FIRST 5.5 GEN IMOD IMPRESSIONS!
Jun 9, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #167 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trose,

Have you been able to compare the 5.5g imod to the 4g imod? If so what were your obervable differences?

He doesnt have a 4G imod...he only has the fancy schmancy 5G imod
basshead.gif

Jun 9, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #170 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by lextek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So If I buy my music off iTunes Plus and feed my RSA Hornet/Cardas /HD600 the iMod might be a waste?

That would be like putting 87 octane in a top fuel dragster.

Jun 9, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #171 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungClayB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be like putting 87 octane in a top fuel dragster.

Check my sig out for what Vinnie of the iMod fame says about compressed files.

Jun 9, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #172 of 343
Quote:

So If I buy my music off iTunes Plus and feed my RSA Hornet/Cardas /HD600 the iMod might be a waste?

Absolutely not. 256kbs is virtually indistinguishable for lossless for the vast majority (almost all) people Only your ears can truly decide, but the sound will still be very VERY good at 256.

Jun 9, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #173 of 343
Quote:

Just try it for yourself and trust what you hear. You are the one that is going to have to be satisfied with what you use. I played with AAC 300 vbr vs. Apple Lossless and I went with the lossless. That does not mean to say that sometime in the future when my collection gets much larger I will not compromise some by keeping favorites as lossless and make some less played files compressed.

Jun 9, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #175 of 343
Quote:

Please note that any kind of discussion of file sharing is not allowed on Head-Fi. We are a high profile Audio site, and any talk of condoning illegal activity, could lead to our demise.

Sorry, I did not meant any harm. As long as I do not break any copy protection this practice is not illegal in Germany! You are even allowed to make copies of your legal bought CDs (5-7 copies per CD is the case ruling right now, if I remember correctly) and distribute them for free to your friends. You are not allowed to charge money for this.
So please, before doing the same check your local laws.

Jun 9, 2007 at 8:42 AM Post #176 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom10167 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cmon Trose lemme listen I can be at your place in like an hour and I'll take you out to lunch!
smily_headphones1.gif

I have to get to know ya better before I "JUST GIVE IT UP"
basshead.gif

I may be in mystic this weekend Whats a number I can reach you at? SEND PM!

Jun 9, 2007 at 8:47 AM Post #177 of 343
I'm still looking at what cable I should get, but I'm personally uncomfortable with the huge price jumps from the regular cryo to anything else.

But as of now, I'm going for the cryo + silver combo dock. I want to try the cotton, but I'm afraid it'll break if I put it in my jacket pocket and whatnot; this stuff is portable, so imo it has to be rugged too.
icon10.gif

Jun 9, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #178 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still looking at what cable I should get, but I'm personally uncomfortable with the huge price jumps from the regular cryo to anything else.

But as of now, I'm going for the cryo + silver combo dock. I want to try the cotton, but I'm afraid it'll break if I put it in my jacket pocket and whatnot; this stuff is portable, so imo it has to be rugged too.
icon10.gif

If price is a concern do what I did and see if ken will make you a 22g cryo / 20g silver dock. Sounds great!

Jun 9, 2007 at 11:51 AM Post #180 of 343
Honestly, the whole dock connector thing is the big downside with the 5.5 G iMod IMO.
I hated them when I still had my video iPod and felt lucky when I finally had everything sold. After I got used to the iMod/amp combo I never regretted having no headphone out any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back