First head-fi meet Netherlands
Oct 27, 2005 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 265

luuk

500+ Head-Fier
Well,
I guess it's about time we dutch guys and girls have our own head-fi meet. I hear/read so many positive stories about those meets, I want to be part of one. Are there any other fellow dutch/belgium/german people who are also interested in hearing other headphones/gear then they have by themselves?
Post in this thread if you're interested.

Greet,
Luuk

edit: some of the gear--> I have the list of people at my computer. If you want to join us, be fast there are only 6 places left! PM for more info or check this thread.

Gear:

Headphones:
Sennheiser hd-595
Sennheiser hd-650
Sennheiser hd-600
Sennheiser hd-480
Sennheiser hd-201
Sennheiser PX100
Sennheiser PX200
Alessandro ms-1
Alessandro ms-2
Grado HF-1
Grado sr-225
Grado ps-1
Sony Sa5k
Akg k1000 (Jan?)
Akg 701 (Jan?)
Akg 601 (Jan?)
Akg k26
Beyer-dynamic DT-880
Koss sportapro
Philips 890
Westone UM2
Westone ES2
Audio Technica ATH-A900LTR
Audio-Technica ATH-EM9d
Audio Technica W5000
JVC HP-DX1000

Amps:
corda prehead(Jan?)
corda Aria
porta corda mkIII
corda ha-2 mkII se
Cmoy
Dynalo
Singlepower MPX3
HeadAmp GS-1
RSA Raptor

Sources:
Yamaha V440RDS
iAudio x5(L) 30gb
iPod?
iRiver ifp 395t
Classé CDP-10
Marantz CD6000OSE
Harman/Kardon HD 970
IRiver H340
Cyrus CD6

Cables:
Cardascable senn hd-600
Equinox and Cardas senn hd-650

Oct 28, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #2 of 265
Come on Nderlanders! He has a Corda HA-2 MKII SE!! Great chance to hear it.

Wish I could participate Luuk.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by luuk
Isn't there any option that you could come, or maybe that the meeting is at your place or in your neighbourhood? where do you live?

No really not possible. I'm often too sick for visitors and they can't stay very long.
That and the fact that even if I feel good enough today I could be way too sick for visitors tomorrow so it's impossible to plan it.
frown.gif

Did you alert others to this thread? I put a big fat link in my sig.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2005 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by arielext
Like said in the PM's we should give this a go!
I'm sure that I could contribute with some of my stuff, but since I never been to sucha meet I'm not sure what to expect.

Most meets are just casual affairs where people listen to gear, talk to each other and (usually) eat refreshments. I was a newcomer at the first meet I went to (see link in my .sig for pictures) and felt right at home. Great idea, hope you guys end up getting something going! Wish I could come, but the flight is too long
wink.gif

Nov 2, 2005 at 10:23 PM Post #10 of 265
Hi guys,

I would come as well, depending on the date and of course how far I would have to drive :)

Grooooeten! :)

Nov 3, 2005 at 11:29 AM Post #12 of 265
Maybe a little bit off topic, but I've been looking like everywhere for hi-fi stores in the Netherlands that have decent headphones and equipment, but can hardly find anything. Any suggestions perhaps?
280smile.gif

Nov 3, 2005 at 12:33 PM Post #13 of 265
I was in the exact same situation. In my experience, headphones are usually neglected or even frowned upon at your typical Hi-Fi store.

My decision to purchase a HD650 was solely based on Head-Fi userfeedback and low(er)-end Sennheiser models. I ordered it online (through http://www.tweakers.net/pricewatch).

Nov 3, 2005 at 2:23 PM Post #14 of 265
i'd love to have a head-fi meet somewhere in holland or germany
biggrin.gif

i'm 100% confident that my parents would love to host it at their place, where we can easily accommodate 20some if needed. they live right next to a highway and it's a 5 minute walk from the nearest bus stop
biggrin.gif

edit: 10 km east from the town Hoogeveen, in Drenthe

Nov 3, 2005 at 2:50 PM Post #15 of 265
Who, totally awesome. Now our german friends can come as well! it's near germany right?
We now have 6 people who are interested. still a few to go!
I haven't found any hi-fi stores either. I know one shop in breda: hi-fi team that has the sennheiser range. But don't know any shop where to sell akg's.
if you do a search in some cities for hi-fishops, they will sell probably senn's and beyer's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back