FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Dec 31, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #136 of 902
Quote:
frown.gif
or just overly sensitive to sibilance.

Most likely.

The F111 does seem smoother than both the PFE and ER4 --- especially the PFE --- though I wouldn't risk the $600 because I think you may just be sensitive to sibilance. What types of recordings did you use? Recordings factor a lot into sibilance, much more so than the earphones themselves.

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #137 of 902
yeah it is quite a big pricetag... hmm! I used various recordings, some intentionally bad ones to test it with. but the music is great... example songs would be The Appleseed Cast - Forever Longing the Golden Sunset, Thrice - Stare at the Sun, Yndi Halda - Dash and Blast, Kronos Quartet ft Kimmo Pohjonen - Plasma, Tool - Lateralus. some are great and some tbh are crap. but yeah, even the good ones I thought could be a bit fatiguing.
is the difference small? the word 'seems' is kind of doubtful here :p
thanks a lot!

Jan 1, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #139 of 902
yeah I think it might be risky indeed. should perhaps look into the 334. they seem so nice. all the craftmanship... I have the impression you are familiar with those?
thank you for the information :)

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #140 of 902
BTW, people, I don't know what has been going on, but the F111 seems to have more and more bass every single time I listen to it. I'm not sure if the filters are getting clogged, and therefore the treble doesn't stand out as much, or there are tuning variations between batches that deviate from the original tuning.

That's the Impression I got when I test-listened Fujiya Avic's test unit yesterday. I was like, "whoa, these are bassier than I thought they would". It seems weird when looking at the FRgraph you posted in this thread, but there's definitely more bass presence than the graph would suggest. I can't really explain it well, but there's quite a bit of extra bass oomph in the form of fast, impactful thuds with quick decay, and bass extension is excellent as far as I can tell, especially considering that it's a single BA IEM. The rest seems to be spot on with other impressions on this thread : Smooth, fast transitions, lovely mids and healthy amount of treble to keep things exciting for my ears.

These seems to fit fast-paced, complex music best : nu-jazz, classics, piano solos, guitar solos and the like. Vocals, especially female vocals, are excellent too.

Oh, and is it just me or are they rather hissy when volume is cranked up? Could be because of the amp though. Tested using iPhone 4S + Apple lossless music + VentureCraft GoDAP borrowed from a friend.

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #142 of 902
I am leaning towards placing an order for a 2nd-hand pair of F111 from e-earphone ; Have anyone dealt with e-earphone for 2nd-hand goods before? They seem to be trusty fellas, but more assurance couldn't hurt.

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #143 of 902
This thing sounded like a slightly more fleshed out and optimally-drived ER4S to my ears, which is very good. Unfortunately the price tag is high, but it might be worth it if you have been looking for a high-end single BA.

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #144 of 902
Quote:
  I am leaning towards placing an order for a 2nd-hand pair of F111 from e-earphone ; Have anyone dealt with e-earphone for 2nd-hand goods before? They seem to be trusty fellas, but more assurance couldn't hurt.

From all that I've heard of them, they seem to be one of the few true good guys in the business, and the people working there are supposed to all be true enthusiasts, as opposed to a larger-scale business like Fujiya-AVIC. I had a friend who bought a second-hand FitEar Private 333 (the fit was perfect for his ears) last year.

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #147 of 902
Decided to go ahead and order the 2nd-hand F111 from e-earphone, set to arrive in 3 days *_* Can't wait for it to arrive. Is there any foam/tri-flange tip that fits the nozzle bore of F111? The dual flange tip that comes with the F111 did not fit my ears when I tried it, and the normal silicone tips is not sealing well 
confused_face.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #148 of 902
Quote:

Quote:
Decided to go ahead and order the 2nd-hand F111 from e-earphone, set to arrive in 3 days *_* Can't wait for it to arrive. Is there any foam/tri-flange tip that fits the nozzle bore of F111? The dual flange tip that comes with the F111 did not fit my ears when I tried it, and the normal silicone tips is not sealing well 
confused_face.gif

You did well, e-earphone is a very serious store. They have a 90 days warranty policy for the second hand gear and a 15 days return policy for new gear and second hand gear. I've bought some second hand earphones/headphones from them and had trouble one time with a deficient earphones cable after few days of use, they changed the cable right away without asking me any question. Their after service is simply great.

And congrate for your F111
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back