FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
Apr 29, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #721 of 768
Well if you are used to or like the bass of jh16 then you might be disappoint in Paterre. As Paterre has less bass in quantity compare to jh16. However, if you are looking for soundstage the airyness around instrument you are in for the treat as I listen to both paterre and 334 and love both of them.

does 334 have more bass than parterre? 

Apr 29, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #722 of 768
334 has a bit more bass quantity and quality than parterre.  Parterre shine more on orchestra or soundtrack(game sound track not lyric type sound track) as it give a feel of treble more present with lacking of bass.  If I have to choose one or the other I would choose 334 as I feel it is most versatile earphone for all genre. 

Apr 29, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #723 of 768
As I said in my review of the Parterre if you are a classical, jazz or acoustic music lover the Parterre is for you. If you listen to studio mult-track studio recordings of rock, techno, electronic or music with heavy bass lines the 334 would be a better choice. 

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #727 of 768
how do parterre compare to akg's K3003 ?

Apr 30, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #728 of 768
how do parterre compare to akg's K3003 ?

I have both and I much prefer the K3003 as I find them to sound more lifelike and spacious sounding than my Parterre's. They are also smaller and fit more compactly in my ears.

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #730 of 768
Apr 30, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #732 of 768
A removable cable over better sound???

Cable can improve sound

It is not better sound it is a different sound signature. You might prefer one over the other. The cable that comes with the Parterre gives it a warm touch in the mids and a full bass. I changed the cable to get a more balanced sound to my liking. I have heard some say that the Parterre is bass light but I think they do not understand that the Parterre fits a little differently than most iem's. It is not advisable to shove it into your ear canal. That can cause bass resonance and affect the mids. It is designed to be worn so that the tip just seals at the front of the ear canal. Using tips with deep insertion will spoil the sound and kill the soundstage effect.

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #733 of 768

It is not better sound it is a different sound signature. You might prefer one over the other. The cable that comes with the Parterre gives it a warm touch in the mids and a full bass. I changed the cable to get a more balanced sound to my liking. I have heard some say that the Parterre is bass light but I think they do not understand that the Parterre fits a little differently than most iem's. It is not advisable to shove it into your ear canal. That can cause bass resonance and affect the mids. It is designed to be worn so that the tip just seals at the front of the ear canal. Using tips with deep insertion will spoil the sound and kill the soundstage effect.

which means by using spinfit itkills the soundstage effect? .. hmm so what tips do u use? jvc spiral dots?
and what cable u are using now? i am looking for cable too. any cable to make rock music is more enjoyable?

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #734 of 768
   which means by using spinfit itkills the soundstage effect? .. hmm so what tips do u use? jvc spiral dots?
and what cable u are using now? i am looking for cable too. any cable to make rock music is more enjoyable?

Yes the spinfits kill it. I use the JVC Spiral Dot and they work perfectly for me. I also use a solid silver cable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back