Fischer Audio DBA-02 VS Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10
Mar 22, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #16 of 22
I really just meant better as in better for me.
I probably should have lurked more before posting but I found both of them for sale locally and I wanted a quick answer.
I'm still not sure which one to buy but I'm learning more towards the DBA.

Mar 22, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #18 of 22
If they are for sale locally, you should just bring an mp3 player with you and try them out.  You should know instantly which signature you prefer.

Mar 22, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
Hmm, but Triple.fi is 32 Ohms. Isn't it supposed to be easy to power with such low impedance? I don't see how it will benefit much from more powerful amps. It will certainly benefit from higher quality amps and DACs though that are better at driving low impedance phones.

i dont really get it either, on paper it shouldnt need it but just going by what ive used it with its never responded very well with unamped sources.  throw an amp at them and they come alive

Mar 22, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #20 of 22

Quote:
i dont really get it either, on paper it shouldnt need it but just going by what ive used it with its never responded very well with unamped sources.  throw an amp at them and they come alive

I dont have an amp for my headphones yet, but I agree with the TF10's needing some juice; since they really come alive when you crank the volume a bit.
OT: I'm still a n00b when it comes to DAP's, but are there particular devices that offer an "all-in-one" solution for amping and clean sound?

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #21 of 22
Just wondering,
Which one would be better? Normally listen to rock/alternative (Muse?) and some K-Pop :S
Both for the same price, not too sure which one would be better for me
Probably for use with a HTC Desire HD and a Fiio E5 (unless i can be bothered getting a dedicated player...)

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
the TF10's need a bit a power to be driven properly but once they are they have no trouble besting the dba's

Lol, my Arrow and DACPort have enough juice to show me how incapable and inadequate the TF10 is.  It does nothing remarkable in anyway except if you prefer it's soundstage presentation.  

On a side note, anytime a number of people say a phone has good and balanced bass presence but others say it lean or bass light that should indicate the problem is not w/ the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back