FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
Dec 23, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #661 of 768
Compared to the W4R that I owned, the Parterre has much more accurate imaging and sense of dimension. It can be described as almost holographic when compared to the W4R. I also found vocal and instrumental timbre to be more realistic. The soundstage is more distant than the W4R, as if sitting about 4 rows back during a performance.

Another thing that I really disliked about the W4R is that the nozzles had no lip to hold the tips in place and they often remained in my ears when I removed the phones. Very aggravating.

The stock cable that ships with the Parterre is much superior to that of the W4R.

Thanks! Looks like it's just what I'm looking for, especially the soundstage part. Although I never had any problems with the W4R nozzles.

Dec 28, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #662 of 768
greetings , can someone tell how the parterre pairs with the dx90 ?

also , would it be a big improvement , coming from re-272(neutral/balanced) and re-600(midecentric/lush) ?

how is the parterre sound - neutral ? fun ? something else ?

last but not least , how are the parterre compared to the K3003 ? which one do you prefer and why ?

thanx in advance to any feedback sent my way
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #663 of 768
did anyone here own both Parterre and K3003 ? Any thoughths on these 2 IEMs ?

I just bought a K3003 and i am curious whether Parterre would be a different sonic signature/upgrade over the K3 (which i really like)

any feedback would be most helpful.

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #664 of 768
greetings , can someone tell how the parterre pairs with the dx90 ?

also , would it be a big improvement , coming from re-272(neutral/balanced) and re-600(midecentric/lush) ?

how is the parterre sound - neutral ? fun ? something else ?

last but not least , how are the parterre compared to the K3003 ? which one do you prefer and why ?

thanx in advance to any feedback sent my way :D  

My Parterre's pair very nicely with my DX90. They are on the warm side of neutral with prominent bass. Mids are very well presented and highs are realistic without sibilance. Instrumental timbre is, IMO, fairly accurate. Some have reported audible artifacts in the highs, but I have never noticed them. They are a nice all-arounder.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #665 of 768
  did anyone here own both Parterre and K3003 ? Any thoughths on these 2 IEMs ?

I just bought a K3003 and i am curious whether Parterre would be a different sonic signature/upgrade over the K3 (which i really like)

any feedback would be most helpful.

Only thing I know is that musicbird had both and put the Parterres up for sale.

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #666 of 768
Just thought I would mention that I will be joining this club later today. I ordered the Parterre from my local dealer in Bangkok yesterday. This thread has been very helpful in making my decision. Seems these and for that matter all Fitear iem's are out of stock in most places due to their limited production and generally high demand. I will report back after I receive them but I doubt I can add much to the glowing comments in this thread. My listening is mostly to classical music and a lot of chamber music so these have been well regarded for that genre. I have noticed that a lot of prominent headfiers (is that a word) own these iem's. That is always a good sign. 

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #667 of 768
666th post! FWIW Chodi I think you will enjoy the Parterre a lot. I am right now listening to Handel's arias (Kozena's recordings with the Venice Baroque Orchestra) with the Parterre and it is a fine experience.

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #668 of 768
666th post! FWIW @Chodi I think you will enjoy the Parterre a lot. I am right now listening to Handel's arias (Kozena's recordings with the Venice Baroque Orchestra) with the Parterre and it is a fine experience.

Thanks for your comments. I own two flagship headphones and this is my first step into iem's. What shocked me was the prices. I had to pay even more than the price of an HD800 to get the Parterre. I was told by my dealer I was lucky to get them at any price as they were usually out of stock. As I've been exploring the possibilities in iem land it seems that they tend to be more expensive than full size flagship headphones. 

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #669 of 768
Welcome to the group! Hope to hear your impressions once you spend enough time with the Parterres. IMO, these are good all-rounders that perform best with instrumental music (especially orchestral and acoustic).

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #670 of 768
  Welcome to the group! Hope to hear your impressions once you spend enough time with the Parterres. IMO, these are good all-rounders that perform best with instrumental music (especially orchestral and acoustic).

Thanks for the kind welcome. I received my set today and have been listening to them nonstop for two hours. The only tips in the set that work for me are the large. Anyone that can suggest some better tips please speak up. As I said in an earlier post I'm listening mostly to acoustic classical music so these are spot on with amazing illusion of soundstage for iem's. I am not getting the bass I was expecting from these but i know it is the fit. None of these supplied really fit me perfectly. The other tips supplied have no bass with my ears which is simply a sign of a bad fit. I don't want to comment too much on the sound until I run them in for a few days but after getting the large tips inserted I'm impressed so far with what these can do. I am probably the exception here as I am using them with some standard high end headphone amps (Auralic Taurus with impedance adapter and I have a Matrix M Stage around). I didn't really buy these for portable use but that's another story. Neck problems lately make it too difficult for me to wear my HD800's for long periods. This was my solution. I think if I get the right tips these will do it for me. Any suggestions are welcome!

Feb 18, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #671 of 768
I also had a problem with the limited tip selection. I needed something between the small and medium tips that were supplied, since the small ones fell from my ear after about 20-30mins (and yes, the bass wasn't there) and the medium ones were too big. I used the tips from Dunu Hades iems and got it to fit perfectly. IIRC, some members here used large Ortofon tips. Maybe you could try using that? I'm waiting for my order of Spinfit tips as well, so I'll report back here if it's a good fit.
  Thanks for the kind welcome. I received my set today and have been listening to them nonstop for two hours. The only tips in the set that work for me are the large. Anyone that can suggest some better tips please speak up. As I said in an earlier post I'm listening mostly to acoustic classical music so these are spot on with amazing illusion of soundstage for iem's. I am not getting the bass I was expecting from these but i know it is the fit. None of these supplied really fit me perfectly. The other tips supplied have no bass with my ears which is simply a sign of a bad fit. I don't want to comment too much on the sound until I run them in for a few days but after getting the large tips inserted I'm impressed so far with what these can do. I am probably the exception here as I am using them with some standard high end headphone amps (Auralic Taurus with impedance adapter and I have a Matrix M Stage around). I didn't really buy these for portable use but that's another story. Neck problems lately make it too difficult for me to wear my HD800's for long periods. This was my solution. I think if I get the right tips these will do it for me. Any suggestions are welcome!

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #672 of 768
Just a quick comment to let all interested know that I let these new Parterre run in overnight and they really sound much better after a little burn in. Now they have the bass I was expecting and the highs are sweet. Quite a change from out of the box. I am still reserving my comments but these are sounding very good indeed. I ordered a variety of tip replacements to play with including the Ortofon and Comply suggested in this thread. I also took a flyer on some other tips just to roll them and see what I get. Considering the cost of the Parterre tip rolling is cheap. I had to order all online and the only place I could get the Ortofon was direct from Japan. I'm located in Thailand so that is not such a stretch.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #673 of 768
  Just a quick comment to let all interested know that I let these new Parterre run in overnight and they really sound much better after a little burn in. Now they have the bass I was expecting and the highs are sweet. Quite a change from out of the box. I am still reserving my comments but these are sounding very good indeed. I ordered a variety of tip replacements to play with including the Ortofon and Comply suggested in this thread. I also took a flyer on some other tips just to roll them and see what I get. Considering the cost of the Parterre tip rolling is cheap. I had to order all online and the only place I could get the Ortofon was direct from Japan. I'm located in Thailand so that is not such a stretch.

Try the JVC Spiral Dots.  I personally got the best fit and sq with these on the Parterre's.

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #674 of 768

Try the JVC Spiral Dots.  I personally got the best fit and sq with these on the Parterre's.

Already ordered them from Japan...thanks! Just in case anyone is using these at home like I am I thought I would mention that while they work and sound good from my Matrix m Stage they sound truly glorious from my AuralicTaurus and even better without using the ohm adapter I got expecting to need. Much to my surprise even though the Taurus is high gain it seems to pair perfectly with the Parterre very black silent background. Very open engaging sound more like very good headphones. The Taurus has much more transparency than the M Stage with the Paterre  so these earphones do scale up.

Feb 19, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #675 of 768
Curious about the JVC Spiral Dots, but I can't find those locally, so I guess I'll have to buy one when I go to Osaka this May (buying online from where I live is a pain, since customs tend to feast on almost anything that passes through them).

IIRC, Suyama-san recommended burning in the Parterres for 100-150 hours, so it might sound even better after a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back