FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Nov 17, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #497 of 877

Quote:
Sorry, something like this.

I suspect that will allow the uDAC-2 to still work at 16/44, but it may decrease the bandwidth and prevent it from working at 24/96.  I've seen plain USB hubs that prevented some 24/96 DACs from working at full speed, and they were not even electrical isolators.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #498 of 877

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry, something like this.

I suspect that will allow the uDAC-2 to still work at 16/44, but it may decrease the bandwidth and prevent it from working at 24/96.  I've seen plain USB hubs that prevented some 24/96 DACs from working at full speed, and they were not even electrical isolators.

thanks for your kind answer. so the question now is: is the quality of the udac-2's coax same as firestone bravo or audio-gd di?

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #499 of 877
Full speed USB 12Mbps is enough for 24bit/192KHz, certain devices are reported to be working here http://electronicsshop.dk/?id=900&currency=EUR , and I'm sure that all devices that use Tenor 24bit/96KHz USB receiver can work with that isolator. I don't know which chip the UDAC2 uses, but it's very likely it also uses the Tenor chip (if it can't playback 88.2KHz audio without resampling then certainly it is).

Nov 17, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #500 of 877

Quote:
Full speed USB 12Mbps is enough for 24bit/192KHz, certain devices are reported to be working here http://electronicsshop.dk/?id=900&currency=EUR , and I'm sure that all devices that use Tenor 24bit/96KHz USB receiver can work with that isolator. I don't know which chip the UDAC2 uses, but it's very likely it also uses the Tenor chip (if it can't playback 88.2KHz audio without resampling then certainly it is).

thanks. since i already ordered the usb isolator, i will try it. (but in my case, the problem is more my computer's fan noise than any other kind of noise ...)
eek.gif

Nov 18, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #501 of 877
Hi there ,i'm here in the uk and just thought i would share with you the excellent delivery of my uDAC-2hp.
I ordered through Amazon.com/Nuforce on 4/11/10 my order was dispatched on 5/11/10 and i recieved it on 10/11/10 wow thats quicker than our 2nd class postage!!!
Anyway not all plain sailing because my other half has knabbed it until christmas day!
Just one thing that concerns me is the clear usb cable reports earlier in this thread am i likely to be affected ?
Out of interest Nuforce have packaged one extra...are they hedging their bets ?
If i get my hands on this mini marvel l will post my thoughts for you all.

Nov 18, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #502 of 877

Quote:
Just one thing that concerns me is the clear usb cable reports earlier in this thread am i likely to be affected ? Out of interest Nuforce have packaged one extra...are they hedging their bets ?
If i get my hands on this mini marvel l will post my thoughts for you all.

Only the 1st 200 package of uDAC2-HP has defective USB cable with the package. So we included an extra cable, which is a working one.
Our shipping staff should have provided you with an explanation. They didn't want to open the package. I think you are one of the few that they forgot to inform.

Nov 19, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #506 of 877

kite7 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm very curious to know if this uDAC-2 supports Windows volume control. The uDAC-1 did not,but the HDP does. You said that the uDAC-2 uses the same 24/96 USB receiver chip as the HDP so would it be safe to assume it does support volume control within Windows? This is important to me because when someone walks into my room and talks to me, I can press mute on my keyboard to stop the sound instantly without turning the physical volume knob especially if I am playing through my speakers, with the uDAC-1 I could not do this because the Windows volume control had no effect at all.

I understand this part, It's quite useful, Thanks for your sharing!

Nov 20, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #508 of 877
I've managed to track down my hidden uDAC-2hp plugged it into my nc10 and wow wow wow what a diference !!!!
The sound has opened up its more alive ,soundstage and seperation is fantastic and i've only tried Spotify free so far !
wll recomended.

Nov 20, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #509 of 877
At first, I would like to salute the whole group of users here as I am new one. :)

I have one question regarding difference between uDAC and uDAC2. I had the first generation of uDAC and I bought uDAC2 before a week, I noticed uDAC2 is warmer when it is working than uDAC. It is not something drastic but it is noticable. Do you have the same experiance and is this normal thing for uDAC2?

Headphones used : Grado SR125i and AKG K312P.

Vedran

Users who are viewing this thread

Back