Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13, 5:K10, 4:BD4.2, 3:A12, 2:W500, 1:SE5U)
Oct 30, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #661 of 1,062

The upcoming iBasso DX80 might also be a very interesting dap in that price range.
I'm considering it myself to replace my 'old' DX90
smily_headphones1.gif

I am not familiar with iBasso's Sound signature since the last time I auditioned the DX50 I find it a bit too dark for my liking. But who knows, I might be proven wrong once the DX80 came out.

Though I am eye-ing on the Fiio X7. But...that thing's a bit pricey. :/

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #665 of 1,062
  it's a cheaper option to upgrading earphone or dap, if you are not going deeper into this.

N5 is currently my target for DAP upgrade since I for one cannot see myself spending more than MYR2000 (USD 450+) on a single DAP when I could've used it to afford better earphones instead.

And it's priced really well here (About MYR 1500+, which is USD $350).

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #666 of 1,062
Oct 31, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #668 of 1,062
  Hi. Malaysian here. Just trying the JH5 Pro today at Nu Sentral, then, when I got recommended the AAW series...I was curious.

I auditioned the AAW W500 AHMorph.

My impression can only be summed up in one sentence:

I don't think I'll ever listen to any other IEMs for bass. This thing's bass is downright chilling to the core...I absolutely love it the first time I auditioned it, and from someone who listen to folklore indie pop like Of Monsters and Men...I am completely addicted to its bass. It's so outright powerful and trembling that it sends chills down. I honestly never expected it to be THIS good.

The vocals are outright amazing too to my ears.

I am sorry if I am sounding noob-ish on this, because I am only recently starting to get into custom IEMs.

Due to budget trouble, I plan to save up for the A2H Pro Hybrid due to its impressive sound signature as well. :D

AAW is a damn good brand. :D

Also @jelt2359

Have you any impressions on other AAW products aside from their flagship? 

Yes, that's exactly how I'd describe the W500 AHMorph's bass. It's really special, and every basshead looking for a top-end CIEM should give them a try.

To be frank, since getting them, all of my other IEMs/CIEMs have taken a back seat - nothing does bass better in an IEM than the W500. It's well textured, has thunderous bass, and has very good sub-bass extension. With good punch and sufficient mid-bass quantity, they sound absolutely fantastic with my genre of choice, EDM.

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #669 of 1,062
Hey guys, how thin are the sound tubes on the AAW500? I was told the bass tube on the K10 is very tiny and very difficult to clean if blocked, wondering if the AAW500 is similar?

For reference, I think the Savant's bores are huge!

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #670 of 1,062
  Hey guys, how thin are the sound tubes on the AAW500? I was told the bass tube on the K10 is very tiny and very difficult to clean if blocked, wondering if the AAW500 is similar?

For reference, I think the Savant's bores are huge!

i just got my W500 today and the bores are not so small that they can't be cleaned..it's accessible. 

but dayuuuuum son, the bass out of the box is slamming. i usually don't listen to so much EDM but i can't stop myself with the W500s!

(marks on the surface are no scratches, just my oily fingers) 

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #671 of 1,062

i just got my W500 today and the bores are not so small that they can't be cleaned..it's accessible. 

but dayuuuuum son, the bass out of the box is slamming. i usually don't listen to so much EDM but i can't stop myself with the W500s!

(marks on the surface are no scratches, just my oily fingers) 

Absolutely beautiful. :)

I really hope you enjoy your W500 as much as I do with the universal audition. xD

Even though I'll only get the A2H Pro for now... 
frown.gif

And I am glad you have agreement with my amateurish impressions on universal demo alone, Malevolent. I truly fell in love with their sound signature. I am gonna do a repeated audition next Friday. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #672 of 1,062
  Absolutely beautiful. :)

I really hope you enjoy your W500 as much as I do with the universal audition. xD

Even though I'll only get the A2H Pro for now... 
frown.gif

And I am glad you have agreement with my amateurish impressions on universal demo alone, Malevolent. I truly fell in love with their sound signature. I am gonna do a repeated audition next Friday. 
biggrin.gif

oh man, if you thought the universal variant was good, you should really try to get customs as soon as you can. I thought the universals sounded fantastic, but my customs seem to take things up a notch with deeper and tighter bass. 

The sound signature remains the same, but the bass is quite abit deeper with more slam. 

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #673 of 1,062

oh man, if you thought the universal variant was good, you should really try to get customs as soon as you can. I thought the universals sounded fantastic, but my customs seem to take things up a notch with deeper and tighter bass. 

The sound signature remains the same, but the bass is quite abit deeper with more slam. 

I'll take your word for it...I am just trying to get the A2H Custom for now. :D

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #675 of 1,062
Still have to hear the difference between a univ and custom, but will be hearing Kerouac's univ Solar soon

I've heard a lot. I don't think it's just due to fit too; demos are built with a driver placement that are by necessity (because of differing ear shapes) different from customs. There's some art involved in building customs, ain't just about throwing drivers in a shell and calling it a day! If they do it well though, you'll hear exactly what's intended because all the placement is customised to your ears.

This is also why I'm personally not keen on third party refits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back