Fischer Audio Draco Quick Review
Nov 30, 2010 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3
Fischer Audio Draco Quick Review

Brief:  Fischer Audio make a portable headphone for those who miss the ‘80’s

Price:  I have no idea; I couldn’t find anywhere selling it, even ebay

Specification:  20-20000 Hz  105 dB 32 Ohms 150 mW

Accessories:  Erm none really

Build Quality:  Nothing fell apart and all was solid to the touch, but it looks like it wouldn’t last.  Cable felt pretty solid.

Isolation:  Meh, not really very much.

Microphonics:  None.

Comfort/Fit:  Comfort was okay for me but I know it wasn’t for someone else so it’s a really depends on your ears kinda thing.  Fit was fine and I can’t really see anyone having too much of a problem.  If you have a small head you might as these can go huge but not very tiny.

Aesthetics:  Oh the 80’s called and wanted their headphones back.  Not sure what Fischer were going for here, I guess Russia didn’t really get the whole 80’s walkman and headphone thing so maybe they see as retro chic?  I don’t.  They nook naf and up close they scream cheap nasty 80’s plastic.  On the bright side you won’t get run over with their day glow colours and no one will steel them!

Sound:  These came to me with a note attached, VERY uncomfortable, tacky design, cack sound, AVOID.  So I was expecting these to be crap and they just aren’t.  Now let’s not get carried away, I’m not saying these are great but they are balanced and well controlled making a really inoffensive sound.  Sure they don’t engage me terribly but they don’t actually make any horrific mistakes and I find I could listen to these for hours and not want to rip them from head screaming.  They also have a very distant quality which while making them even cloudier they do off a nice relaxed presentation that after a bit I quite liked.  It’s hard to say how well these do as I don’t know what their price will be but it can’t be much given how they look.  A quick AB with a pair of Senn HD218 instantly confirms the Draco’s sound superior.  The Dracos sound just so much more expansive and airy.  It’s a nice dry balanced sound and I like it.

Value:  Well I have no idea as I don’t know what they cost but assuming it’s rather low they sound pretty nice.  Looks and build here are less impressive and if I saw these is a shop id assume they were toy headphones than actually real.  Something for Toy ‘R’ Us to stock perhaps?

Pro’s:  Ain’t nobody gonna mug you for these, relive those 80’s memories, cassettes are making a comeback I here and these will help you look the part, sound actually not bad

Con’s:  Fell out of the ugly tree and hit more a than a few branches, oh they scream day glow cheap plastic

Thanks to Advanced Headphones www.advancedheadphones.co.uk for the samples

Jan 18, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #2 of 3
these look a lot like skullcandy lowriders style wise.

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #3 of 3
I am currently reviewing a pair and was told by Fischer they RRp for £15 ($27) which is not shabby, they sound quite nice i think. Now the most dynamic and the bass would be helped by a tighter fit to the ears and a better seal. However the build does replicate the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back