Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13, 5:K10, 4:BD4.2, 3:A12, 2:W500, 1:SE5U)
Oct 7, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #586 of 1,062
Wait, people sweat in their ears? :O I play soccer every day and I've never really been sweating in my ears. Outside and around my ears sure but that's because of my hair. But inside? Never.

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #587 of 1,062
  Wait, people sweat in their ears? :O I play soccer every day and I've never really been sweating in my ears. Outside and around my ears sure but that's because of my hair. But inside? Never.

Oh yeah, your ears can sweat!  Maybe not dripping sweat, but sweat nonetheless.
wink_face.gif

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #588 of 1,062
  Oh yeah, your ears can sweat!  Maybe not dripping sweat, but sweat nonetheless.
wink_face.gif

Bummer! In that case I will stick to full size headphones from now on
biggrin.gif

pilot-sweating.gif

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #589 of 1,062
You can sweat into your ears.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #590 of 1,062

I think it's more of liquefying ear wax? I've have the so called ear sweat and it's not due to sweat entering your ear. After I put my ciem inside, it starts to get a little moist and I can hear the sound of the moisture touching the acrylic.

But really @mim silicon makes it worse? I hope it's liveable with my se5 ( hasn't come yet )

Oct 9, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #592 of 1,062
anyone notice that the lear ciems are pretty "thick"? i mean in terms of size. the housing seems very bulky. do they stick out a lot more than other brands? it won't probably affect the fitting and things but the ratio of the whole piece looks strange. just not appealing, let's put it this way. even their lower end 2 driver model has that big housing.

Oct 9, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #593 of 1,062
anyone notice that the lear ciems are pretty "thick"? i mean in terms of size. the housing seems very bulky. do they stick out a lot more than other brands? it won't probably affect the fitting and things but the ratio of the whole piece looks strange. just not appealing, let's put it this way. even their lower end 2 driver model has that big housing.

I've seen Jason's stable of earphones, and I think the BD4.2 is his biggest CIEM, so yeah, I am inclined to agree. The K10, A12, and Roxanne, with their 10 and 12 drivers look positively miniscule next to it.

Oct 10, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #594 of 1,062

Cool, cool. I have also heard that TOTL CIEMs objectively produce a better sound than headphones. More detail, more clarity etc. and above all, better isolation which could lead to a better sound.

Some people have told me that the only thing about headphones that is better than CIEMs is the soundstage but I don't really care about soundstage THAT much. I much more care about low end, midrange and high end.

Also the cool thing about Spiral Ears I discovered is that they are in Europe which makes it much more cheaper for me. I don't want to spend $1000 to ship from Europe to USA. :)

Wow...i listened side by side SE5, EM32, Encore, fit ear, tralucent  etc and the LCD3(for exemple) with good amp/dac DESTROYED the TOTL Ciem. I think this people have a bad association(dac/amp) with their headphone....

Oct 10, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #596 of 1,062
Oct 11, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #597 of 1,062
i have a question jelt2350, you put the k10 in rankings number 5 and number 1 in this thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746615/71-iem-brief-review-thread-incl-rhine-monitors-cleartune-customart

how they came to be number 5?

too bad you didnt do fit a bat reviews for all 71 iems 
wink_face.gif

Oct 11, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #598 of 1,062
  i have a question jelt2350, you put the k10 in rankings number 5 and number 1 in this thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746615/71-iem-brief-review-thread-incl-rhine-monitors-cleartune-customart

how they came to be number 5?

too bad you didnt do fit a bat reviews for all 71 iems 
wink_face.gif

Well those were under very different conditions- impressions/ brief reviews. Could not really AB them properly, and just writing some impessions. These, are my own personal pair, and I spent months listening to them and AB-ing them extensively. So things are bound to be different. Also those were all demo pairs- these are my own custom fit pair. In my experience demo vs customs typically has a huge difference in sound.

Doing FFAB for all 71 IEMs... Maybe in a few years... LOL.

Oct 11, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #599 of 1,062
  Well those were under very different conditions- impressions/ brief reviews. Could not really AB them properly, and just writing some impessions. These, are my own personal pair, and I spent months listening to them and AB-ing them extensively. So things are bound to be different. Also those were all demo pairs- these are my own custom fit pair. In my experience demo vs customs typically has a huge difference in sound.

Doing FFAB for all 71 IEMs... Maybe in a few years... LOL.

Start now, and it still may be a few years! 
wink_face.gif
  Plus requests for comparisons with ciems not on the list!  LOL

Oct 12, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #600 of 1,062
First, thanks for the amazing reviews you've posted.
They are very much appreciated.

I have one question for the thread at large.
Which of these (not too many?) are available in the U.S. for demo listening?
Are some of them on display at CanJam?

I'm in the market for a iem to go with my GO V2+ (when it gets here :) ) but am trying to figure out if these TOL iem will be nearby for listening tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back