FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Jan 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #211 of 902
Quote:
The F111's isolation, if worn with a good seal and a deep fit, is pretty much as isolating as it gets with universals. You can probably get more isolation with Etymotic and their triple flanges, but they feel horrible to my ears, and that's why I far prefer the F111. The customs-like isolation is difficult to achieve; it behaves differently from universals.

which tips works best with u? the ortofon tips? interesting to get them but abit ex. currently using sony medium hybrids with de-cored complys

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #213 of 902
Quote:
The graphs are both from FitEar's measuring system, so they're comparable to each other. The 22 ohm OI of the AK100 will pull the higher frequencies upward because of lessened damping, which is why the AK100-111is is tuned that way. Many people should feel that the ER4P would sound more like an ER4S (though not quite, but more like the fabled, but never released "ER4X" 50 ohm variant) when using it with the AK100.

Ah, that makes sense. So I guess simply put, if I use AK100-111is with low-impedance source I'll get a bassier F111, right?

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #214 of 902
Quote:
Ah, that makes sense. So I guess simply put, if I use AK100-111is with low-impedance source I'll get a bassier F111, right?

Er, I guess you could think of it that, way, yes. They're compensating for the high output impedance of the AK100 by altering the tonal balance of the AK100-111is to be darker, yes. If you pair the AK100-111is with an RWAK100 (which has 1 ohm OI), then the AK100-111is would most likely still have that darker sound. But the principle only works if it makes sense from an electronic standpoint. We can't verify anything because FitEar doesn't publish even impedance/sensitivity ratings, let along phase/impedance curves. I don't know exactly what they did to get that FR; however, this type of single, wideband BA driver usually works this way.

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #215 of 902
are there any CSD measurements done on these? I keep coming back looking at these... the Ety earphones are just a bit too uncomfortable for me. 
redface.gif

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #217 of 902
Quote:
Hopefully my pair will arrive this month. I placed my order in November of last year, but due to shortages and FitEar's redesigning their universals it's taken this long. I don't think I've ever waited so long for a pair of IEMs, universal or custom.

F111 in stock at MusicaAcoustics last night
Shipping orders today.  Please hold on few more days. Appreciate it much to all patient people around the globe.
Hope this delay never happens again.

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #220 of 902
I purchased mine from AmazonJP in late Jan, arrived early Feb. They are the revised model.
Generally, money well spent.
The only problems i have so far, is that they don't handle complicated passages very well, there's a bit of distortion/graininess in the highs, particularly with synths in electronic.

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #222 of 902
Quote:
I purchased mine from AmazonJP in late Jan, arrived early Feb. They are the revised model.
Generally, money well spent.
The only problems i have so far, is that they don't handle complicated passages very well, there's a bit of distortion/graininess in the highs, particularly with synths in electronic.

I thought it was only the TG334 that was getting a revision?

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #223 of 902
I don't think there was a person here on head-fi that formally translated the post.
Aside from that, mine came with a matte faceplate finish, which i'm assuming meets the criteria.
Edit: I took a look at the post, and it seems to mention Fitear334/111, but not limited to. "TO GO! 334や111のユニバーサル"

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #224 of 902
Quote:
I thought it was only the TG334 that was getting a revision?

Nope, F111 is getting minor lacquering changes and cable socket mechanism revision as well, hence the delayed shipments.
Quote:
I purchased mine from AmazonJP...

SINCE WHEN DID SUYAMA-SAN STARTED SELLING HIS PRODUCT VIA AMAZON.JP???
Quote:
I don't think there was a person here on head-fi that formally translated the post.
Aside from that, mine came with a matte faceplate finish, which i'm assuming meets the criteria.
Edit: I took a look at the post, and it seems to mention Fitear334/111, but not limited to. "TO GO! 334や111のユニバーサル"

I did and I'm pretty sure translated everything correctly, albeit not formally, if you're referring to FitEar's facebook/blog announcement regarding the revision :

http://www.head-fi.org/t/597146/fitear-to-go-334-suyamas-custom-iem-made-universal/2010#post_9126690

Mar 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #225 of 902
I gave a proxy the link to the f111's, it came in a new amazon box. Albeit, there is a possibility that they repackaged it.
If it is in your best interest that i produce more accurate statement to reflect the situation, i'll revise my statement; I purchased the f111 from a proxy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back