasing than the 334, strange what a little nippin and tuckin will do for form factor. How's the fit Muzak? I found the 334 to be surprisingly comfy, but the bulbous housings hung out of my lug holes in an almost comical fashion. Do you find it to sit more flush against the ear?

Same here, I had no fit issues with the 334s. Now, the Parterres don't sit flush, no, but they're still quite comfy and remain firmly in place once in your ears (much like the F111s did / do). They do stick out a bit, but they do look much nicer than the 334s, if that's what's really troubling you.  :wink:

Quote:
Great first impressions, thanks!
smile_phones.gif

For some reason these pique my interest quite a bit more than the SD2.

Forget about the SD2 — they're a really very nice IEM for 350€ (and made in Germany), but the Parterres are sonically on another level. If you could listen to this piece of music on the Parterres (and lots of other stuff, for that matter), I'm almost 100% convinced you'd order a pair straightaway: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/I+Sibelius+Violin+Concerto+In+D+Minor+Allegro+Moderato/4bA980?src=5

Quote:
Quote:
... I don't really like the way the midrange is presented on the Parterre compared to the 334, it's a bit too prominent and upfront for my taste.

More upfront than the 334? I felt the 334's mids sounded pretty upfront, compared to their overly polite treble.

*From memory*, I don't find the Parterre's midrange more upfront / prominent than the 334's midrange, TBH—nor recessed, for that matter! — it just isn't as thick / lush / full (lower mids/ upper bass presence), but it's certainly not thin.

Aug 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #303 of 768
I also like Parterre over 111 or 334 and is the best fitear universal yet.  Too bad I already owned the 334 and their sig is too close to warrant another purchase, and my twag fitear cable doesn't really help the Parterre much.  It would make quite a costly proposition for me to side-grade to Parterre from taking a hit on selling tg334+twag.

Really amazed to see our resident sparrow loving it.  

Aug 16, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #304 of 768
we really all have our own ears.  I could listen to the 334 forever with almost no fatigue (no fatigue at all being hd650). and with the Parterre, my ears started ringing after 2days glued on the demos (it wasn't clever), I had to stop using them the next day to rest my ears.
I know myself enough to say that I get fatigue from 3khz. that's my Achilles heel. and in the particular aspect, the Parterre had plenty of 3khz when it was nicely tamed on the 334. (sad thing is no 3khz at all is so boring)

It would be interesting to know what you guys find fatiguing, I would guess it's more in the bass region judging from your IEMs and comments. just reading about the er4 not being fatiguing on the er4 thread makes me really wonder if I got spacenoid's ears. ^_^

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #305 of 768
Quote:

Really amazed to see our resident sparrow loving it.  

Why's that? (honest question)

Quote:
 (sad thing is no 3khz at all is so boring)

:)

Quote:

It would be interesting to know what you guys find fatiguing, I would guess it's more in the bass region judging from your IEMs and comments. just reading about the er4 not being fatiguing on the er4 thread makes me really wonder if I got spacenoid's ears. ^_^

Ah, but Mr castleofargh hasn't probably heard the FI-BA-SS, Heaven S, Flat4 KAEDE (or SUI) and perhaps even the K3003s.

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #306 of 768
if anyone want a more sparkle treble ( more closer to K3003 treble ), and slight less bass , less upfront mid, more airy sounding ....... try the K3003's tips ........i sure that you will see the different ..........
I found the parterre sound extremely good when pair with my ak100 ( no mod 0 ohm OI ) and k3003's silicon tips. With my preference, i can say ak100 is the best source can make the parterre sound the best as it can. ( even better than tera player and AK120 and DX100 )

Aug 16, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #307 of 768
Quote:
So I'm getting that compared to the F111 the Parterres have more bass, maybe similar mids, and more treble?

gnarlsagan, sorry, but I seem to have missed your post earlier on.

The Parterres indeed have more bass than the F111s. Similar mids and more treble? To be honest, I can't rely on my memory to tell you exactly if that is the case because it's 9 months since I last heard the F111s. I'll tell you this, though, the Parterre definitely has a bigger and more 3D sound. Unlike the F111s, which to these ears often sounded lean and 2D-ish, the Parterres sound full, proper, definitely (much) more lifelike. They share the 334's excellent layering, real layering, that is. Like the 334s, the Parterres really sound like an excellent full-size headphone, except that it's a 'headphone' I enjoy more than I did the '334 headphone' — I can wear the 'Parterre headphone' for several hours with absolutely no pain or sonic discomfort. Detail retrieval is superb, yet the Parterres do not sound analytical or clinical—I used the term organic earlier because, while details are easily perceived, they blend perfectly to make a very nice and believable whole.

I wouldn't necessarily say the Parterres have more treble (from memory). Let's not forget that the perception of treble and air is affected by low and mid frequencies, too—how they all blend; in that sense the F111s may sound more treble-happy while not necessarily having more treble energy. Once again, the midrange is perfectly clear on the Parterres, lower midrange/upper bass being simply impeccable, or as close to impeccable as it gets, IMO. Then you have a smooth transition between mids and treble, a very natural transition. There's sparkle and shimmer, but you don't need to turn the volume up to hear—and sometimes 'feel'—the bass like I often needed to with the F111s, which in turn made the latter sound rather 'piercing' with quite a few albums.

My ears tell me there's a great balance across the spectrum on the Parterres. Would this "great balance" show in a graph? No idea, and while I'd be curious to see a FR chart, I honestly don't care if the Parterres 'graph well' (I imagine they wouldn't do so badly, though).

Quote:
if anyone want a more sparkle treble ( more closer to K3003 treble ), and slight less bass , less upfront mid, more airy sounding ....... try the K3003's tips ........i sure that you will see the different ..........
I found the parterre sound extremely good when pair with my ak100 ( no mod 0 ohm OI ) and k3003's silicon tips. With my preference, i can say ak100 is the best source can make the parterre sound the best as it can. ( even better than tera player and AK120 and DX100 )

Will try the K3003 tips and see if I hear an improvement though I'm currently perfectly happy with the Parterre's stock medium tips.

Aug 16, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #309 of 768
I would say the Parterre is more delicate, refined, exquisite sounding...........presentation is all about finesse. 

It lacks the note weight of the of the K3003. 

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #310 of 768
Talking about bad choice of words... Maybe I was wrong to call it 'upfront', but I couldn't come up with anything better to describe it. With the 334, low frequencies are dominant enough that both mids and highs become kinda laid-back, but that at the same time makes the 334 focused, or 'to the point' I would say. It's like, when listening to them you know it's the bass that makes up the whole enjoyment, of course the mid range is also excellent but lows takes the spotlight here. 

That however didn't happen with the Parterre when I a/b-ed the 2 side by side for more than 30'. Lows on the Parterre is surely less aggressive and upfront, hence more forward, or prominent mids. However I had the feeling as if those 2 spectra were competing against each other to grab my attention at the same time (they both excelled so much I didn't know which one to go go for!), making the whole listening experience a bit less focused and slightly distracting compared to the 334. Of course that might be due to my poor source or simply because most of the songs I used for that listening session were heavily mid oriented. I reckon it might have impressed me more if bass on the Parterre was tamed a bit more, making it a mids/highs oriented IEMs. But that's just me being nitpicky anyway lol.
Quote:

Aug 17, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #312 of 768
TBF, I merely thought the Parterre had a certain kind of misty feel to the lower and upper mids that made me feel like the midrange was in a bit of a fog, as though everything were intentionally smoothed over for a silky sheen. The Parterre is definitely designed for musical interpretation, rather than honesty. It's pleasant, but not my cup of $900+ tea. But maybe I don't deserve to comment, as my FI-BA-SS is coloured as well. However, I just simply like the 111 and 334 better.

Aug 17, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #313 of 768
Quote:
TBF, I merely thought the Parterre had a certain kind of misty feel to the lower and upper mids that made me feel like the midrange was in a bit of a fog, as though everything were intentionally smoothed over for a silky sheen. The Parterre is definitely designed for musical interpretation, rather than honesty. It's pleasant, but not my cup of $900+ tea. But maybe I don't deserve to comment, as my FI-BA-SS is coloured as well. However, I just simply like the 111 and 334 better.

Tom

Were the pair you tried new?

Aug 17, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #315 of 768
Quote:

So you wouldn't recommend the Parterre to someone who loves the FI-BA-SS?

Speaking of which, to my ears the FI-BA-SS aren't very colored to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back