FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce NE-700X earphones / IEM (non-mic version) - post your thoughts here
Jan 26, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #121 of 235
The Mac Group in Ottawa, Canada just recieved some NE-700X's for anyone in Canada that would like a pair. Price is $65 + Shipping which is $10 for Ontario and $15 for Every other province. 

Jan 26, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #122 of 235
Okay, ive bought ne-700m.
Impressions?
Well, sound's nice. Looks brilliant. Earphone always flies away from my right ear, need to check others inserts.
Mic - decent, sound quality worse than in iPhone, checked in Voice Memo. Button... terrible. swings in all directions, can't feel the click.

Jan 26, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #123 of 235

Quote:
- No ear pressure problem - I don't know really what to call this, but on my turbine copper I really have to deal with insertion carefully as frequently I cause pressure buildup and cause the driver flex popping sound.  In fact it's hard to avoid.  I've never encountered this with the 700x which is a welcome relief.  Maybe it is a vented design where the turbine copper is not.  Maybe it's the eartips.  But whatever the cause, I'm glad I never have any trouble with pressure buildup or driver flex noise with this headphone.

Would anyone be willing to elaborate on this comment?  Given their price point, one of my few gripes about the original 7m's is that I frequently experience an unpleasant pressure in my left ear when I first insert them.  I can relieve the pressure by adjusting the IEM, but I find it is something of a tenuous balance between maintaining a proper seal and avoiding this sensation. 

I truly love my IE8's, among other reasons, because they are a ported design that ensures there is no pressure whatsoever when you put them in.  I am more than happy to sacrifice a bit of isolation for a vented/ported housing that has this effect.  Is this true of the 700x?  Can anyone confirm that they are, in fact, ported?

Thanks!

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #124 of 235
I was just searching for earphone reviews and I came across this! I've enjoyed my NE-7M's as well, but they are getting old (2 years) so I was thinking of getting a new pair or earphones. I was between the Klipch Image S4 and Audio Technica ATH-CKS90, but after reading this, am probably going to but a NE700x! Thanks~
Is there any way you can use foam earbuds on them, because I remember for the NE-7M, you could mod the Shure Olives to fit...

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #126 of 235

Quote:
Quote:
Is there any way you can use foam earbuds on them, because I remember for the NE-7M, you could mod the Shure Olives to fit...

I use Comply T400 tips with my 700X. I got them from Radio Shack.

Do they fit without any modification?

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #127 of 235

Quote:
I was just searching for earphone reviews and I came across this! I've enjoyed my NE-7M's as well, but they are getting old (2 years) so I was thinking of getting a new pair or earphones. I was between the Klipch Image S4 and Audio Technica ATH-CKS90, but after reading this, am probably going to but a NE700x! Thanks~

don't discount the S4s

They're solid performers and I actually preferred them over the 700M/Xs

I just returned my 700Ms (left speaker broke on me) but ultimately I decided to go with the Phonak Audeos.

I'll report back here if anyone is interested.

Jan 31, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #128 of 235
Recently bought the 700m's and am very happy with them
I've burned them in for 20ish hours and the bass has toned down a little and they've become a little more balanced.
I tried quite a few iem's at a local store(32 ohms in portland) and settled on the 700m's
iem's I tried
re0 - too thin
imetal 590 - liked these, but liked the 700m's better
igrado - meh
next grado up - liked it but overpriced
pl50 - nice but liked the 700m's better...not enough bass presence for me and didnt fit well
I also tried some high end models just to get a high end baseline
westone 3 - couldn't get a good fit, but when I held them in place really liked the sound, was expecting more bass but really hard to tell with the crappy fit
turbine coppers - very fun, musical sound
ortofon eq-7 - liked these a lot, probably my favorite of all the ones I tried, but way out of my budget
also got to try a grado rs-2 on a spendy tube amp...very nice

Price/performance wise I felt like the 700m held up well with what I listened to and I'm happy with the purchase
cons - no shirt clip(bummer) and would have liked a hard or rigid case

if you are ever in portland I highly recommend 32 ohms  which is also ALO cables

Jan 31, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #130 of 235

Quote:
Quote:
Do they fit without any modification?

Yes. They'll fit right out of the package.

Nice, thats a huge plus since I really like the Foam earbuds better than Silicon earbuds^^
Thats another reason why I am leaning toward the 700X rather than the S4..Can you use foam buds on the S4?

Feb 2, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #131 of 235

don't discount the S4s

They're solid performers and I actually preferred them over the 700M/Xs

I just returned my 700Ms (left speaker broke on me) but ultimately I decided to go with the Phonak Audeos.

I'll report back here if anyone is interested.

Yes, please compare the sound between the NE700 and the Phonak. I own the Phonak (and use the grey filter) and but am interested in the NE700 as well

Feb 3, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #134 of 235

Quote:
Quote:
Hey anyone compared these to the V-moda vibes first or 2nd generation?

I have not pulled out my v-moda vibe II for a while but... I think the bass of the 700X is more controlled and clean. the 700X also hisses less

Oh I don't mean the v-moda vibe IIs......
I am referring to the original v-moda vibes.

I heard the v-moda vibe IIs are notorious for blaring bass, no?
So I already ruled them out.

Feb 6, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #135 of 235
I had the NE-7M for a year, I used it about 12 hours a day. It broke three times (I think from the more than average usage) but the guys replaced it without a problem every time.

I got the NE-700M on the first day it was offered. It looks sturdier for sure!

Sound is good, although I think the NE-7M was clearer. I might have to blame the sony tips for that as the 700 tips look bigger than the 7 tips.

The microphone - it's huge, it's round but it has to be pushed from a certain direction, and I can't for the life of me doubleclick it.

It could use a clip.

The straight plug is problematic with portable electronics.

I'm still debating if I'll apply for a refund and get a NE-7M again, or keep it.

I really want to like it, but the NE-7M put the bar pretty high. I'm getting a replacement sent, I'll see if I had a dud one or it's systematic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back