FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Jul 19, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #17 of 902
Quote:
  Nice post music; makes me want to hear them! Is there a FR graph somewhere for these?

a5638d5a_EtymoticFitEar_FR_ER4S_111.jpeg

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #18 of 902
Nice post music; makes me want to hear them! Is there a FR graph somewhere for these?

Not that I know of, but I'll copy and paste what tomscy2000 posted on the TO GO! 334 thread when the 111s were announced:

"In early July 2012, FitEar introduced a second model to the TO GO! universal line with the TO GO! 111.

Sporting a lower profile body and an integrated titanium sound bore, the 111 is voiced very similarly to the venerable Etymotic ER4S." Tom posted the following ER-4S FR graph:

EDIT: I see someone beat me to it by 9 seconds. :wink:

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #19 of 902
Thanks for your early impressions, G. Very insightful and helpful as usual. I was on the fence about trying these given that I own the 334, but I'm too curious about them now not to, so I'll be placing an order for them this weekend.

Being the resident FitEar TO GO shill (along with Tom), how can I not? ; )

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #20 of 902
Quote:
Thanks for your early impressions, G. Very insightful and helpful as usual. I was on the fence about trying these given that I own the 334, but I'm too curious about them now not to, so I'll be placing an order for them this weekend.

Being the resident FitEar TO GO shill (along with Tom), how can I not? ; )

Oh dear, not another FitEar shill on this thread!  :wink:

Looking forward to your take on the 111s, MF.

Here's a perfect example of where a VERY solid IEM like the 111 excels and is put to the test. Lower frequencies are rendered masterfully, without a hint of distortion or sloppiness -- you can pick up every single note. The drumming & percussion, as well as the guitar playing, get very tricky and become rather difficult to be reproduced competently, and the very fast guitar lines are very hard to render adequately with most other phones I've heard. This particular track needs to be listened to in its entiretyto be able to adequately judge the performance of the 111s (or other phones). This album, in particular, is very hard to enjoy on almost every phone I've ever tried because of the very particular way it was recorded and mastered. Things become more demanding/complex at 5:15.

Jul 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #25 of 902
Quote:
Hi, nice reviews. I would like to know how is the isolation and microphonics of the 111s.

You get Westone/Shure type isolation. ie excellent.

I spoke of microphonics in my first post on this thread.

One thing I haven't mentioned, though, is that the 111 cable (which is not the same as the TO GO! 334 cable) is completely tangle-free, like no other earphone cable I've come across, except for the CK10 & CK100 (both having the same cable type), but those were much thicker, so I prefer the 111 cable. God knows what sort of material FitEar uses to make the 111 cables 100% tangle free, but I guess such material, after all, may contribute to some of the microphonics these phones have. The shirt-clip is very well designed, though, and does the job it's meant to do properly -- I don't use it, though.

Having mostly focused on the 111 sonics so far, I didn't mention the workmanship on these phones, which is absolutely superb. As far as I know, these are not mass-produced phones, and the attention to detail is absolutely first rate. Unlike the Westone removable cables for the UM3X & UM2 (and I'd imagine the W4), the 111 cables are on another level design-wise, ie I can see the Westone cables failing at the connection point (were they connect to the housings) over time -- not so with the 111s, and not like the rubbish Shure swivel type cable, which, although seemingly very well designed, has proved to be, er... very poorly designed in the end, as there have been many reports of cable failure. The Shure mechanism was a clever idea that proved not very clever, but I spoke about that a couple of years ago on the SE535 thread. .

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #28 of 902
The "requirement for deep insertion to get optimum sound quality" is only in the desire to get as perfect a seal as possible. It has nothing to do with the distance of the sound tube to your ear drum or anything. To wit, a pair of Shure Olives fit perfectly at shallow depth, are comfortable, and seal far better than even the triple-flanges did when I properly, deeply, put them in my ear.

Quote:

I'm afraid I haven't. I'd been wanting to try the ER-4P/S for about 10 years and have nearly pulled the trigger at least 5 times, but I do know for a fact that I would have serious fit issues, as the Etymotic fit (read: deep, deep insertion required to get optimum SQ) would hurt my ears. Also, I've nearly always had comfort issues with bi/tri-flange tips AND foam tips.

Jul 20, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #30 of 902
Seems the TO GO! 111 may be out of stock, too --- it's not currently showing on the FUJIYA  AVIC online shop --the only online shop that seemed to carry the TG! 111s-- so, obviously, PriceJapan isn't showing them, either. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back