First UE11 Impressions
Sep 13, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #1,396 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DSCN1093-1.jpg

Congrats. Vicky! They just looks so... you!
beerchug.gif

Maybe they could put a nice Santa pic on a pair for me. Hmmm...

Sep 25, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #1,397 of 1,600
I just got my UE11s back after being without them for a short while (one of the earpieces needed a fit adjustment). While the UE11s were out, I spent a lot of time with my Westone ES2s.

As I write this, I am sitting at my dining room table with my now-properly-fitting UE11s on my Rockboxed iPod, going through a playlist of old favorites.

Now, the Westones have an edge in the value-for-performance department--as another poster once wrote, the Westones provide much more than half the sonic performance of the UE11s at about half the price.

Nonetheless, being without the UE11s for a while really has underscored for me what the they have over the ES2s: UE11s transport you. They put you in the middle of the performance. The listening experience is like a mini-vacation.

Is "being there" worth the big investment? That's an individual thing, but if IEMs fill a void in your headphone lineup and music is as big a part of your life as it is mine, it's an easy decision to make.

Sep 26, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #1,399 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Linthicum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my UE11s back after being without them for a short while (one of the earpieces needed a fit adjustment). While the UE11s were out, I spent a lot of time with my Westone ES2s.

As I write this, I am sitting at my dining room table with my now-properly-fitting UE11s on my Rockboxed iPod, going through a playlist of old favorites.

Now, the Westones have an edge in the value-for-performance department--as another poster once wrote, the Westones provide much more than half the sonic performance of the UE11s at about half the price.

Nonetheless, being without the UE11s for a while really has underscored for me what the they have over the ES2s: UE11s transport you. They put you in the middle of the performance. The listening experience is like a mini-vacation.

Is "being there" worth the big investment? That's an individual thing, but if IEMs fill a void in your headphone lineup and music is as big a part of your life as it is mine, it's an easy decision to make.

Wow. Your post is the first one to make me really want the UE11Pro over my Livewires, SE530 customs or Freq Show. Thanks a lot
frown.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #1,401 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You needed some anecdotal stories to realize the UE11 are pretty nice IEMs?

No, only to make me really want the UE11Pro over my Livewires, SE530 customs or Freq Show.

Sep 28, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #1,402 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Linthicum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE11s transport you. They put you in the middle of the performance. The listening experience is like a mini-vacation.

I couldn't have described the experience any better. After a long, hectic day of medical school, nothing beats reclining in my lazy-e-boy with my eyes closed and being immersed in euphonous sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #1,403 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by user1029 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't have described the experience any better. After a long, hectic day of medical school, nothing beats reclining in my lazy-e-boy with my eyes closed and being immersed in euphonous sound
smily_headphones1.gif

That's not fair, I never got to rest in medical school
frown.gif
!

Sep 29, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #1,405 of 1,600
I got a question that might be stupid. Lets say i buy UE11 today. How many years before i would have to change them becouse the shape of my ears would have changed and the fit would not be perfect anymore ?

Second: when u "change" them after that, u have to pay the full price ?

Sep 29, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #1,406 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by TStewart422 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but things were a lot harder in 1946!
smily_headphones1.gif

But I waited until 1984 to go.

Anyways, I think after a pair of Stax SR-007 the UE11Pro may have to be my next and hopefully last headphone purchase.

Hah!

Sep 29, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #1,407 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I waited until 1984 to go.

Anyways, I think after a pair of Stax SR-007 the UE11Pro may have to be my next and hopefully last headphone purchase.

Hah!

Yeah, I'm in a similar situation as you (except that I was born in '85!). I've been using the LiveWires for several months and love everything but reproduction of bass. Unfortunately, the only headphones that got it right for me were the Shure SE530s, but they were lacking in comfort and highs. The LWs, on the other hand, get the latter right but not the former. They are certainly accurate in the bass realm, I just like to hear it a little more. The iPod's equalizer does little more than distort, so I can't go in that direction.

But, like you, I'm saving up to buy the UE11s and it will, hopefully, fulfill my IEM need.

Now, onto replacing the Sennheiser HD-280s that were stolen!

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:23 AM Post #1,408 of 1,600
Hey guys,

I've been using the UE-10 for about 3 years now.They're amazing IEM's but i want something new and different. As far as i understand by reading all the comments here, the UE-11's are warmer sounding and beat the UE-10's in all aspects.

I was wondering how the UE-11's sound unamped from an Iphone 3g compared to the UE-10's. I have been using the UE-10's unamped ever since i've bought them. If the UE-11's sound noticably better than the UE-10 without an amp i will get them. I hope some of you guys could provide me with some info on this.

Oct 12, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #1,409 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's not fair, I never got to rest in medical school
frown.gif
!

hah I cherish those free moments dearly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back