FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Jan 15, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #662 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I changed the pictures to links, the OP is free to rehost/resize them and edit his own post again if he so chooses.

Thank you very much!

Jan 15, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #663 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well good thing this isnt camera-fi then :p

It ISNT ? Jeebus - approaching a couple of thousand posts and NOW you tell me ! Explains a hell of a lot, tho ....

That is the last time I follow the first link Google throws back at me. (Who knew 'Old Trannies' wasnt a website for folk who missed the transistor radios of their youth ??)

Jan 15, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #664 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by sohels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. Good to see firms looking beyond mainland China.

We go where the smaller production base is, there is really not much choice for any vendor who has to compete aggressively. These days, it is hard to tell where the product is made, even the label can be misleading. In some cases, nearly the entire product was manufactured in China, then it gets shipped to a high labor country (Europe, USA whatever) for "final assembly and test". It is then turn around as "Made in Your-favorite-Country".

If you walk in to one of these major OEM factory (most of them own by the Taiwanese), you will see just about every major brands (ya, all of them).
The largest of them is Foxconn (see Wiki info here Foxconn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for electronics. The place where all your iPod, Apple, Dell, HP are made is huge, imagine a factory (well, more like a town) that can house 100,000 people
smily_headphones1.gif
. There are other huge OEM for speaker drivers, speaker enclosures, etc.

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:40 AM Post #665 of 1,841
The most important question though, is who are the girls modeling all your gear?
wink.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #666 of 1,841
Jan 15, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #667 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzarg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thing is puny! I finally figured out that uDAC meant micro-DAC, not You-DAC.

It's got a clear micro on the packaging, but the NuForce website uses a "u". Most of our computers can deal with the micro character these days. On my Mac, it's typed with option-m:

[size=x-large]µDAC[/size]

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #668 of 1,841
Just got mine minutes ago. My RE0's really come to life with the uDac

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #669 of 1,841
Does the blue LED ever go off? Or will it always be on when it's plugged into a USB port?

Jan 15, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #671 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzarg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone's interested, I posted pics of my uDAC here:
http://forums.av123.com/showthread.p...659#post751659

This thing is puny! I finally figured out that uDAC meant micro-DAC, not You-DAC.

Just like the AMB y1 DAC is = Gamma 1 DAC

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #672 of 1,841
@jasonl:
You wrote that the µDAC utilizes the ESS9022 because for you this was the best sounding option in your price range. Can we assume that your new Icon HDP will utilize an ESS Sabre DAC, too?

(Sorry if this got covered in another thread, couldn't find anything about the Icon HDP though.)

best regards.
bearmann

Jan 15, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #673 of 1,841
Hello

I just received this DAC and I would like to know which option will result in the best sound quality.

screenshot1no.png

What is the difference between Analog Stereo Output and Digital Stereo Duplex?

Jan 16, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #674 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by bearmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@jasonl:
You wrote that the µDAC utilizes the ESS9022 because for you this was the best sounding option in your price range. Can we assume that your new Icon HDP will utilize an ESS Sabre DAC, too?

(Sorry if this got covered in another thread, couldn't find anything about the Icon HDP though.)

best regards.
bearmann

+1

'For $399, you get:
1) The best headphone amp in the world.
2) The best 24bit/96Khz USB DAC
3) Very good S/PDIF DAC
4) Very good preamp

Icon HDP is high-end performance at mass market pricing.
'

I really interested this thing. Even half performance at pointing these words with 400 price range would be a real giant killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back