First Harmonic IEB6, new micro driver kid on the block! Is it better than the Tenore? [Impressions/Discussion]
Dec 3, 2015 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 93

Lifted Andreas

Formerly known as geko95gek.
Hi guys, so this is the first thread I've done in a while. In fact since my famous Zero Audio Carbo Tenore thread.

So the reason for this thread is to serve as a platform for this new micro driver that has been released.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE - http://store.firstharmonic.com

AMAZON PAGE - https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0178BC13W?vs=1

REVIEWS -

HiFi Headphones UK review:
http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/community/threads/first-harmonic-ieb6-earphone-iem-ear-canal-headphone-review.4304/

Run Around Tech review:
http://www.runaroundtech.com/2015/11/17/review-first-harmonic-ieb6mic-in-ear-headphones/

-----

Now, this is my story in screenshots to make things more interesting:

I saw this!

---

Then I read this:

---

Then I saw them for myself:

---

So I decided to enquire about my chances since I live in the UK and this is what happened:

---

I was so happy that they could ship to UK and with a discount of 30% for the IEB6 and only 20USD for tracked shipping I decided to go for it!

---

So now 2 days later my package has arrived in UK, I presume it will be delivered by USP tomorrow!

---

When they arrive I will be doing comparisons between IEB6 vs Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, and IEB6 vs Yamaha EPH100.

I will be very impressed if they beat the EPH100, which are 150 dollar earphones!

What are your thoughts guys?

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 93
Reserved.

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #3 of 93
Should be interesting, should note I found them harsh/sibilant with the Large tips but moving down to the Medium tips helped a lot. Also with the few hours of burn in they have on em they have improved. I still enjoy the Tenore more at this point b/c it is a bit more laid back but we shall see how burn in does, considering my Tenores have probably close to at least 50 hours on them. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 93
Should be interesting, should note I found them harsh/sibilant with the Large tips but moving down to the Medium tips helped a lot. Also with the few hours of burn in they have on em they have improved. I still enjoy the Tenore more at this point b/c it is a bit more laid back but we shall see how burn in does, considering my Tenores have probably close to at least 50 hours on them. 

Thanks for the impressions mate.

It's gonna be even harder for IEB6 to sound better than my Tenores since I've owned them for over 2 years and they probably have over 300 hours listening time on them.

PS. The package has passed the sorting facility now, woop woop!

Still I doubt they will arrive today.

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #5 of 93
Like I posted in the Tenore thread, try out the tips from the ieb6 on the Tenore and see if it changes the sound like it did mine. I'm guessing the wider bore takes away the congestion the narrow bore the Tenore stock tips create. Didn't even realize it had congestion til I tried them lol. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #6 of 93
Do you guys have the spiral dot tips to try on the IEB6 as well?  I ordered a few pairs of these about a month ago, still waiting on them but looking forward to trying them out on some of my favorite IEMS (Tenore, KC06).

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #7 of 93
Thanks for starting this thread Lifted!

Two questions:

1) Would I like the sound of these as much as the Titan1's? (I know that nobody really can answer that one for me lol)

2) How well do these isolate?

I use the Titan1's at the gym, but they don't isolate well enough for that noisy environment, and I'm wondering if the IEB6's would do the trick.

Thanks!

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #8 of 93
Decent volume I can barely heard anything around me, if any. It has to be really loud for it to be a faint sound. I'm sure Comply would be the best for isolation, I have a pair of T-400 at home I'll try out when I get back, see how it affects the sound. 

EDIT: Did some listening on my lunch, still the Tenores have way smoother vocals than the IEB6. Not that bad on the IEB6 but for me it can be a little harsh, esp on poorly recorded vocals. Tenores seem to make everything sound so good. 

As for Spiral Dots I've been contemplating ordering a set of 6 pcs in Medium off Amazon, $20 though and I've read reviews they can make or break an earphone. Just noticed Ebay also has the Medium Large size which might be ideal for me b/c I tend to fall between M and L sizing. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #9 of 93
Do you guys have the spiral dot tips to try on the IEB6 as well?  I ordered a few pairs of these about a month ago, still waiting on them but looking forward to trying them out on some of my favorite IEMS (Tenore, KC06).
spiral dots are just a touch too big for ieb6. Its doable, but gotta dig tip out of ear as it disconnects from housing. Although, I did push spiral dot tip on past the stem which did help some, buy actually enjoy the enclosed tips or some grey tips that came from tpeos I beleive

Dec 4, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #10 of 93
Thanks for saving me some moolah lol

Man these things respond to burn in great, had about another hour on XLO recordings burn in then Norah Jones album, now giving them the dubstep/heavy bass treatment

Dec 4, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #11 of 93
Customs processing complete. Today could be the day.

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #12 of 93
Thanks for starting this thread Lifted!

Two questions:

1) Would I like the sound of these as much as the Titan1's? (I know that nobody really can answer that one for me lol)

2) How well do these isolate?

I use the Titan1's at the gym, but they don't isolate well enough for that noisy environment, and I'm wondering if the IEB6's would do the trick.

Thanks!

Nice to see you here Wayne, sadly I can't answer your questions 100% but..

Apparently these things are tiny so I'm pretty sure that they will seal as good as Tenore, if not better. Especially considering they come with lots of differently sized tips.

Once they get to me I can give a more definite answer.

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #14 of 93
spiral dots are just a touch too big for ieb6. Its doable, but gotta dig tip out of ear as it disconnects from housing. Although, I did push spiral dot tip on past the stem which did help some, buy actually enjoy the enclosed tips or some grey tips that came from tpeos I beleive

I had a similar problem with putting the Meelec Dual flange on my Tenore.  I ended up using krazy glue.. but now I'm regretting because I found spiral dots cheap.  Hopefully I don't tear the MEE's in half while trying to pull them off my Tenore!

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #15 of 93
These are perfect for gym. Wear mine daily paired with xduoo x2. So small and light. Only downfall is lack of chin slider, but included cable clip is suitable fix

Ah nice that a clip is included, that is often missing from most packaged IEMs.

I had a similar problem with putting the Meelec Dual flange on my Tenore.  I ended up using krazy glue.. but now I'm regretting because I found spiral dots cheap.  Hopefully I don't tear the MEE's in half while trying to pull them off my Tenore!

Ouch, use some scissors and just cut the tips that's what I'd do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back