First head-fi meet Netherlands
Feb 7, 2006 at 11:32 AM Post #211 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richter Di
Phoned the hotel. The room is available. Will visit it and if it fits book it. Costs are 50 Euro for the room (not per person) for half a day. I suggest the meeting going on from 12 to 18 pm. Hope this fits for everybody. I will pay those 50 bucks. If more time is needed maybe someoneelse might donate. Please eat and drink in the hotel since this part of the deal. Be back on this internet station at the evening. Regards, Reiner

Thanks very much for your engagement, Reiner. It's a pity we have to find another solution only a few days before the meet.

However I'm concerned about the free space of the room considering there will be about 20 people in there.
There is a picture of a room on their webpage:

http://www.hoteltalens.nl/dui/k_prijzen_dui.php

It looks a bit small if you ask me. Since you're going to visit the room we'll see.

Feb 7, 2006 at 11:38 AM Post #212 of 265
Those rooms (picture) are the hotel-rooms. This hotel also has some meeting-rooms, wich can fit about 50 persons. They cost 50 euros per half a day, so I guess that's a room we're talking about.

These rooms don't show on the German site, but it does on the dutch one....

Feb 7, 2006 at 11:51 AM Post #213 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellen_125
Those rooms (picture) are the hotel-rooms. This hotel also has some meeting-rooms, wich can fit about 50 persons. They cost 50 euros per half a day, so I guess that's a room we're talking about.

These rooms don't show on the German site, but it does on the dutch one....

Oh, alright, the hall / conference room seems much better to me.
biggrin.gif

http://www.hoteltalens.nl/ned/zalen_prijzen_ned.php

Feb 7, 2006 at 12:12 PM Post #214 of 265
Room
I'd prefer to book it for the whole day since unpacking and installing my stuff will last nearly an hour (and vice versa).
Naturally Reiner doesn't have to cover the expenses, we should easily be able to collect this reasonable amount.
In case there's a poor student hardly able to pay for the train ticket I will cover his share for the room.

Feb 7, 2006 at 12:58 PM Post #215 of 265
Dear Headfellows,

Thanks Reiner for the organisation.

However, I strongly suggest to book the room for one whole day. Remember, there are 20 people and only 1 Orpheus!

Since I'm a "commercial" member I will pay for all the expenses of the room. I can deduct it from taxes anyway!

:)

Jan

Feb 7, 2006 at 1:13 PM Post #216 of 265
Yes having the room for a whole day would be preferable. Things always take longer than expected, as we all know.

As to equipment for the room. I suppose we do not need an overhead projector, nor a flip-chart. But, some moveable partition walls of man height, would probably be a very good idea. With those we could build "listening quads", well sound isolated from each other. I have understood that noise levels quickly rises during meets.

Another practical thing, are name-stickers for everyone. That will break the ice quickly and make things much easier in the organisation. If nobody protests, I'll see if I can get some. Or perhaps the Hotel has some, Reiner?

This Jan seems to be a nice person.
tongue.gif
I look forward to meet him.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 1:24 PM Post #217 of 265
heya guys, i'm sorry i haven't responded to this thread and the several pm's. i know it's been terribly irresponsible of me.

as for the meet, i will pm all of you the address. i've learned recently that parking might be somewhat of a hassle due to the activities at my father's farm, but you needn't worry.

for anyone looking to contact me, my email is arjenvanderveen@gmail.com

edit: i see you guys are considering booking a room? i hope you haven't booked just yet
eek.gif
eek.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 1:35 PM Post #218 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestarter
heya guys, i'm sorry i haven't responded to this thread and the several pm's. i know it's been terribly irresponsible of me.

as for the meet, i will pm all of you the address. i've learned recently that parking might be somewhat of a hassle due to the activities at my father's farm, but you needn't worry.

for anyone looking to contact me, my email is arjenvanderveen@gmail.com

edit: i see you guys are considering booking a room? i hope you haven't booked just yet
eek.gif
eek.gif

Whow! That's confusing.

Feb 7, 2006 at 1:41 PM Post #219 of 265
IMO we should stick to the latest plans. Reiner has made ambitious efforts to find an alternative to the original plan and it's likely that he's already booked the room which is just fine.

Feb 7, 2006 at 1:44 PM Post #220 of 265
Glad to see you Firestarter. I feel I am not the one to take this decision, but I think we should stick to plan B: The Hotel Talens, in order to prevent confusion. Besides, the rent is very reasonably (and daddy is paying anyway
evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif
). Let’s see what Reiner will report on the room later today.

Feb 7, 2006 at 1:51 PM Post #221 of 265
well Reiner took charge, so i guess it's his call now. A hotel would be nice and it'd almost certainly be roomier than my parent's place, and if Jan Meier insists to pay then it doesn't matter much for the rest of the community.

i'm sorry it had to come to this, but if Reiner hasn't booked the hotel yet, then you are all more than welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #222 of 265
Hi, everybody. The Hotel is booked. Room is great. I have now ordered and paid it from 12 to 18. If somebody wants the meeting to start earlier he should re-book. I will be not earlier than 11 am. Jan, Luuk, Firestarter, Glod, can someone of you like to take over the rest of the organization, since I am really starting to get trouble with my family and will not be often in the headfi forum. May the one taking over ask the hotel concerning this additional "walls" Jan proposed? Jan, are you willing to make those name stickers? I would suggest real first name + forum name (mine would be Reiner/Richter Di). Now the adress for everybody: Hotel Talens, www.hoteltalens.nl, Sallandsestraat 51, NL-7741 HN Coevorden, Tel: 0031 524 51 62 51. As Jan allready said very close to the railroadstation. If anybody want to contact me Glod and Luuk have my mobile number. Regards, Reiner

Feb 7, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #223 of 265
I have just been on the phone with Reiner. I told him we take it from here. The man is, after all, on holiday…

Luuk, I understood you’re pretty busy right now. How about I talk to the hotel tomorrow to try to get the whole Saturday? Also, I will ask for the possibilities of partition walls.

Reiner told me there are three mains outlets in the room. That means we will have to use a lot of power-strips and extensions, hardly the ideal situation. I will talk to the hotel and ask them if it is possible to pull a few extensions from adjacent rooms? Perhaps Norbert and Jan have a few good cables covering that application as well.
icon10.gif

Perhaps it would be nice with a dinner after the meet? I’ll check with them when we have to reserve the number of covers at the latest. Don’t PM me now before we know for sure it is possible.

Did I forget something? Oh well the name tags. I’ll drop by the office shop here in the village to get some.
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. Fellow Head-Fier's. Could you please be a little less eager on the New Posts button? It took me 45min to make this post stick! "Server could not be found" et cetera...

Feb 7, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #224 of 265
Dear headfellows,

Glod, thanks for taking care. Although born in Coevorden (just 200 meters from the hotel!) it’s more difficult for me to organize while living in Germany now.

I just updated the list with the equipment I’m taking with me. If people are missing models that they’re really interested in, just send me a note.

Please also send me a note if you’re interested in getting a new phone or amp. If I can take them with me you will save on shipping costs!

Cheers

Jan

Headphones:
----------
1x AKG K240DF
2x AKG K-1000
1x AKG K701
1x Audiotechnika ATH W-1000
1X Beyerdynamik DT 331
1x Beyerdynamic DT440
1x Beyerdynamic DT 931
1x Beyerdynamic DT 931 + Oehlbach cable
1x Beyerdynamic DT770-2006
1x Beyerdynamic DT880-2006
1x Koss KSC 75
1x Koss Portapro
1x Grado SR 225 w/ bowls, flats, Senn pads
1x Grado RS1
1x Sennheiser HD25-1
1x Sennheiser HD 600 + Oehlbach cable
3x Sennheiser HD 650
1x Sennheiser HD 650 + Oehlbach cable
2x Sennheiser HD 595
1x Sennheiser HD 590-v1
1x Sennheiser PXC 250
2x Sennheiser PX 100
1x Sennheiser Unipolar 2000 + Her 2000
1x Sennheiser HE90/HEV90 “Orpheus”
1x Stax STS 3030 Classic Sytem II
1x Ultrasone Proline-650
1x Westone ES2
1x Westone UM2

Amplifiers:
---------
1 x Autocostruire T-amp
1x CEC HD 53 (modified)
1x CEC CD 5300 (built in headphone amp)
1 x HeadAmp GS-1
2 - 3x Lehmann audio Black Cube Linear
1x Lehmann audio Black Cube Linear USB (prototype)
1x Lehmann audio Black Cube Linear PRO (XLR-input) if balanced source is available
1x Lehmann audio Black Cube Stamp power amp (for really loud K1000 listening)
1x Meier Corda Aria
1x Meier Corda Eartube
1x Meier Corda Prehead mkII SE
1x Meier Corda Prototype amp/DAC
2 x Meier Porta Corda mk II (with PSU)
1 x Meier Porta Corda mk II AD8610 (with PSU)
1x Meier Porta Corda mk III USB
1 x Musical Fidelity X10-D v.2 (tube-buffer)
1 x RA-1 clone
1 x SinglePower Audio MPX3
2 x Sonic Impact T-amp (unmodded)

Sources:
--------
1 x Aqvox USB 2 D/A
1 x Benchmark DAC 1
1x CEC CD 5300
1 x Classé CDP-10
1x Corda Prototype DAC
1 x Iriver IHP 120 DAP (optical out)
1x Laptop Acer Travelmate
1x Toshiba Laptop with Echo Indigo
1 x Marantz CD6000OSE
1 x Marantz ST6000 (tuner)
1 x Palm Tungsten V
1x Panasonic DVD-player
1x Pioneer DV-575A
1 x Rega Planet (the original version)
1x Shanling CD-S100 MkII (modified)
1x Sony SCD-XB 770 QS (modified)
1x Yamaha DVD-S657
1x Sony CDP 557ESD
1x Sony X202ES

Cables:
-------
Headphone cables :
2x Cardas Sennheiser Cable
1 x RnB Audio Grace Five Two Sennheiser Cable
1 x Stefan AudioArt Equinox Sennheiser Cable
-------------------------------
Interconnects (pairs) :
1 X Amity
6 x Meier-Audio interconnect
1 xNordost Red Dawn
1 X TMR
2x Van den Hul First Ultimate
1 x Van den Hul The Bay C5 HYBRID
1 x Van den Hul D-102 mk III
1 x Van den Hul The First Metal Screen
2x Voodoo Cable

Digital :
------------------------
2 x Dunno SP/DIF coax (made in Germany )
1 x Dunno Toslink ("Profiline Audio", haha)
1 x Toslink
1 x SP/DIF coax

Power related equipment:
------------------------
2x Van den Hul MAINSTREAM power cords
HMS Energia filtered power strip
2x Lapp Cable power cords
6x Meier-Audio shielded powercords
3x power bars

Other :
--------------------------
1 x Audio Quest RCA T-splitter pair