FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Jan 7, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #151 of 902
Quote:

You did well, e-earphone is a very serious store. They have a 90 days warranty policy for the second hand gear and a 15 days return policy for new gear and second hand gear. I've bought some second hand earphones/headphones from them and had trouble one time with a deficient earphones cable after few days of use, they changed the cable right away without asking me any question. Their after service is simply great.

And congrate for your F111
beerchug.gif

Wow and they have a Fitear 334 for under $1000usd! 

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #157 of 902
Is the F111 very revealing of poor quality tracks/low bitrate?

Also, are they good for vocals, pop and rock?

Looking for something that is transparent/airy with quite a big soundstage, but still have forward mids.

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #158 of 902
Quote:
Is the F111 very revealing of poor quality tracks/low bitrate?

Also, are they good for vocals, pop and rock?

Looking for something that is transparent/airy with quite a big soundstage, but still have forward mids.

Based on my extended listening session @Fujiya Avic last week :

Revealing of low-bitrate tracks? A BIG HUGE YES. To be honest just don't get F111 if you're just going to play low-bitrate tracks with it. (I have my SE215 for my low-bitrate tracks~)

Good for vocals? YES, especially for female vocals. F111 makes female vocals sounds.....Lusty.

Good for pop/rock? Maybe, maybe not. If you expect thunderous, full-bodied bass from your rock songs, no.

Big soundstage? Nope. The soundstage is well-defined, easy to tell the instrument placements, but no, not big. TG!334 is the big soundstage IEM.

F111 is basically just a more, uh, polite and calm Ety ER-4S put in a better package. Oh, and obviously way more expensive.

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #159 of 902
Quote:
[font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro']海外へのご配送は承っておりません。
We do not perform the delivery to the foreign territory.[/font]

Quoted directly from e-earphone website.

Yes, I think I asked that back when I lived in Korea. And, dead, very good summary I feel is spot on.

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #160 of 902
Quote:
That's the Impression I got when I test-listened Fujiya Avic's test unit yesterday. I was like, "whoa, these are bassier than I thought they would". It seems weird when looking at the FRgraph you posted in this thread, but there's definitely more bass presence than the graph would suggest. I can't really explain it well, but there's quite a bit of extra bass oomph in the form of fast, impactful thuds with quick decay, and bass extension is excellent as far as I can tell, especially considering that it's a single BA IEM. The rest seems to be spot on with other impressions on this thread : Smooth, fast transitions, lovely mids and healthy amount of treble to keep things exciting for my ears.
These seems to fit fast-paced, complex music best : nu-jazz, classics, piano solos, guitar solos and the like. Vocals, especially female vocals, are excellent too.
Oh, and is it just me or are they rather hissy when volume is cranked up? Could be because of the amp though. Tested using iPhone 4S + Apple lossless music + VentureCraft GoDAP borrowed from a friend.

The F111 pick up a lot of hiss, but not more than the 334 do. The hiss you heard was from the GoDAP. That thing is hissy as a pit full of baby vipers.

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #161 of 902
Quote:

Based on my extended listening session @Fujiya Avic last week :

Revealing of low-bitrate tracks? A BIG HUGE YES. To be honest just don't get F111 if you're just going to play low-bitrate tracks with it. (I have my SE215 for my low-bitrate tracks~)

Good for vocals? YES, especially for female vocals. F111 makes female vocals sounds.....Lusty.

Good for pop/rock? Maybe, maybe not. If you expect thunderous, full-bodied bass from your rock songs, no.

Big soundstage? Nope. The soundstage is well-defined, easy to tell the instrument placements, but no, not big. TG!334 is the big soundstage IEM.

F111 is basically just a more, uh, polite and calm Ety ER-4S put in a better package. Oh, and obviously way more expensive.

Thanks. I have no idea what the ER-4S sounds like though, all I know is that they are detailed/analytical and has good clarity. I can't decide between the CK100 or F111.
confused.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #162 of 902
Quote:
The F111 pick up a lot of hiss, but not more than the 334 do. The hiss you heard was from the GoDAP. That thing is hissy as a pit full of baby vipers.

I see. Should've brought my HP-P1/borrowed another amp to try with the F111. Any recommended portable amp that pairs well with the F111? Also, can you please recommend me alternative tips (preferably foam/tri-flange for the F111, ones that's in the package is not comfy for me :/
Quote:
Thanks. I have no idea what the ER-4S sounds like though, all I know is that they are detailed/analytical and has good clarity. I can't decide between the CK100 or F111.
confused.gif

I have no idea how the CK100 sounds (shigzeo would know), but I do know that CK100PRO's treble is too HOT for my ears. However, chances are CK100 has bigger-sized soundstage than F111. You should also consider about the F111's availability, brand new unit have been out of stock for a month-ish because FitEar can't keep up with the demands for it.

Jan 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #163 of 902
The more I read about these the more I have to have them.  I like how cohesive a lot of the single BA's I've had sound and these seem like one of the top, top-tier single BA especially for EDM.  Mids and soundstage are the 2 most important things in an IEM to me and the F111 seems like they excel at both so I can't wait tell I have an extra $600 laying around.

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #164 of 902
Quote:
The more I read about these the more I have to have them.  I like how cohesive a lot of the single BA's I've had sound and these seem like one of the top, top-tier single BA especially for EDM.  Mids and soundstage are the 2 most important things in an IEM to me and the F111 seems like they excel at both so I can't wait tell I have an extra $600 laying around.

Get a used ER4S and a suitable (not necessarily expensive) setup. Will save you a lot of money, and I personally don't think they are that far-off the F111, though YMMV. ER4S is already a high-end single BA and will give you a seamless midrange as well.

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #165 of 902
Quote:

Get a used ER4S and a suitable (not necessarily expensive) setup. Will save you a lot of money, and I personally don't think they are that far-off the F111, though YMMV. ER4S is already a high-end single BA and will give you a seamless midrange as well.

The ER-4S doesn't have enough bass and I like forward mids which they don't have either.  Even though I haven't heard the F111 all the impressions and reviews I've seen on them make the bass out to be pretty good and I think they'll have better impact and depth plus with the new amp I'm getting I can make them sound much better.  Also the mids of the F111 seem like they're exactly what I'm looking for even if the mids aren't as forward as the SM3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back