FIRST 5.5 GEN IMOD IMPRESSIONS!
Jun 7, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #151 of 343
You just need to go to edit>preferences>iPod and select manual sync.

Jun 7, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #152 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my iMod 5.5g with the ALO Cotton Dock. I am attempting to learn how to use the iTunes to any advantage right now. I got my Nano working in a manner logical to me finally. It probably will take a bit for me to get the iTunes working logically for me with my iMod.

What I want to do is to discretely pick files/folders to load onto the iMod without iTunes telling what I should put on it? This right now is what I am battling. It thinks it knows best apparently. I have many folders of various formats and sometimes I want AAC and others Apple Lossless. Is there a way to keep those folders in original condition without iTunes messing with them; i.e. combining them into a big library with no real logic.

On some of those initial tracks that got loaded and since I did not control what got loaded I don't know the quality I am listening too at this time. Those tracks are sounding very nice. Over the weekend I will take some more time with it, of course.

Hey Slwiser,

I have ticked the "manually manage music..." box to not have iTunes auto sync or do anything at all on its own. I use a mac and do not even use the "iTunes Library". I literally drag and drop folders into the icon of my iMod in an open iTunes program. So I have a folder call "Lossless" with various artists that I drag from an open file window outside of iTunes and drag and drop these folders on the icon of my imod in itunes. The folders are copied to my ipod.

Hope this helps,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jun 7, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #153 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Slwiser,

I have ticked the "manually manage music..." box to not have iTunes auto sync or do anything at all on its own. I use a mac and do not even use the "iTunes Library". I literally drag and drop folders into the icon of my iMod in an open iTunes program. So I have a folder call "Lossless" with various artists that I drag from an open file window outside of iTunes and drag and drop these folders on the icon of my imod in itunes. The folders are copied to my ipod.

Hope this helps,

Ken

That must have been what I did for when I was working with my Nano, cause that was how I was using it with drag and drop.

I move lots of files over to the iMod and out of the box its sound is worth it for me.

Jun 8, 2007 at 10:54 AM Post #154 of 343
Got my iMod yesterday and haven't stopped smiling since. I concur that it sounds pretty good out of the box. Not looking forward to re-importing all my CDs into lossless though. The things one will do for SQ,

Jun 8, 2007 at 11:29 AM Post #155 of 343
Quote:

Not looking forward to re-importing all my CDs into lossless though.

I do not care to put my own CDs on my iMod. I either fill it up with music from our local libary or from a friend who has a collection of over 3000 CDs.
This way I am constantly exploring new artists. The stuff I like I am later buying on amazon or ebay. The rest is deleted.

Jun 8, 2007 at 11:55 AM Post #156 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by mogata /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The things one will do for SQ

SQ and love
plainface.gif

Jun 8, 2007 at 12:03 PM Post #157 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not care to put my own CDs on my iMod. I either fill it up with music from our local libary or from a friend who has a collection of over 3000 CDs.

Can you sync your iMod at the library? My problem is I don't have any friends with anywhere close to 3000 CDs and I don't think libraries in Japan have a great selection of music.

My real complaint is that when I first imported my CDs to iTunes, I imported at 192 or 320 AAC so I could get more songs on my iPod. Now with 80 gigs to play with, I figured lossless was the way to go, especially after reading Red Wine's website.

Jun 8, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #158 of 343
HOLY F,ing &^&^$%$%$%^*((^*&*($&^$%&^*(!!!!

The iMOD benefit that I heard on my Darths are NOTHING I REPEAT NOTHING to the benefits on the UE-10 pros.

It dials these babies in sooooo nice.

Bass is deeper and even more accurate (I didnt think this was possible)

Mids are neutral to slightly foward but in a good way (voices are clearer and words more easily distinquished)

The Highs is where I notice the biggest dif. The cymbals just slowley fade into the backround. Seems like a cybal crash can be clocked at 5-6 seconds to fade!

Really incredible Vin!

The JumboCryo is a perfect match for Ue-10's IMO!!!!!

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #159 of 343
WOW that's make me more even curious to listen through cstm IEMs. Simply can't wait to try my iMod ipod which will arrive soon. But please tell us littlebit more about soundstage, instrument seperation, image on UE10Pro and BTW are you using Cyro x Silver super dock cable or standard 22guage Cryo ALO iMod enabled dock cable?.

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #160 of 343
mogata wrote:
Quote:

Can you sync your iMod at the library? My problem is I don't have any friends with anywhere close to 3000 CDs and I don't think libraries in Japan have a great selection of music.

My real complaint is that when I first imported my CDs to iTunes, I imported at 192 or 320 AAC so I could get more songs on my iPod. Now with 80 gigs to play with, I figured lossless was the way to go, especially after reading Red Wine's website.

I cannot sync my iPod at the library, I am allowed to take the CDs to my home and keep them for a week
biggrin.gif

They do not have thousand of CDs but they get a good update now and then and there is always something new to discover.
I started with lossless from the beginning and will not try anything new. Since I still have the old 4G iMod i desperatly wait for the 120 GB hard discs to arrive. I could then send in my iPod for an upgrade and a battery replacement.

Jun 8, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #162 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW that's make me more even curious to listen through cstm IEMs. Simply can't wait to try my iMod ipod which will arrive soon. But please tell us littlebit more about soundstage, instrument seperation, image on UE10Pro and BTW are you using Cyro x Silver super dock cable or standard 22guage Cryo ALO iMod enabled dock cable?.

Soundstage is tough to decribe when using ue-10's Ibecause they normally are pretty forward I would say there is a bit more left to right depth and a little less forward then before music seems to have more layers some close some far but the pros will never compete in depth to full cans. Cable I have is jumbo cryo no silver. I didn't need and more silverish details with these and quite happy I went that way

I will try tonight with my hr-2 and cryo silver combo and report. Instument sep it probably biggest change in the positive direction quite impressive everything has its own place

Jun 8, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #163 of 343
Well i think 3000plus lossless tracks on 80GB ipod are enough but maybe only for me because i filled 7GB on my last 30GB ipod(maybe iam too pickey)
icon10.gif
. Quote:

Originally Posted by mogata /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, at lossless, 80 GBs is not enough. But what is one to do.

Jun 8, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #164 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HOLY F,ing &^&^$%$%$%^*((^*&*($&^$%&^*(!!!!

The iMOD benefit that I heard on my Darths are NOTHING I REPEAT NOTHING to the benefits on the UE-10 pros.

You have those old UE-10s. You're so outdated with only 3 drivers...
tongue.gif
UE-11
eggosmile.gif

Jun 8, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #165 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This way I am constantly exploring new artists. The stuff I like I am later buying on amazon or ebay. The rest is deleted.

Please note that any kind of discussion of file sharing is not allowed on Head-Fi. We are a high profile Audio site, and any talk of condoning illegal activity, could lead to our demise.
eek.gif

But then again, everyone knows that, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back