FIRST 5.5 GEN IMOD IMPRESSIONS!
Jun 4, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #136 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by artears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not thinking of purchasing the new iMod, maybe the old one, since I already have a 4th gen Ipod (it will certainly much cheaper for me). However, I think that, if I ever want to try this new iMod, I would love to have a dock with a female mini out like the turbo dock, so that it will allow us to use our existing cables and spend less... Maybe Ken can do something about it.

Im sure Ken could do a IMOD dock to female mini!

The options for cables are fewer I believe because he is trying to make enough regular docks for the masses. Once this is caught up I would send him an email and ask for that type of cable. Dock to RCA would be nice also.

Which are supposed to be coming via an imod dock. But it could be done in just a cable I would think!!!

Gotta ask the pros:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...68#post3008468

Jun 4, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #137 of 343
Whoa thank goodness you asked vinnie since I was wondering why it wasn't suggested before... now I know! Lol if I were trying to burn in this new toy, my impatience would have already blow something up, then asked
tongue.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #140 of 343
My 5.5g imod arrived today
biggrin.gif
Right now, I hear no real difference between it and the memory of my sadly stolen 4g (both amazing), but this weekend at the Tampa meet, we'll have a couple older imods and my new one so we can do a comparison. It won't have too many hours on it yet, but no matter. I'm just happy to have it home.

BTW Trose49, your imod label is on the front? Mine is on the back.

Jun 5, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #141 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 5.5g imod arrived today
biggrin.gif
Right now, I hear no real difference between it and the memory of my sadly stolen 4g (both amazing), but this weekend at the Tampa meet, we'll have a couple older imods and my new one so we can do a comparison. It won't have too many hours on it yet, but no matter. I'm just happy to have it home.

BTW Trose49, your imod label is on the front? Mine is on the back.

I have chose to put it on the exterior of my Illusion case so it is viewable thats all.

Jun 5, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #142 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oooh those rwa badges are sick! i wonder if i can get one of those badges on my 4gen imod?

Spoke to Vinnie, he is sending me the badge
eggosmile.gif

Speak to Vinnie, see if he can stick one on your imod when you send yours back. I am sure he will do it for you.

Jun 6, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #143 of 343
Couple of quick notes:

Just got back my Hornet from Ray from RSA and got a chance to try out my new iMOD JUMBO CRYO LOD.

My first impression of this cable is that it is considerably warmer (not muddy) than the standard cryo and also much warmer than the cryo/silver combo I have.

Of course this cable has 0 hours on the caps so im sure it will get even better with time but it was just what I wanted for my portable rig.

I use UE-10's with my Hornet/iMOD now and wanted a big punch in the low end which I think I'm gonna get from this LOD. Should be a great match for my IEMS.

More once I get some hours on it.

Jun 6, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #144 of 343
Why did you get your Hornet back from Ray?

Mod or repair?

Jun 7, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #146 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NOPE not even close!

3 Items! ONE STILL BIG SECRET!!! DELAYS DELAYS!!!

1) Top Secret
2) Beyer's
3) IMOD

A Xin amp?
tongue.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #147 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyways, lol, do you HAVE to have the RWA logo thing on the ipod? It makes it look hideous!

When I talked with Vinnie just before he started doing the 5G/5.5G iMod we talked about the iMod sticker being applied to the 5G/5.5G iMods. Since there is no real difference between a regular iPod and and iMod, Vinnie was concerned that with the iMod done, one could unknowingly plug it in (not realizing that it was an iMod - i.e. someone other than the iMod purchaser gets their hands on the iMod and thinks its just a regular iPod and attaches it to the iPod dock which is plugged into a home stereo and dang it there goes the stereo!) without using the iMod cable and destroy the gear it was plugged into. So the iMod label is being added mainly to stop any accidents from happening and also I personally believe it also helps cover RWA in case someone does plug it in and ends up destroying some gear. Vinnie is placing the logos on the back of the iMod. Trose49 just put it on the front becuase as he said his iMod was done before Vinnie had the stickers and so Vinnie shipped him a couple and Trose49 placed them where he wanted them. To each his own.
etysmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://photos10.flickr.com/17175583_e14c873ffa.jpg.

Funny!!!
etysmile.gif
tongue.gif
etysmile.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #150 of 343
I just got my iMod 5.5g with the ALO Super Cotton Dock. I am attempting to learn how to use the iTunes to any advantage right now. I got my Nano working in a manner logical to me finally. It probably will take a bit for me to get the iTunes working logically for me with my iMod.

What I want to do is to discretely pick files/folders to load onto the iMod without iTunes telling what I should put on it? This right now is what I am battling. It thinks it knows best apparently. I have many folders of various formats and sometimes I want AAC and others Apple Lossless. Is there a way to keep those folders in original condition without iTunes messing with them; i.e. combining them into a big library with no real logic.

On some of those initial tracks that got loaded and since I did not control what got loaded I don't know the quality I am listening too at this time. Those tracks are sounding very nice. Over the weekend I will take some more time with it, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back