First head-fi meet Netherlands
Feb 9, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #241 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glod
Being early, it seems that I will get first pick on the good stuff, and I will not let go easily.
very_evil_smiley.gif

And arielext, you're probably right.

so you don't want to leave the meet remembering the sweet orpheus but recalling a faint memory of how it sounded like?
tongue.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #244 of 265
Hi,

the Scheu turntable was successfully sent to my place. It is a very nice "Cello" which is the Scheu entry level unit but nevertheless a great performer. The whole setup consisting of the turntable, Rega RB250 and Empire MM cartridge normally sells for around only 900,- EUR retail including VAT. I have permission by Ulla Scheu to sell this package at an even more attractive price. Just ask me on Saturday...

The Scheu will feed the Black Cube Decade during the meeting.

Anyone travelling through Aachen on Friday could as well visit Klangpunkt, a very good hifi store www.klangpunkt.de who are celebrating their 10th annyversary. I will be there on Friday afternoon for demos and discussions. Herbert Schleicher of Ortofon will also be present the same day.

See you!

Norbert

Feb 10, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #245 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier
"People in that area have a peculiar accent."

"the accent is a bit weird overthere"

I feel insulted!

I think I will not come!!!

;-P

Jan

Please Jan, do come. Being a dialect enthusiast, although knowleged of far from even a fraction of all the Dutch kinds, yet, I expect nothing less than pure uninfluenced non-mistakable Coevorden accent when we meet! Anything less will deeply disappoint me
plainface.gif
Mind you, my origin is non-Dutch, and yours is completely unfamiliar to me. I expect you to do your best
evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif
icon10.gif

Feb 10, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #246 of 265
edit

Feb 10, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #247 of 265
The most recent attendees list looks like this.

Arielext
Bobby B.
Cosmopragma
EvilDwarf
Firestarter
Glod
Guust-fi
Hoedje
Jan Meier
Jasonharkin
Luuk
Machie27
Morbo667
Nietzsche
Norbert-Lehmann
Richter Di
Smuh
Sysiphos

Have a good nights sleep, clean your ears tomorrow morning and get to Coevorden! See you there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #248 of 265
Hiya guys, originally my girlfriend was going to take pictures with her fancy DSLR at my parent´s place. However, now that the meet is held at the hotel, I´m wondering if you guys don´t mind if she tags along anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

She´s a recreational photographer and would love to give you and your gear a once over
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2006 at 7:12 PM Post #249 of 265
Wow that is quite a large list! Sounds like it will be fun!

Don't forget to invite Conan O'Brien!
icon10.gif

Feb 10, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #251 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
You're confusing Finland and The Netherlands Jahn.
tongue.gif

Have fun guys! And think of me when you're auditioning Grados. I will be there in spirit!
smily_headphones1.gif

DOH! Uh, the Netherlands are the Dutch, and the Danes? Or is Finland the Danes, or just the Finnish? I'm so confused!

Edit- hold on, i got it!

Sweden = Swedes
Denmark = Danes
The Netherlands = Dutch
Finland = Finns!

So it's going to be a Dutch Meet, with Finns, Dutch, Danes, Swedes, and others in attendance! I'm smart!

Feb 10, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #252 of 265
Something like that Jahn.
icon10.gif
I think it is fair to say that it is a west Europe meet. Note, not Western Europe, which is a more political and historical definition. People are coming from the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and even Ireland (Jason, you are coming, aren't you?). It is going to be a smashing meet, with that smorgasbord of hardware!

Feb 10, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #253 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestarter
Hiya guys, originally my girlfriend was going to take pictures with her fancy DSLR at my parent´s place. However, now that the meet is held at the hotel, I´m wondering if you guys don´t mind if she tags along anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

She´s a recreational photographer and would love to give you and your gear a once over
wink.gif

Photo’s, photo’s and yet more photo’s: A meet without photos for the rest of the community is not a good meet if you ask me
evil_smiley.gif

Bring her along man.

Feb 10, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #254 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glod
Photo’s, photo’s and yet more photo’s: A meet without photos for the rest of the community is not a good meet if you ask me
evil_smiley.gif

Bring her along man.

Thanks Glod, and thanks for taking up the slack that I left.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #255 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestarter
Thanks Glod, and thanks for taking up the slack that I left.
smily_headphones1.gif

No worries. See you tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back