FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
Mar 1, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #691 of 768
So I`m picking up my Parterre tomorrow from a shop here in Tokyo (Chodi is to blame for me making this purchase, with his recent review) and while I`ve been waiting these past couple of days I`ve checked out what is available for cabling options here for Fitear. There is a huge range of cables, by Fitear, but also by other local makers with Fitear connectors.  Everything from us$50 up to one i saw today for around us$1,200.  If anyone wants to get a cable, feel free to PM me and we can work something out.  Fitear itself sells at least 6 cables here in the shops, in range of prices.  They also sell these mmcx adaptors which I am picking up tomorrow with my Parterre: 

If you`re interested, PM me!

David

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #692 of 768
  So I`m picking up my Parterre tomorrow from a shop here in Tokyo (Chodi is to blame for me making this purchase, with his recent review) and while I`ve been waiting these past couple of days I`ve checked out what is available for cabling options here for Fitear. There is a huge range of cables, by Fitear, but also by other local makers with Fitear connectors.  Everything from us$50 up to one i saw today for around us$1,200.  If anyone wants to get a cable, feel free to PM me and we can work something out.  Fitear itself sells at least 6 cables here in the shops, in range of prices.  They also sell these mmcx adaptors which I am picking up tomorrow with my Parterre: 

David

David,

Sorry for your wallet. I accept the blame. Now that we are friends we should talk more about tips and cables in this thread for the Parterre. The Parterre is particularly sensitive to both. Tips can be a very personal thing as one may work for someone and not for another. Our ears are all different. I haven't tried anything but the supplied cable for my Parterre yet, but I am planning to do so. We should share our results and suggestions here. I notice several sellers of cable with the standard Fitear connector on Ebay but I  know nothing about their quality.

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #694 of 768

David

to be honest, im not sure if these are of any use since you can either order fitear cables from most cable makers websites or you can just email them and theyd probably be able to get the right connectors to fit your fitear iem straight, theres not really much need to buy the converter at this juncture. i would think this would have been a godsend about 1-2 years back but not anymore

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #695 of 768

to be honest, im not sure if these are of any use since you can either order fitear cables from most cable makers websites or you can just email them and theyd probably be able to get the right connectors to fit your fitear iem straight, theres not really much need to buy the converter at this juncture. i would think this would have been a godsend about 1-2 years back but not anymore

I think the main reason for these is so that you can swap your cables from other iem's that you may own. For example the Shure 846 uses these as do others so you could easily swap cables.

Mar 1, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #696 of 768
How much are the conversion cables Dopaminer ? Thanks in advance.

Mar 1, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #697 of 768
Like Chodi said, the mmcx adapters are specifically for people who already have MMCX cables (like me) or who want to try something new like the Linum cables (like me).  Also remember a lot of people have balanced DAPs and amps and want to continue using their new Fitear from the balanced output without shelling out the full price of a new balanced cable (like me).

I`m fairly new to Fitear, but I can tell you that there are a wide range of Fitear-branded cables to choose from in the shops here,  the cheapest being about US$50.  They are all quite differenct in construction and plug style.  The Parterre I am getting is a `special version` for Yodobashi Camera, the huge electronics retailer here, and comes with the most expensive cable, the 000, which I will be selling immediately.    

I don`t know anything at all about the Ebay cables for Fitear.  I have generally had good luck with Ebay cables - I recently bought a 2.5TRRS to 3pinXLR adapter and it`s a nice little piece of work.  I`m not sure how proprietary the Fitear connectors are, if they are easy to copy, etc. 

As for tips, I will be using Spinfit exclusively because I do not get nearly as comfortable, long-lasting seal with any other tip.  But I would still love to read and share other people`s impressions and experiences.  

Oh, and please note that I chose the Parterre over the TG334 and Fit Ear models, based on sound quality.  Actually it was a toss-up between the Parterre and the Fit Ear, but I could get this special version of the Parterre for the same price, and without the long waiting period and having to show all the ID papers, etc.  

d

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #698 of 768
Looks like we have a new addition to the club :)

@Dopaminer: Haven't read much about the Fitear Fitear model, but how does it compare to the Parterre and TG334?

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #699 of 768
  Looks like we have a new addition to the club :)

@Dopaminer: Haven't read much about the Fitear Fitear model, but how does it compare to the Parterre and TG334?

Thank you very happy to be here!  I just had a multi-hour listening session with my new Parterre.  It is truly spectacular and I am enjoying it much more than my (now sold) SE846.  I think it is providing exactly what I was looking for : incredible detail and soundstage with a wonderful liquid smoothness....   I wonder if there will be a break-in period?  My brain is already fully accepting of the sound, and appreciates the power that comes with such delicate, refined and complex sound signature.   Better than I expected isolation, too. 

Unfortunately the Fitear 2.5 balanced cable I ordered hadn`t arrived yet from Fitear, and I don`t want to use the included TOTL `000` cable, so I bought a 003 cable to take with me until the 2.5 balanced arrives.  This way is actually better : getting used to the single-ended sound, and then (hopefully) hearing  the improvement with the switch to balanced. 

Regarding comparisons, I was underwhelmed by the 334, perhaps because I had the highest expectations for it, based on the sometimes over-the-top reviews.  I just felt it was trying to do the bass thing, but A-Bing back and forth with my DN-2000 (hybrid with dynamic woofer) the 334 was failing.  I felt the same about my SE846...  

Parterre vs Fitear, honestly, it was a dead heat.  They objectively sound different, but I just couldn`t get any subjective perspective on which was `better`.  In the end I went the practical route: took the available Parterre + 000 cable package for the same price as Fit Ear + standard cable  (my Parterre was actually hugely discounted; the two IEMs, with standard cables, are the same price.)  If I had gone for the Fit Ear, I would have had to fill out the application, provide ID, and pull out some utility bills or something to prove my address, all for the honor of joining the waiting list.  Gotta love Japan sometimes....

Finally, and this might be dumb, but the Parterre looks cooler.  

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #700 of 768
I got in some comply T-500 tips today. I ordered the large cause that was my best guess based on my using the largest tips in the lot supplied with the Parterre. They are a little too large as they cause pressure on my ear canal that is unpleasant. I can wear them but it would not be comfortable for long. They are also longer than the original tips and press on my inner ear so they are too long. I looked up their web site and I see they have lots of styles. I realize I must start with something that matches the shaft size of the Parterre. They have a guide on their site for lots of manufacturers but nothing for Fitear to suggest the correct size. Anyone here that has experience with Comply tips that can steer me to the correct size for the Parterre? I found it took some real effort to get the T-500 tip to mount on the Parterre shaft. I am guessing that their other models have even smaller openings which would not fit the Parterre? Any advice from someone who has been this route would be helpful.

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #701 of 768

Thank you very happy to be here!  I just had a multi-hour listening session with my new Parterre.  It is truly spectacular and I am enjoying it much more than my (now sold) SE846.  I think it is providing exactly what I was looking for : incredible detail and soundstage with a wonderful liquid smoothness....   I wonder if there will be a break-in period?  My brain is already fully accepting of the sound, and appreciates the power that comes with such delicate, refined and complex sound signature.   Better than I expected isolation, too. 

Sounds like you are quoting my review. The Fitear fitear model is not the same and is more in tune with the local Japanese style music. You made the right choice. There is a breakin period but it is very short. I found that 12 hours of burn in did wonders for them. I think you will find them even more spacious and the bass opens up after I burned them in overnight. After that I can't say I have noticed any change. I'm still looking for the perfect tips but, so far, the ones supplied are the best.

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #702 of 768
@Dopaminer: Awesome. Glad you're liking the Parterre. Suyama-san said it needs about 100-150hrs for burn in purposes, but since I got my unit secondhand, I don't know if it improved the sound.

@Chodi: I don't really have much experience with Comply foam tips, so I'm afraid I can't help you there.

Mar 2, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #703 of 768

David

David,

Sorry for your wallet. I accept the blame. Now that we are friends we should talk more about tips and cables in this thread for the Parterre. The Parterre is particularly sensitive to both. Tips can be a very personal thing as one may work for someone and not for another. Our ears are all different. I haven't tried anything but the supplied cable for my Parterre yet, but I am planning to do so. We should share our results and suggestions here. I notice several sellers of cable with the standard Fitear connector on Ebay but I  know nothing about their quality.

Chody, you review also made to go for the Parterres, double blame.
I purchased the starlight cable from Brian at BTG-Audio, hope it's a good match
I should be receiving both soon.

Thanks for a very good review

Luis

Mar 2, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #704 of 768
Chody, you review also made to go for the Parterres, double blame.
I purchased the starlight cable from Brian at BTG-Audio, hope it's a good match
I should be receiving both soon.

Thanks for a very good review

Luis

I also purchased a Starlight cable from Brian with the iBasso balanced connector. Beautiful work and it sounds great.

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #705 of 768
I also purchased a Starlight cable from Brian with the iBasso balanced connector. Beautiful work and it sounds great.

The balanced connector comes with a 4 pin xlr? I thought about that but I am using my Auralic Taurus to drive the Parterre and the balanced xlr would double the output gain as opposed to the standard trs jack. Too much gain I fear to allow for adjustment of the volume knob. What are you using that allows you to use fully balanced and keep the output reasonable for iem's? Of course I could lower the digital volume in my software by -10db to compensate but that is getting close to the area where it would affect the sound quality. I have ordered one custom cable but it is a standard 1/4 inch trs connector. The Taurus allows for both options and is dead silent with iem's out of the trs jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back