FitEar MH334
Jun 11, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #16 of 28
Has anyone else done a comparison of these against the tg334?
I tried a pair of tg334 against the demo version of the MH334 at Jaben Singapore and the MH334 seems significantly better to my ears. Far better bass extension and just an overall higher level of crispness and depth. It also had a very intimate sound stage (vocals felt right up next to me). At louder volumes my ears seems to literally shake from the bass, I couldn't get anywhere near that experience from the tg334, although the mid top end was maybe smoother, but only marginally.

I was really hoping the tg334 would be the one for me but this experience has thrown a spanner in the works. Tried the MH335DW also, but it was too heavy handed on the mid to low bass for my taste, the demo MH334 was perfect though, and the fit for my ears was spot on too.

Now I wish I could buy the MH334 in the same "demo universal" design! Anyone know if this is possible??

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #17 of 28
  Has anyone else done a comparison of these against the tg334?
I tried a pair of tg334 against the demo version of the MH334 at Jaben Singapore and the MH334 seems significantly better to my ears. Far better bass extension and just an overall higher level of crispness and depth. It also had a very intimate sound stage (vocals felt right up next to me). At louder volumes my ears seems to literally shake from the bass, I couldn't get anywhere near that experience from the tg334, although the mid top end was maybe smoother, but only marginally.

I was really hoping the tg334 would be the one for me but this experience has thrown a spanner in the works. Tried the MH335DW also, but it was too heavy handed on the mid to low bass for my taste, the demo MH334 was perfect though, and the fit for my ears was spot on too.

Now I wish I could buy the MH334 in the same "demo universal" design! Anyone know if this is possible??

Interesting. DonnyHifi & I compared his MH334 & my TG!334 and found the MH334 had a better depth imaging but not as treble extended as the TG!334. But inyour finding, you felt the MH334 had more "crispness"? Did you find the MH334 have more trebles?

There's no MH334 universal IEM. As far as I know, the demos have their serials jotted down by FitEar. A couple of years ago there were some MH335DW demos that went to Russia and looks like that eventually were sold to the FitEar fans there (for a crazy price). I don't know since then if FitEar allows that anymore. But as for asking FitEar to make a generic pair, I highly doubt it.

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #18 of 28

Interesting. DonnyHifi & I compared his MH334 & my TG!334 and found the MH334 had a better depth imaging but not as treble extended as the TG!334. But inyour finding, you felt the MH334 had more "crispness"? Did you find the MH334 have more trebles?

There's no MH334 universal IEM. As far as I know, the demos have their serials jotted down by FitEar. A couple of years ago there were some MH335DW demos that went to Russia and looks like that eventually were sold to the FitEar fans there (for a crazy price). I don't know since then if FitEar allows that anymore. But as for asking FitEar to make a generic pair, I highly doubt it.

I think what I was describing as the "crispness" was a combination of the more intimate sound stage and the mid/treble presentation. I would probably say the TG!344 and the MH344 had the same treble extension but I did notice the high mids were a bit smoother and more "palatable" on the TG!344 - just felt slightly nicer for female vocals for example but male vocals I didn't really notice much difference - I'm not experienced enough to tell if that was because of the treble extension or the way the mids were presented though. 

I totally agree on the depth imaging though, it was night and day to me. From TG!344 to MH344 I had that immediate "Whoa!" experience.

Yeah, it's too bad. Honestly, I would have been happy to put down money right then and there for "that set" of MH344's that I demo'ed, it was just exactly what I was looking for, easy to put in and take out (unlike customs with their deep canal insertion) and super comfy with a great seal. Instead I left being told you can't buy them....

I fumbled my way through the FitEar site in Japanese and sent them an enquiry, but have yet to receive a response.

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #19 of 28
FitEar has pretty strict policies on how their earphones are procured. For international customers they leverage a lot on their distributors to proxy sales - naturally the distributors do it for a fee.

Quite often there's been requests of whether someone can travel to Japan and have one made directly with FitEar...save some money and have a holiday at the same time. Unfortunately FitEar's been clamping down on that option too and are open to Japan residents only. There has been the odd cases you'll read about that FitEar made a pair of CIEMs for some visitors in Japan but that's really been exceptional cases rather than the norm.

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #20 of 28
  FitEar has pretty strict policies on how their earphones are procured. For international customers they leverage a lot on their distributors to proxy sales - naturally the distributors do it for a fee.

Quite often there's been requests of whether someone can travel to Japan and have one made directly with FitEar...save some money and have a holiday at the same time. Unfortunately FitEar's been clamping down on that option too and are open to Japan residents only. There has been the odd cases you'll read about that FitEar made a pair of CIEMs for some visitors in Japan but that's really been exceptional cases rather than the norm.

That is very disappointing news, I had been planning to go to Japan later in the year before I heard the MH334 anyway, and hoped this would be an added perk if I gave up on universals and got the custom fit MH334 while I was there.
Jaben Singapore has a ludicrous mark up on FitEar too, I don't mind a bit of fat in there for a retail shop, but more than 50% is pretty excessive by my calcs (I guess there are a lot of rich Singaporeans that either don't care or don't know).

Jun 11, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #21 of 28
  I have a pair of these, running at 1,800USD they are one of the most expensive customs you can buy. The build quality is top notch, sound quality is excellent as well with a more mellow/neutral sound(SM3 like).

Hi Donnyhifi,

How do you find your MH334 when putting in / taking out?
I have a friend who has some custom JH16 and he tells me it's a bit of a chore due to deep canal insert but once their in they are really comfy. 
I've always been put off by customs, as I find myself taking my headphones in and out when travelling for various reasons all the time (ordering coffee, running into someone on the street etc) so I've been focusing on universal IEM but I really liked the sound of the MH334.

Jun 11, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #22 of 28
  Hi Donnyhifi,

How do you find your MH334 when putting in / taking out?
I have a friend who has some custom JH16 and he tells me it's a bit of a chore due to deep canal insert but once their in they are really comfy. 
I've always been put off by customs, as I find myself taking my headphones in and out when travelling for various reasons all the time (ordering coffee, running into someone on the street etc) so I've been focusing on universal IEM but I really liked the sound of the MH334.

Hi Swhyte,

Its very easy, easier than any universal I have ever tried(I've tried lots). The reason for this is because of the little notch(as per picture below) at the bottom of the earpiece. I use them at the gym all the time and they constantly are in and out while talking to the spotter/friend.

The Fitears don't sit as deep as some of the other customs but this doesn't affect the isolation. Overall the isolation is great since its a solid piece unlike some universals which are hollow.

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #27 of 28
Hi I hope this query finds well,

I recently bought the MH334 custom and was hoping it would hold up well to the other customs in the market. As far as my knowledge tells me, its strong point should lie on its vocals. I thought so too as the low mids are so overwhelming that at times it makes it seem foggy,muddy and even congested. I even chose it over the MH335 DW for clarity's sake, since that piece was too dark for my liking.

That is, until I put on a pair of Ultimate Ears Reference Remaster. I thought the mh334 should be better in the sense that it was voiced by mastering engineer "Mitsuhara Harada" and that it was probably used for mastering and monitoring purpose. However, the UERR seemed to do vocals more clear and even when pushed from my i phone 6+, it seemed that it had more details in clarity! My choice for the mh334 stemmed from the fact that I wanted a balanced piece that had monitoring like neutrality, yet was good at vocals. Unfortunately, the fit ear 435 is now discontinued and that was favourite piece.

I wonder if its just me thinking too much psychologically.I just can't find an area which the Fit ear mh334 could beat the UERR (I am aware how shallow this sounds, as I'm trying to justify my choice/purchase!). If anybody could help me out here, that would be great! Sorry for the rant too.

Jonathan.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #28 of 28
Anyone compared MH334 with some of Canal Works IEMs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back