First head-fi meet Netherlands
Feb 8, 2006 at 10:58 AM Post #226 of 265
Pfuuh - the list is indeed very impressive. There will be a lot of overwhelmed Head-fiers with sour ears by the end of the meet
600smile.gif

With that much equipment we will need a whole day. I have added the morning as well to Reiner's booking. The meet will be officially between 09.30 and 17.00. If somebody arrives earlier, it is OK with the hotel. It is booked in the name Grootenhuis.

Power will be a slight concern. The hotel is going to look into the possibilities of routing extra cables to the room, and will they see to that there will be a few power strips available too. However, we will certainly need to bring a lot of extensions and strips our selves. Jan will bring some I saw, but it is a good idea for everyone to think of bringing something to the meet.

The will be coffee/tea/soft drinks and sandwiches served sometime during the day for €13 a head. I take it everybody attending is interested in that. If not, let me know because I have to tell them Friday.

I haven't talked to the hotel about having a dinner at their restaurant. The reason is that they rather offer menus for a minimum of 20 persons, and to be honest I wasn't very impressed by the menus, the setting and the price/quality ratio either. Coevorden is a historical town with a lot of beautiful old houses in the centre and there are a number of pizzerias and steakhouses and the like we could invade. I think it is a better option to reserve such a place on Saturday morning when we know exactly how many will want to round off the meet with a dinner.

[size=small]Things to think about for the meet.

1. If you can't make it, let me know ASAP. Equally, if you like to come and haven't told Luuk or posted it in this thread, let me know that now please.

2. Be careful to mark all your hardware and software! Even the small things like T-splitters, because especially that kind of things easily ends up in the wrong bag when we wrap it up for the evening.
[/size]

Feb 8, 2006 at 12:11 PM Post #227 of 265
I didn't thank glod and richter di in public, while they certainly deserve it.
Thanks Glod an Richter di for taking initiative, for booking the hotelroom adn taking care of the rest of the things! I'm sorry I couldn't help you much these days.
Luuk

Edit 2: couldn't find my ms-2 on the list, but I will bring it with me of course. Same goes for my x5 and from machie27--> most mp3's 192kb vbr, around 40 albums have a higher bitrate.

Feb 8, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #228 of 265
Well guys, as I suspected a month ago, I won't be able to make it due to a job switch this week, which means I will have to work this weekend. I am sorry that things turned out that way, but my job gets no 1 priority. I'd be willing to lend you some gear though, but it would have to be picked up here in Aachen by some trustworthy long-term head-fier, Norbert or Jan and be returned within a few days. Cheers Matthias

Feb 8, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #229 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glod

[size=small]Things to think about for the meet.

1. If you can't make it, let me know ASAP. Equally, if you like to come and haven't told Luuk or posted it in this thread, let me know that now please.

[/size]

hi glod! hi everbody! i'm sorry, but i can't make it (which means very sorry). too much work and too little time... i wish you all a very pleasant meeting and i really look forward to the pics!!!
all the best
klaus

Feb 9, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #230 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattigol
Well guys, as I suspected a month ago, I won't be able to make it due to a job switch this week, which means I will have to work this weekend. I am sorry that things turned out that way, but my job gets no 1 priority. I'd be willing to lend you some gear though, but it would have to be picked up here in Aachen by some trustworthy long-term head-fier, Norbert or Jan and be returned within a few days. Cheers Matthias

I read your post then. I am sorry to hear that. I am sure there will be other meets now that the first one will be a roaring success
tongue.gif

For the rest of the attendees, if you are passing mattigol's place, ask him very nicely and you might be allowed to borrow his splendid Berendsen CDP for the meet.
evil_smiley.gif
eggosmile.gif
I have never listened to it but it is supposed to be a cracker.
Quote:

Originally Posted by wirbeltier
hi glod! hi everbody! i'm sorry, but i can't make it (which means very sorry). too much work and too little time... i wish you all a very pleasant meeting and i really look forward to the pics!!!
all the best
klaus

Thanks Klaus for letting us know in time. Welcome next time!

Headphones:
----------
1x AKG K240DF
2x AKG K-1000
1x AKG K701
1x Audiotechnika ATH W-1000
1X Beyerdynamik DT 331
1x Beyerdynamic DT440
1x Beyerdynamic DT 931
1x Beyerdynamic DT 931 + Oehlbach cable
1x Beyerdynamic DT770-2006
1x Beyerdynamic DT880-2006
1x Koss KSC 75
1x Koss Portapro
1x Grado SR 225 w/ bowls, flats, Senn pads
1x Grado RS1
1x Sennheiser HD25-1
1x Sennheiser HD 600 + Oehlbach cable
3x Sennheiser HD 650
1x Sennheiser HD 650 + Oehlbach cable
2x Sennheiser HD 595
1x Sennheiser HD 590-v1
1x Sennheiser PXC 250
2x Sennheiser PX 100
1x Sennheiser Unipolar 2000 + Her 2000
1x Sennheiser HE90/HEV90 “Orpheus”
1x Stax STS 3030 Classic Sytem II
1x Ultrasone Proline-650
1x Westone ES2
1x Westone UM2

Amplifiers:
---------
1 x Autocostruire T-amp
1x CEC HD 53 (modified)
1x CEC CD 5300 (built in headphone amp)
1 x HeadAmp GS-1
2 - 3x Lehmann audio Black Cube Linear
1x Lehmann audio Black Cube Linear USB (prototype)
1x Lehmann audio Black Cube Linear PRO (XLR-input) if balanced source is available
1x Lehmann audio Black Cube Stamp power amp (for really loud K1000 listening)
1x Meier Corda Aria
1x Meier Corda Eartube
1x Meier Corda Prehead mkII SE
1x Meier Corda Prototype amp/DAC
2 x Meier Porta Corda mk II (with PSU)
1 x Meier Porta Corda mk II AD8610 (with PSU)
1x Meier Porta Corda mk III USB
1 x Musical Fidelity X10-D v.2 (tube-buffer)
1 x RA-1 clone
1 x SinglePower Audio MPX3
2 x Sonic Impact T-amp (unmodded)

Sources:
--------
1 x Aqvox USB 2 D/A
1 x Benchmark DAC 1
1x CEC CD 5300
1 x Classé CDP-10
1x Corda Prototype DAC
1 x Iriver IHP 120 DAP (optical out)
1x Laptop Acer Travelmate
1x Toshiba Laptop with Echo Indigo
1 x Marantz CD6000OSE
1 x Marantz ST6000 (tuner)
1 x Palm Tungsten V
1x Panasonic DVD-player
1x Pioneer DV-575A
1 x Rega Planet (the original version)
1x Shanling CD-S100 MkII (modified)
1x Sony SCD-XB 770 QS (modified)
1x Yamaha DVD-S657
1x Sony CDP 557ESD
1x Sony X202ES

Cables:
-------
Headphone cables :
2x Cardas Sennheiser Cable
1 x RnB Audio Grace Five Two Sennheiser Cable
1 x Stefan AudioArt Equinox Sennheiser Cable
-------------------------------
Interconnects (pairs) :
1 X Amity
1x Grandenigma Audio Gold Alloy Y-cable (2xRCA -> 1/4" + Sennheiser 1/4" -> 1/8")
6 x Meier-Audio interconnect
1 xNordost Red Dawn
1 X TMR
2x Van den Hul First Ultimate
1 x Van den Hul The Bay C5 HYBRID
1 x Van den Hul D-102 mk III
1 x Van den Hul The First Metal Screen
2x Voodoo Cable

Digital :
------------------------
2 x Dunno SP/DIF coax (made in Germany )
1 x Dunno Toslink ("Profiline Audio", haha)
1 x Toslink
1 x SP/DIF coax

Power related equipment:
------------------------
2x Van den Hul MAINSTREAM power cords
HMS Energia filtered power strip
2x Lapp Cable power cords
6x Meier-Audio shielded powercords
3x power bars

Other :
--------------------------
1 x Audio Quest RCA T-splitter pair
1 X ASL UHC]
4 x splitter pairs

Added the very nice Grandenigma Audio Y-cable.

Feb 9, 2006 at 9:06 AM Post #231 of 265
I've been thinking the last few days about coming to this meeting. I'd really like to come, but I guess it's just too far away for me.

(3 hours by train just to get there and afterwards 3 hours back is probably too much for a 6 month pregnant woman
frown.gif
)

So, have fun and maybe I'll participate next time!

Feb 9, 2006 at 9:09 AM Post #232 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by luuk
I didn't thank glod and richter di in public, while they certainly deserve it.
Thanks Glod an Richter di for taking initiative, for booking the hotelroom adn taking care of the rest of the things! I'm sorry I couldn't help you much these days.
Luuk

Edit 2: couldn't find my ms-2 on the list, but I will bring it with me of course. Same goes for my x5 and from machie27--> most mp3's 192kb vbr, around 40 albums have a higher bitrate.

Luuk, I would wait with the thanking. Just wait till you'll see the face of the clerk when you say you're there for the Head-Fi convention: People in that area have a peculiar accent. I love dialects, but this time I am not sure the lady completely understood what kind of gathering we will have.
580smile.gif
k1000smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
600smile.gif
etysmile.gif
3000smile.gif
lambda.gif
rs1smile.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 9:15 AM Post #233 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellen_125
I've been thinking the last few days about coming to this meeting. I'd really like to come, but I guess it's just too far away for me.

(3 hours by train just to get there and afterwards 3 hours back is probably too much for a 6 month pregnant woman
frown.gif
)

So, have fun and maybe I'll participate next time!

Thanks Ellen and take care! See you next time, and then perhaps with the youngest Head-Fier ever! A pity you couldn't come for another reason: You would have made our group look a bit more sane
tongue.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 10:57 AM Post #234 of 265
Hi together,

I just got confirmation that a turntable has been sent to me by Ulla Scheu of Scheu Analogue. So odds are that we will have a headfi meeting with an analog source :)

If you can't be with us just have a look at the turntables www.scheu-analog.de
(Only German language so far)

Cheers

Norbert

Feb 9, 2006 at 12:29 PM Post #235 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by norbert:lehmann
Hi together,

I just got confirmation that a turntable has been sent to me by Ulla Scheu of Scheu Analogue. So odds are that we will have a headfi meeting with an analog source :)

Cheers

Norbert

That was a very good idea! For those whom never been introduced to analogue sound, a jaw-drop will be guaranteed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 1:02 PM Post #236 of 265
Hahaha, yeah the accent is a bit weird overthere. Glod if you need help, I just got back from work(stage, weet niet hoe je dat in het engels vertaald en heb nog steeds geen engels woordenboek op mijn kamer). If you need help, just mail me. I don't know the exact time of my arrival over there, but I guess it will be around 10/11 am, It's pretty long ride(+/- 2 or 3 hours). See you all then!

Feb 9, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #237 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by norbert:lehmann
Hi together,

Cheers

Norbert

Hi Norbert,

great to hear about the Scheu. Guys - this going to be eyecandy as well as a real treat for the ears! Hope transport and setup won't be too cumbersome.

This implies one of your famous phono pres will be present, too. *Sob*. Now I am even more sorry I cannot come. As you can see in my sig, I am getting into vinyl the vintage way and my Sugden phono stage may be the next bottleneck I need to improve upon.

Is there any way you could pick up my Berendsen here in Aachen on your way north or have someone pick it up for you (and everyone attending)?

Cheers, Matthias

Feb 9, 2006 at 4:47 PM Post #238 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by luuk
Hahaha, yeah the accent is a bit weird overthere. Glod if you need help, I just got back from work(stage, weet niet hoe je dat in het engels vertaald en heb nog steeds geen engels woordenboek op mijn kamer). If you need help, just mail me. I don't know the exact time of my arrival over there, but I guess it will be around 10/11 am, It's pretty long ride(+/- 2 or 3 hours). See you all then!

I can't find a good translation either, perhaps Practical Block, if the practice ("stage") is a part of an educational programme.

Thanks for the offer, but there are not really much we have to do more but showing up on Saturday morning. I'll try to be there early. If somebody is handy in graphics, a small sign with the Head-Fi logo for the "what-is-going-on-in-the-hotel-today?" board or de doors of our room might be a fun thing (I hope Jude doesn't mind us using the logo for a day
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Oh yes - Luuk, could you please PM me the most recent attendances list tomorrow? I need to give them the number of persons interested in the "coffee buffet" (Coffee/tea/soft drinks and sandwiches. See above)

Feb 9, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #239 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glod
I can't find a good translation either, perhaps Practical Block, if the practice ("stage") is a part of an educational programme.

totally OT: internship?
wink.gif

anyhow, have to check the trains in order to see how late I arive, and I want to sleep a bit longer saterdays
biggrin.gif
, I'll get there somewhere during the morning, don't want to miss the coffee!

Feb 9, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #240 of 265
Being early, it seems that I will get first pick on the good stuff, and I will not let go easily.
very_evil_smiley.gif

And arielext, you're probably right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back