First Harmonic IEB6, new micro driver kid on the block! Is it better than the Tenore? [Impressions/Discussion]
Jan 13, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #48 of 93
Do you feel any different about the ieb6 or are the Tenores still king? 

How about E80 vs Tenores? Is the slightly more expensive product better? Or is it just more durable in the sense of what people have said about the Tenores

Still too bright for my ears.

Tenores and E80 are hard to compare bc of their diff sound sig. I prefer the Tenores slightly though.

Puro IEM500 and Bette 10mm best all of then though.

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #49 of 93
Damn, ran some serious Pink noise through these for a couple hours tonight. IDK if it was that or the pairing with the iBasso D14 which is more transparent than my FiiO E07K but all the sibilance and harshness I had heard before was just about gone. Through on two tracks from Gareth Emery "Dynamite" and "Concrete Angel', so much energy was coming through it was crazy. I'm loving them now. Sucks I gave up on them so early but I thought I had enough time with them. Gonna see if they sound any different through my E07K now.

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #51 of 93
Better but still a so so sound with the E07K unfortunately. Makes me want to return the D14 and spend the extra for the Oppo HA-2 but I'm gonna try and resist

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #52 of 93
So my IEB6 have been sent back now I'm guessing, since I refused to pay the extortionate customs charges... still waiting on a refund however.

On another note, really impressed with the OnePlus Icons so far. Check them out if you havent already. :wink:

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #53 of 93
Just something interesting I found out, Aaron the President and CEO of Thinksound also lists First Harmonic in his bio.

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #55 of 93
Its either my girlfriend listening to them so they've been burning in or these Large Spin Fits but the sibilance has depleted almost completely from these. I can listen to them now. I still prefer the tonality and soung sig of Tenores, plus they have a wider sound stage. 

Feb 16, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #56 of 93
  Its either my girlfriend listening to them so they've been burning in or these Large Spin Fits but the sibilance has depleted almost completely from these. I can listen to them now. I still prefer the tonality and soung sig of Tenores, plus they have a wider sound stage. 

Yeah mine were returned to FH a while ago, I just need to send them a message for the refund.

Kinda forgot everything about them tbh, the Icons love is very strong atm. 
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #57 of 93
My IEB6 review is here...http://www.head-fi.org/products/first-harmonic-ieb6-mic-in-ear-metal-headphone-with-an-engineered-5-5mm-mini-driver-for-exceptional-sound/reviews/15587

With the right tips I really like the sound of them. Not as airy as the Tenore was but quite well tuned in their own right. Build is better than the Tenore though :)

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #58 of 93
  My IEB6 review is here...http://www.head-fi.org/products/first-harmonic-ieb6-mic-in-ear-metal-headphone-with-an-engineered-5-5mm-mini-driver-for-exceptional-sound/reviews/15587

With the right tips I really like the sound of them. Not as airy as the Tenore was but quite well tuned in their own right. Build is better than the Tenore though :)

Nice review! Gotta get on the FXH30 next :wink:

Apr 30, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #59 of 93
So these are now on Massdrop for $25 plus shipping.  Is this a "must buy" or are they topped by some of the latest offerings (Shozy Zero, ****, Sendiy, Musicmaker, etc.)?

Apr 30, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #60 of 93
They are good with a crisp sound but can be bright. Only tips I found to work are stock tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back