FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce NE-700X earphones / IEM (non-mic version) - post your thoughts here
Mar 9, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #166 of 235
I am using the Ear Tips small for NE-7M, in my case has a better seal than the stock tips.
I have complaints for the microphone ... I like the old design.

Curiously I prefer the NE-7M with ear tips that come with NE-700M, also work well.

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #168 of 235
I have the same problem .... I think that's normal.
anything that does not solve a very small drop of Loctite :D

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #169 of 235

Quote:
quick question, is the wire for the left ear bud of the 700X loose? Mine can go up and down. But the right earbud is fine. and I am not sure if it is a defect or normal. 

This is normal.  Note that the right ear bud does not move because the rubber ring is blocking it.

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #170 of 235
Actually the failure rate for the old mic is extremely high so we went with the newer and bigger mic button.

Quote:
I am using the Ear Tips small for NE-7M, in my case has a better seal than the stock tips.
I have complaints for the microphone ... I like the old design.

Curiously I prefer the NE-7M with ear tips that come with NE-700M, also work well.

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #171 of 235
We confirmed with Comply that the 200 series foam ear tips will fit the NE-700 series.

Quote:
Hey, yeah, my first 700Ms had recessed mids, the bass and the treble were fine but the mids were nowhere to be found.  I sent them back and got a replacement within three days.  The replacements are outstanding, a clear step up from the NE-7s. 

I use a Headstage Arrow every now and then and the 700Ms are the only ones I never use bass boost with.  If you're not getting bass I would guess that it is either a seal issue or a defect.

I will say that I still struggle to get the right seal myself.  It's spot on at times but slips easily.  I'm going to try the Sony Hybrids soon.  But other than the stock tips, I have been very, very pleased with the 700Ms. 

May 17, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #173 of 235
Bought these about a week ago and I think I'm getting an abnormal amount of sibilance -- it's almost unbearable sometimes. I'm not sure whether it's just a faulty set, or if it's my media players (rockbox'd gen 4 iPod, foobar).  Any ideas on what I might do?

May 27, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #176 of 235
First post after a year of ghosting haha =)
NE-700x rox and has become my fave buds to tow around... transparent enough, and nice balanced bass. On the warm side.

Wish they provided tips in between the small and medium ones. Isolation is only so so on the small ones, and the medium one doesn't sit well. Thought of comply but that's like a quarter of the price of these IEMs.

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #177 of 235
I just my pair 0f 700X yesterday and boy do they thump. I tried some more expensive Grado and EarSonics SM3V2, and prefer the 700X, and saved a lot of coin as a bonus. They could be a little lighter and smaller,  but no big deal. Way to go Jason!

Jun 18, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #178 of 235
Bought my NE-700x earphones recently but just starting to listen to them.  Mostly lossless files on a MacBook Pro through Fidelia music player.  Very pleased right out of the box.  Only question for me is should I get some Comply foam tips instead of the stock tips on the 700x?  If I understand correctly the Comply tips would provide better isolation (not needed for me anyway) and possibly better fit (might be of benefit).  Read someone's comment on improved soundstage when using the Complys but not sure how that would come about unless it's a result of better isolation.

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #179 of 235

Quote:
Bought my NE-700x earphones recently but just starting to listen to them.  Mostly lossless files on a MacBook Pro through Fidelia music player.  Very pleased right out of the box.  Only question for me is should I get some Comply foam tips instead of the stock tips on the 700x?  If I understand correctly the Comply tips would provide better isolation (not needed for me anyway) and possibly better fit (might be of benefit).  Read someone's comment on improved soundstage when using the Complys but not sure how that would come about unless it's a result of better isolation.

I've read that the Comply T-400 tips work great on the 700x and I just ordered the NuForce NE-700X along with Comply T-400 foam tips on Amazon yesterday and they should be here on Monday and Tuesday, respectively. When I receive both I will tell you if there is a noticeable difference in sound when comparing the stock tips with the Comply foam tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back