Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Nov 26, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #5,551 of 6,223
It doesn’t work. The tool is just turning without screwing the module
I ended up being able to get a little leverage at an angle with the tool. Then slowly half turn at a time while pulling at the same time. If that doesn't work, use really good tweezers to help the effort.

Also, tbh, I use a jewelers magnifier when I do this.

Nov 26, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #5,553 of 6,223
It is not supposed to be removed like a screw. You only need to twist and pull it gently at the same time. Ignore the ridge on the module, it's function is just to make a friction on the atom vent. The atom vent itself is grooveless, that's why we can put the atom XS module back simply just by pushing it inside without using the provided tools. If I am beside you I can happily do it for you. Never have any problem removing and reattach my atom XS module beside the chipping paint 😁

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #5,554 of 6,223
It is not supposed to be removed like a screw. You only need to twist and pull it gently at the same time. Ignore the ridge on the module, it's function is just to make a friction on the atom vent. The atom vent itself is grooveless, that's why we can put the atom XS module back simply just by pushing it inside without using the provided tools. If I am beside you I can happily do it for you. Never have any problem removing and reattach my atom XS module beside the chipping paint 😁
I reached out and got a T shirt and whole new atom set that doesn't chip complete with a cleaning tool set (small swabs and such) to clean up the hole from gold and red paint. They changed the atom xs so they don't do that anymore, seems anodized.

Nov 27, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #5,555 of 6,223
I reached out and got a T shirt and whole new atom set that doesn't chip complete with a cleaning tool set (small swabs and such) to clean up the hole from gold and red paint. They changed the atom xs so they don't do that anymore, seems anodized.
IIRC my dealer said he ordered the new and improved atom XS module but there's no answer from FiR. I don't know though what about now, because I don't have RN6 anymore

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #5,556 of 6,223
IIRC my dealer said he ordered the new and improved atom XS module but there's no answer from FiR. I don't know though what about now, because I don't have RN6 anymore
I can't imagine they ship any more sets without a baggy of new ones (or they opened the boxes and re sealed em) for the record I paid for the shirt and shipping and got a free set of atoms. Very surprised and pleased with that.

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #5,557 of 6,223
Did you put the XS mod back into the holder backwards? Bc that's what I did lol. Hard to see which direction to put them in, but if that happens you have to use tweezers to get them out. I had to ask for a replacement..

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #5,558 of 6,223
Btw late to the party but RN6 is fantastic.

Nov 28, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #5,561 of 6,223
Above the mesh of the Rn6 there sits a wire bent into a circle. Anyone know what purpose it serves? On one side it spins around and is loose but on the other it’s wedged in tight so doesn’t move around. Anyone know if this is an issue?

Nov 28, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #5,562 of 6,223
Above the mesh of the Rn6 there sits a wire bent into a circle. Anyone know what purpose it serves? On one side it spins around and is loose but on the other it’s wedged in tight so doesn’t move around. Anyone know if this is an issue?
It's supposed to be wedged tight because it keeps the mesh on it's place. You only need to widen it manually using some tools and you're good to go 😁
You mean this one right?
Screenshot_20231128-190831_Chrome_1.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #5,563 of 6,223
It's supposed to be wedged tight because it keeps the mesh on it's place. You only need to widen it manually using some tools and you're good to go 😁
You mean this one right? Screenshot_20231128-190831_Chrome_1.jpg
Yes precisely! Would I remove it and then open it up and wedge it back in? Or best not to remove it? I tried to open it slightly with the metal side of the cleaning tool but worried about pushing the mesh in. Surprised I have to do any of this after only owning them for a couple weeks.

Nov 28, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #5,564 of 6,223
Yes precisely! Would I remove it and then open it up and wedge it back in? Or best not to remove it? I tried to open it slightly with the metal side of the cleaning tool but worried about pushing the mesh in. Surprised I have to do any of this after only owning them for a couple weeks.
No, you need to use a tweezers for that. Just pinch on this spot using your tweezers, then pull it out gently
Screenshot_20231128-190831_Chrome_2.jpg

Widen it, then put it back in using the same technique when you remove it. Simple as that. No need to worry about the mesh get pushed in 😉

The concept is just like this, just slightly different

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #5,565 of 6,223
If the snap ring rotates it’s ok. There is a groove that holds it. It won’t come out. Some don’t move, it’s just a tolerance on the snap rings.

You mean this one right? Screenshot_20231128-190831_Chrome_1.jpg

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back