Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Nov 13, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #5,446 of 6,351
Ok thanks… But if I had to take an educated guess, if I’m using red module and I cover the module I’m surely getting more bass than what red would otherwise offer.

Some reviewers say that a bit of space is preferable because the vent works better this way. Others say that maximum contact is best.

Nov 13, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #5,447 of 6,351
Ok thanks… But if I had to take an educated guess, if I’m using red module and I cover the module I’m surely getting more bass than what red would otherwise offer.

Some reviewers say that a bit of space is preferable because the vent works better this way. Others say that maximum contact is best.
Hmm looks like covering the vent completely does add a touch more bass pretty wild lol

Nov 13, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #5,448 of 6,351

Ja, if you're covering the vent module partially to entirely – either by ear anatomy or just a finger for testing, it'll change characteristics of the isolation module – red module = largest opening to gold, smallest vent.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #5,450 of 6,351
I did it! Bought my first ever custom - Rn6. Very excited to get it.
I don’t understand they’re already the most comfortable Iem physically possible why get a custom ?? 😅

Nov 13, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #5,451 of 6,351
I don’t understand they’re already the most comfortable Iem physically possible why get a custom ?? 😅
If only you have perfectly identical ears and perfect fits.🥲 My left and right ears are a little bit different, which makes me always struggle with tips selection and mixing different size also doesn’t work for me neither. Another thing is that I have to constantly push the iem into my ears as they will get loose over time, which is also not a pleasant experience. So I said F it, let’s make a ciem, and now I have my ciem RN6.

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #5,452 of 6,351
If only you have perfectly identical ears and perfect fits.🥲 My left and right ears are a little bit different, which makes me always struggle with tips selection and mixing different size also doesn’t work for me neither. Another thing is that I have to constantly push the iem into my ears as they will get loose over time, which is also not a pleasant experience. So I said F it, let’s make a ciem, and now I have my ciem RN6.
Ohhhhhh well in that case .. 👍🏼👍🏼

Nov 13, 2023 at 9:08 PM Post #5,453 of 6,351
Nov 14, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #5,454 of 6,351
I did it! Bought my first ever custom - Rn6. Very excited to get it.
You won't be disappointed 🥹 with the red module they're the most "hifi" you can get. Kinda ruins alot of things 😅.

Nov 14, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #5,455 of 6,351
Xe6 kinetic bass be hitting like a tractor trailer going 90 on the freeway 🚛 🛣️🐄💥🔊
Using the red module, the bass is more like a Range Rover going 90.

Nov 14, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #5,456 of 6,351
Using the red module, the bass is more like a Range Rover going 90.
😂😂 black is a bus 🚌 silver is the tractor trailer and gold is friggen train 🚂

Nov 15, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #5,458 of 6,351
Which module, in your guys' experience, has the 'calmest' upper mids and treble on Rn6?
Gold, but you trade off too much. So the goldilocks would probably be the black module. Still prefer the red over everything but I can appreciate the silver on balance in a vacuum (if you didn't have other iems in the stable)

Nov 15, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #5,459 of 6,351
Fir confirmed that if the venting module is covered by your your ear anatomy as in the case with deep insertion, the module is not working as intended. You are in fact getting maximum isolation and there’s no air transfer.

I’ve been testing the Rn6 on my walk to work and I often find the bass lacking. It sounds pillowy. Testing with black and silver module. But immediately when I enter indoors the bass changes dramatically. No amount of EQ can remedy this I find. There’s a distinct lack of punch or authority in the bass when I’m listening outdoors.

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #5,460 of 6,351
Fir confirmed that if the venting module is covered by your your ear anatomy as in the case with deep insertion, the module is not working as intended. You are in fact getting maximum isolation and there’s no air transfer.

I’ve been testing the Rn6 on my walk to work and I often find the bass lacking. It sounds pillowy. Testing with black and silver module. But immediately when I enter indoors the bass changes dramatically. No amount of EQ can remedy this I find. There’s a distinct lack of punch or authority in the bass when I’m listening outdoors.
Did you a/b with other iems bass quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back